Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi reporting 148 waiting to download or downloading, so it looks like 2022.24.5 is rolling out to people on 2022.20.8
I agree that a significant increase on TeslaFi tends to show a full release is starting, rather than a tentative trial to a few cars.

I find that a full release is confirmed when the manual gets updated. It has been, to 2022.24.5. Note that the URL doesn't change. The latest manual for the 'current' release is always at the same address.

The revised manual does cover Tesla profiles, moving the repeater camera image and traffic light availability for all cars.

There are a few additional changes documented (I've not got the release yet, so this is from the manual), not mentioned on Tesla News, Latest Software Updates, Tesla Rumors and Tips:
  • Forward collision warning now resets to Medium at the beginning of each drive. It used to retain the setting you made.
  • A new 'Multi-Collision Braking' capability is documented, which is operational even if AEB is disabled for the current drive.
  • The tyre pressure display now also shows the recommended cold pressures (so you don't need to look at the door pillar!).

Reactions: MrMoonUK
Oh joy, I can look forward to the car shitting itself every time I go past a parked car at over 10mph
I've found this is actually improved. Seems to trigger when it gets a surprise rather than traffic parked on the road ahead. As an example it isn't warning now at a bit of road where cars are parked both sides but did alert when I came round a corner to see a car parked on the verge..

Having seen the multiple YT reports on FSD Beta 10.69 and Ashok’s lecture, it seems that there are several safety related improvements coming to standard AP just by trickledown and that the car now “knows” or recognises scenarios differently as safe/unsafe from vision and prediction.

Having seen the multiple YT reports on FSD Beta 10.69 and Ashok’s lecture, it seems that there are several safety related improvements coming to standard AP just by trickledown and that the car now “knows” or recognises scenarios differently as safe/unsafe from vision and prediction.
I also saw a youtube video about that, but that won't fix the dangerous behavior of EAP.

I wonder if the fact that Norway got this early (probably employee cars, but still) is any indicator of whether they might be on track for being the first European country to get FSD beta? As far as I'm aware Norway have opted out of the relevant parts of UNECE (r29?), or enough of it for Musk to say this:

That was nigh on 2 years ago mind, so it gives you some inkling as to how long the UK, a RHD country, will be after that (i.e. several years).

Article suggests that with 2022.24.5 you can now uninstall games you don't play. Also, new info added to tyre pressure screen with a time stamp for last updated reading and recommended cold pressures

Having been using this for a while I reckon tacc is much improved. Lot less false warnings. Doesn't try and take me off the motorway at junctions it used too and generally a nicer experience.
I had thought that the "taking you off the motorway" bug had been fixed a good few releases ago, but it happen again today, for the first time in ages, on 2022.20.8. Hoping that 2022.24 really does fix it.

FWIW, I'd always assumed that the style of lane marking you get at junctions is something that the neural net hasn't (hadn't?) been trained on, and therefore the car doesn't always see it - or at least isn't quite sure whether it is a real lane marking.

It happened to me today when the car in front of me took the exit - I think this may be the "lead car" thing. At least in FSD Beta, I believe that if the car doesn't have confidence that it has correctly interpreted the road markings, it will sometimes decide that it's safer to follow the path of the car in front of it (the "lead car") rather than rely on a low confidence of its understanding of the environment. Not sure though if this behaviour exists in normal autopilot, but maybe?

I had thought that the "taking you off the motorway" bug had been fixed a good few releases ago, but it happen again today, for the first time in ages, on 2022.20.8. Hoping that 2022.24 really does fix it.

FWIW, I'd always assumed that the style of lane marking you get at junctions is something that the neural net hasn't (hadn't?) been trained on, and therefore the car doesn't always see it - or at least isn't quite sure whether it is a real lane marking.

It happened to me today when the car in front of me took the exit - I think this may be the "lead car" thing. At least in FSD Beta, I believe that if the car doesn't have confidence that it has correctly interpreted the road markings, it will sometimes decide that it's safer to follow the path of the car in front of it (the "lead car") rather than rely on a low confidence of its understanding of the environment. Not sure though if this behaviour exists in normal autopilot, but maybe?
I would say you have nail on the head, I wondered why it only does sometimes and not always. Possibly could also be what's happening with the phantom braking and other unexpected behavior.