Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to think of why Tesla would now be allowing the deletion of games, given that other than the storage of some Tidal songs offline, there's really no other way that I can think of to use up the internal storage space.

Wonder if this is the beginnings of some form of an app store perhaps?

Trying to think of why Tesla would now be allowing the deletion of games, given that other than the storage of some Tidal songs offline, there's really no other way that I can think of to use up the internal storage space.

Wonder if this is the beginnings of some form of an app store perhaps?
He has been saying that they are working on support for Steam... That is sort of an "app store".

Reactions: Medved_77
Is there any mechanism for reinstalling games once you’ve removed them? Sounds like an obvious question but you never know…
Yes. Once you uninstall a game, a button appears on the game to install it. Once you click that button it will tell you that you need to be on WiFi for it to download and install. (But it does put it in the queue, and will show on the software page that a game update is pending download.)

I wonder if the fact that Norway got this early (probably employee cars, but still) is any indicator of whether they might be on track for being the first European country to get FSD beta? As far as I'm aware Norway have opted out of the relevant parts of UNECE (r29?), or enough of it for Musk to say this:

That was nigh on 2 years ago mind, so it gives you some inkling as to how long the UK, a RHD country, will be after that (i.e. several years).
Yep, and they haven't got wipers out of Beta so the chances of FSD happening is a somewhat distant dream. I also wonder if they'll keep the Beta tag as some legal protection if the worst happened. I can't see the subject ever being "finished" as such, there will always be improvements that can be made.

I was talking to a friend with a MY, same software (20.8) and he's never had the alarm beep issue when opening the doors. I wonder if this a Ryzen v previous gen issue MCU?

2022.24.5 dropped for me last night, just had a play with the new profiles feature.

You get a new profile on the car for each account that the car is associated with (in addition to any profiles you already have defined in the car) rather than associating an existing profile with your account.

Note of caution, because I missed out, you get one opportunity when you first edit the cloud profile to copy settings from another profile and after that you have to set it up as if it's a new profile.

That's not necessarily a big problem if you already have your profile selected but I happened to have Easy Entry selected so I ended up having to adjust everything again including things like navigation favourites .

I’ve seen some release notes suggesting adaptive brake lights are coming (it’s either in 2022.24 or yet another 2022.20). This is where the brake lights flash under heavy braking. I’m kind of surprised it doesn’t do it already as Tesla announced it in 2019. The more I read release notes on-line the more I find it’s a futile pastime as what you get in your car often doesn’t match up

Reactions: candida and Kenners
I’ve seen some release notes suggesting adaptive brake lights are coming (it’s either in 2022.24 or yet another 2022.20). This is where the brake lights flash under heavy braking. I’m kind of surprised it doesn’t do it already as Tesla announced it in 2019. The more I read release notes on-line the more I find it’s a futile pastime as what you get in your car often doesn’t match up
I think Europe always had that. That is America specific.

Thats the funny thing, one of the websites says it was China only before, another said its coming to the MY (but was on the M3..), another said it was on the MS and MX... I think "making it up" is too strong, but you can't really rely on them.
It’s been a European feature for years but not all countries allow it. Maybe the change is US law that now allows adaptive headlights not allows flashing brakes lights as well?

Not sure if anyone posted the release notes for 2022.24.5 so here are the ones we got in our Model Y. I usually do a manual two finger reboot after every update and, interestingly, the "Traffic Along Route" note only appeared after the reboot. Initially only the other three were showing.

IMG_4858.jpg
IMG_4859.jpg
IMG_4860.jpg
IMG_4861.jpg