Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…and finally.
tyre pressures in the app
A131ADCF-7AA1-4C3E-BF31-4A5188233A63.jpeg

Any news on whether those of you with 2022.24.6 are now running Tesla Vision (where previously you had radar)? Supposedly it doesn't show up on the release notes properly - but appears retrospectively in the release notes for a previous release.

Hmm - really not sure about whether to accept this, especially just before about to go on a big road trip in a few weeks.

Vision and the forced auto high beam do not appeal - at least not until (if) much improved.

Hmm - really not sure about whether to accept this, especially just before about to go on a big road trip in a few weeks.

Vision and the forced auto high beam do not appeal - at least not until (if) much improved.
What’s this about forced high beam? I’ve not seen anything about this?

I’m very surprised there moving to Tesla Vision here. I can see this being recalled like how auto on ramp / off ramp recently was.

I fear that the forced auto highbeams (and forced auto wipers) are going to result in a huge number of threads. Probably worse that the alarm issues, even 😀

And every time you think the discussion has died down, we'll have a new thread popping up, saying "My car seems to be enabling auto brights all by itself - is anyone else having this issue?". 😀😀

I doubt it will be recalled. It's not exactly new to the UK - remember, all recent UK cars (well, 3/Y at least) have been running Tesla Vision since delivery (the radar unit isn't even physically present).
Let’s see what November brings to the vision fleet before passing judgement on TeslaVision being suitable for use in UK climate.
My guess based on the last 3 Novembers is that there will be reduced effectiveness of some of the safety features that would ordinarily be partially handled by radar. But at least they fixed the bug that stopped windscreen camera from defrosting although there is still time for that to regress again like it did last year.

Let’s see what November brings to the vision fleet before passing judgement on TeslaVision being suitable for use in UK climate.
My guess based on the last 3 Novembers is that there will be reduced effectiveness of some of the safety features that would ordinarily be partially handled by radar. But at least they fixed the bug that stopped windscreen camera from defrosting although there is still time for that to regress again like it did last year.
But, if they were to admit that Tesla Vision really doesn't work in the UK, they'd have to physically recall a large number of UK vehicles to retrofit radar to them. I really can't see that happening.