Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.28.X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive the strobing but it looks like the update has goosed the sensors....as it now shows me parked up on top of my son's car...
Hurrah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221011-165649_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221011-165649_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Dilly
sorry if this has been discussed in here somewhere but scrolling through 21 pages is a bit daunting#

Is Elon listening to the cries of misery from forcing us to have auto wipers/lights on autopilot or are we stuck with this ridiculous "update"?

Reactions: CWT3LR
sorry if this has been discussed in here somewhere but scrolling through 21 pages is a bit daunting#

Is Elon listening to the cries of misery from forcing us to have auto wipers/lights on autopilot or are we stuck with this ridiculous "update"?
Under 2022.44.x and beyond, the auto high beam isn’t bad. Wipers are a little more ad hoc. How bad or good they are, seems to depend on where you live or drive and which model you own.
The wipers on my March 2020 3LR have been pretty fair from day one. There have been less than a handful of times where they were a bit wayward.

Reactions: Adopado and init6
Under 2022.44.x and beyond, the auto high beam isn’t bad. Wipers are a little more ad hoc. How bad or good they are, seems to depend on where you live or drive and which model you own.
The wipers on my March 2020 3LR have been pretty fair from day one. There have been less than a handful of times where they were a bit wayward.
but whether they're good or bad isn't the point. The point is that we are now forced to use both auto high beam and auto wipers when we may not wish to. A simple toggle to enable either of these would seem more appropriate in driving settings to me.

To give you some examples: auto high beam always comes on when I'm driving through our small town at night where there's one long road with a 30mph limit and it's just easier to set it on autopilot. The auto high beam blinds pedestrians and cyclists. Wipers almost always activate when I've got a tiny amount of spray from, say, a lorry in front and consequently smear the small spots of dirt on my windscreen into long streaks across my windscreen. This necessitates me cleaning the windscreen. The resulting moisture from the cleaning then triggers the wipers to activate more than they need and by that point, more streaks have appeared and this becomes an endless cycle. Both of these render autopilot as it now is very inconvenient.

but whether they're good or bad isn't the point. The point is that we are now forced to use both auto high beam and auto wipers when we may not wish to. A simple toggle to enable either of these would seem more appropriate in driving settings to me.

To give you some examples: auto high beam always comes on when I'm driving through our small town at night where there's one long road with a 30mph limit and it's just easier to set it on autopilot. The auto high beam blinds pedestrians and cyclists. Wipers almost always activate when I've got a tiny amount of spray from, say, a lorry in front and consequently smear the small spots of dirt on my windscreen into long streaks across my windscreen. This necessitates me cleaning the windscreen. The resulting moisture from the cleaning then triggers the wipers to activate more than they need and by that point, more streaks have appeared and this becomes an endless cycle. Both of these render autopilot as it now is very inconvenient.
I do agree. An on/off toggle would be useful