Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my M3LR in MSM from Cribbs Causeway this morning, even though I was booked in for 13:00 I got there not long after 11:00 and made a queue of one at the collection point in the shop/showroom. A quick wait of no more than a minute or so, for one of the staff to appear from the collection area in Car Park J, where quite a few Teslas awaited. Process was painless - show licence - sign on tablet once the agent had checked that the prep had been done - keycards duly programmed and handed over - quick walk to the car and left to check it over.
I immediately went to inspect the sills and they are fine on mine, but there was a slight haze on the nearside rear lamp outer unit, but something I figured I would chance with a bit of driving and that proved OK as when I got the car home (about a 60 mile drive) it was fine.
The poor cars had obviously been washed and stripped of the white protection (found a small piece left in first pic), but had then been left outside to Arwen's mercies (or lack of) and were looking a little grotty. Again not something worrying too much about provided the paint looked OK underneath, as I was about to drive back up the M5 which would leave a nice film of salt/spray on the car.
I drove to Michealwood Services on the M5 Northbound and plugged in at one of the Superchargers there for a bit of a top up (car had 150 miles on it when collected, so I topped up to 180). It was more to try one out and of course I looked a right clumsy amateur plugging in for the first time.
Back at home the car was even filthier, so I got out the two buckets (with grit guards), lambswool mitt, Megs Shampoo Plus and after a quick wash of the wheels with Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, gave the car a quick and gentle wash and MF Towell dry.
The paint is actually not that bad and I'll likely give it a coat or two of Dodo Juice tomorrow whilst I decide on a more enduring protection
20211129_120054.jpg20211129_120003.jpg20211129_120021.jpg20211129_153452.jpg
Also I plugged in the Gen3 Wall Charger once home and its pushing 32A @30-32miles an hour into the pack, but I've stopped that now until off peak.

We collected our SR+ M3 from the space centre in Leicester on Saturday. Very painless process, signed the tablet, needed to wait 5 mins for the plates to be made up and put on the car. Luckily the so called valeters didn't go anywhere near the car to put their swirl marks on it. Car had 40% battery on collection which got us back to Coventry fine. Gave the car a good wash and ceramic coating Sunday and it's come up fantastic. I've since fitted the sports pedals and the better mud flaps, front and rear, both from Amazon. The mud flaps really do a great job.

Attachments

• C232C27B-1CA8-4EB8-92FB-E039C5A5AF83.jpeg
    C232C27B-1CA8-4EB8-92FB-E039C5A5AF83.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 48
  • EA6E3C96-B1CE-49A5-9C39-59B9EB4DFA22.jpeg
    EA6E3C96-B1CE-49A5-9C39-59B9EB4DFA22.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DD495154-3F96-42EC-8A79-2744DA8F1E4E.jpeg
    DD495154-3F96-42EC-8A79-2744DA8F1E4E.jpeg
    718.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 789C6CF7-73A8-486A-887D-D8346B79AEAC.jpeg
    789C6CF7-73A8-486A-887D-D8346B79AEAC.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 07B9A9DC-96FD-4944-86D2-65BB7C0E77AF.jpeg
    07B9A9DC-96FD-4944-86D2-65BB7C0E77AF.jpeg
    421.1 KB · Views: 56
We collected our SR+ M3 from the space centre in Leicester on Saturday. Very painless process, signed the tablet, needed to wait 5 mins for the plates to be made up and put on the car. Luckily the so called valeters didn't go anywhere near the car to put their swirl marks on it. Car had 40% battery on collection which got us back to Coventry fine. Gave the car a good wash and ceramic coating Sunday and it's come up fantastic. I've since fitted the sports pedals and the better mud flaps, front and rear, both from Amazon. The mud flaps really do a great job.
Very pretty, same as mineā€¦ which Iā€™m collecting in 10 hours. Iā€™ve never been so excited for so long over a purchase. Itā€™s exhausting! I should sleep nowā€¦

Some Qs

Did you get your referral miles instantly? Or ready to use on the way home?
How quickly does the app change?
if you are a lease it can take 24/48 hours, mine is and I took delivery of the car at 11am on saturday, it appeared in the app at 10pm that day, I think it is sooner if you are buying the car. If the car isn't in the app on the way home and you need to charge at a supercharger you may not have to pay for it, I didn't when I needed to top up on saturday afternoon. Then when the car appeared in my app, the miles were there straight away.

Question please - I am expecting delivery of my MSM LR this afternoon (v v excited!!!) And have seen people on this thread refer to a 'checklist'. However I can't seem to find a definitive checklist on this site (used search function) or elsewhere using Google - so could someone please share what they have used? Thank you!

Question please - I am expecting delivery of my MSM LR this afternoon (v v excited!!!) And have seen people on this thread refer to a 'checklist'. However I can't seem to find a definitive checklist on this site (used search function) or elsewhere using Google - so could someone please share what they have used? Thank you!
That's the one I used

looks great, enjoy! How easy is it to fit the mudflaps? Which ones did you go for? I'm tempted to get them