Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Genuinely though, I hope they sort it! If it works for someone with a smaller phone then it gives me hope that they can move the coils, or maybe mine's faulty. Such a shame because it's a minor issue in the grand scheme of things!
Have you checked your USB-c ports are deffo there in the front compartment? and are they working? Cos it could be linked to this USB-C supplier issue.

Have you checked your USB-c ports are deffo there in the front compartment? and are they working? Cos it could be linked to this USB-C supplier issue.
Yeah deffo all there and I checked they had power going to them when I did the initial checklist - the wireless chargers DO kick on for about 10 secs and then they stop. Luckily I've just gone out and gotten a video of it happening on both sides of the charging pad so hopefully that should be enough info for them to diagnose before the mobile service comes on Friday!

Just to check - it is consistently charging for entire journeys? I've just been texted by Tesla service and they want me to send info + a video. Told them the phone I've got and just assumed it was too short but an iPhone 12 mini is definitely shorter... :/

Yeah deffo all there and I checked they had power going to them when I did the initial checklist - the wireless chargers DO kick on for about 10 secs and then they stop. Luckily I've just gone out and gotten a video of it happening on both sides of the charging pad so hopefully that should be enough info for them to diagnose before the mobile service comes on Friday!

I didn't watch it that closely, so when it started charging I assumed it worked. Might have stopped after 10 seconds. Will check tomorrow and let you know!

Reactions: Abcmsaj
Collected my car from the Leicester Space Centre.

Trade-in only required a signature and handover of keys and documents.

Wireless charger present and working correctly on both sides. USC-C ports all there too.
No panel gaps or paint defects that I could see.
The phone app was up-and-running within 5 minutes and authorised as a key without any hassle. Strangely, it does have my car listed twice. Probably just a glich that should correct itself??

Only issue I had was getting out of there. It's a very tight turn to get out with an awkwardly placed kerb. Must've done a 1000-point turn to get out without kerbing my right back wheel!

All-in-all, delighted!

IMG_0754.jpg
B475F10D-6E24-48A1-9966-7EE7D876EB40.JPG

Collected my car from the Leicester Space Centre.

Trade-in only required a signature and handover of keys and documents.

Wireless charger present and working correctly on both sides. USC-C ports all there too.
No panel gaps or paint defects that I could see.
The phone app was up-and-running within 5 minutes and authorised as a key without any hassle. Strangely, it does have my car listed twice. Probably just a glich that should correct itself??

Only issue I had was getting out of there. It's a very tight turn to get out with an awkwardly placed kerb. Must've done a 1000-point turn to get out without kerbing my right back wheel!

All-in-all, delighted!

View attachment 741761View attachment 741764
Looks so nice.

Reactions: PJRose83
Yes, 25.48p per kwhr with a 17p ish standing charge.

To be honest not much different from our current tariff which is 22p per kwhr and 23p standing charge so won’t feel much difference in terms of our other usage

Bloody hell, that's nuts! I was due to swap from Octopus to Go but my fixed rate til April is 16.8p/kWh ATM so maybe it's better I cancel the process of swapping if they're going to increase my day rate by over 50% 👀

Reactions: monkeyphil
Tesla delivery day today - apparently between 8am -12pm

Have had my VIN and plate for about a month now (BT71 G__)

09:19 - Tesla SMS - your M3 has been updated with a new Reg no (LB71 N__)
10:20 - Heard from the AnyVan driver, there's been a mixup sorry for the delay, he'll be here in 1 hour 20
10:20 - AnyVan SMS - Your driver is on heading your way - includes a tracking link
10:55 - Tesla SMS - your M3 has been updated with a new Reg no (LB71 Z__)
11:04 - According to the AnyVan tracking link the car hasn't moved and is still sitting at Thorpe Park 63 miles away

Maybe they keep losing my car in the car park and having to find another one....or the tracking link they've sent is for the 1st car 🤷‍♂️

I'm not feeling too confident!

just collected my car from Thorpe park. I seemed to be the first person there. Process was very smooth. I was a trade in so my old car had a brief inspection and mileage check. The new car was perfect, clean no blemishes , panel gaps were spot on, usb and wireless charging all there and working correctly.

Battery was 44% and used 14% to do 39 miles and the car was spot on with its estimation of destination SoC

Also there were 2 guys from Tesla owners club on hand to help with questions so had a nice chat with them

Car is now at the detailers for bumper and rocker ppf and they commented on how much Tesla build quality has gone up from the early models.

I'll post a picture up post detail tomorrow

Bloody hell, that's nuts! I was due to swap from Octopus to Go but my fixed rate til April is 16.8p/kWh ATM so maybe it's better I cancel the process of swapping if they're going to increase my day rate by over 50% 👀
I would just do the maths to get a definitive answer first. For me based on 95kwhrs of charging per week it’ll still save me circa £60pm which is significant. However obviously my rate right now is significantly higher than your 16.8p per kwhr.

It all depends on your individual usage in terms of charging vs day usage. For me i’ll probably take advantage of the lower night rate to do washing/ drying aswell and set it to finish at 4:30am 🤣 Maximise the savings!

Reactions: Abcmsaj
I would just do the maths to get a definitive answer first. For me based on 95kwhrs of charging per week it’ll still save me circa £60pm which is significant. However obviously my rate right now is significantly higher than your 16.8p per kwhr.

It all depends on your individual usage in terms of charging vs day usage. For me i’ll probably take advantage of the lower night rate to do washing/ drying aswell and set it to finish at 4:30am 🤣 Maximise the savings!
I have a spreadsheet that helps work all this out, might be useful for you. You will find it upthread