Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK]2022.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022.4.5.3..... big "thumbs down"!
The wipers have reverted back to their previous unruliness, EAP now sees demons about to crash into me, when there are none and so slows the car suddenly.
I'm getting fed up with the ever changing landscape: effectively the car has no usable cruise control or auto wipers. This is not good enough.
I think the wiper performance is generally so random that I very much doubt they’ve made any changes to it at all between recent software versions.

Regarding autopilot, yes I get phantom braking occasionally but I’d hardly call it unusable. Nothing in the most recent update has made it any better or worse for me. It’s still ‘mostly fine’.

2022.4.5.3..... big "thumbs down"!
The wipers have reverted back to their previous unruliness, EAP now sees demons about to crash into me, when there are none and so slows the car suddenly.
I'm getting fed up with the ever changing landscape: effectively the car has no usable cruise control or auto wipers. This is not good enough.
Moved the heated steering wheel button again too

4.5.3 is fantastic just for the reason that driver profile is back
But did you notice the driver profile disappears once you put the car in drive mode and compared to the Pre v11, where I can adjust the driver profile even while driving (got different profile for motorway driving, urban drive and daily runabout, reversing etc.,) this one if you have to change you have to go back to the controls.

Yes, the driver profile is back but not as it was in Pre V11. Suits people who always complains about the car not selecting the right profile.

this is just for information as you guys know I prefer the v11 and the fully automated side of Tesla.

Yes. I did notice is disappeared when setting off. No idea why it does this
... and my wife and I have a similar profile so if I've not specifically checked the screen before I more off it's too late ... I'm half a mile down the road and thinking why am I feeling slightly uncomfortable ... but can't just glance at the screen to confirm which profile I'm in! It's not the end of the world to have to tap the car icon to check and change but it does seem an unnecessary extra.

Reactions: Mik3LR
But did you notice the driver profile disappears once you put the car in drive mode and compared to the Pre v11, where I can adjust the driver profile even while driving (got different profile for motorway driving, urban drive and daily runabout, reversing etc.,)

Why do you need so many profiles, particularly the need to switch profiles while driving a normal commute?

I’m going to hazard a guess and say your use of the profiles is rather ‘niche’.

Reactions: init6
Why do you need so many profiles, particularly the need to switch profiles while driving a normal commute?

I’m going to hazard a guess and say your use of the profiles is rather ‘niche’.
Yeah I am bit particular about the mirrors and the seat adjustments. So in motorway there will be more comfy setting, so I can engage AP and with minimal input I can cruise. While urban drive my mirrors and steering are bit more compact and reversing has the wing mirror tilt enabled. The daily runabout will have seats more upright and mirrors and steering bit on the comfy side.

I know it is bit of too many profiles but I guess when you have the option to do without much of trouble why not?

I guess you probably fit into a 0.1% of users that don’t set and forget.

It seems as Tesla is maturing, their software model is moving to more of an ‘Apple’ approach. The focus on the 90%, and making it as easy/simple as possible for them.

I’d certainly put myself in more of the ‘enthusiast’ camp but even I don’t ever feel the need to change profiles while driving the car. Nearly everything like that is set and forget. I’d have completed my reverse manoeuvre before you’d buggered about with changing profile, even on V10.

‘set and forget’. Ok if only you use the car. But 3 use mine. Regularly. Im sure lots of people have 2 drivers set up. So changing profile can happen multiple times a day.

When the new driver gets into the car their profile is selected and the drive? That’s set and forget.

The person above is changing profile mid-drive, probably multiple times and they have 3-4 profiles set up to cover their normal driving. 99%+ of people just set their chair position, steering, regen, mirrors once and drive the car, hence the UI caters for that. As I said, it’s very much the Apple approach to software.

Reactions: UrbanSplash
It might be that I was just lucky, but I completed about 270 miles over the last two days on 2022.4.5.3, with the majority of it being motorways (M6/M1) and my car drove past lorries (in various lanes) absolutely perfectly - there was even sun, so shadows as well! I don't have FSD, just the bog standard TACC and lane assist, but it didn't flinch or panic once. It was SO relaxing, and made the trip a joy.

You can link a profile to a key.
You can, but our Model 3 is very poor at deciding which phone is the driver's. We often get in with one closest to the car but find the profile for the other phone is selected. Our garage is close to the house so the car seems to be aware of both phones, but not which is closest.

So 'set and forget' would be great, if it worked consistently. It doesn't.

And before anyone says 'buy a different car then', the Model 3 is a great EV and we are happy to live with a few inconveniences as the price to pay. Hoping that something very good can be made even better is the way progress is made.