Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, interestingly, either 2022.8.2 or 2022.8.2.5 seems to have fixed the issues I was having with autopilot being unavailable.

From time to time pretty much since I got the car in December, but much worse recently, I've had autopilot (TACC/autosteer), visualisations, and auto wipers all be unavailable for entire trips. Sometimes it would be unavailable from the start; sometimes it would work for a while and then disengage and be unavailable for the rest of the trip. Sometimes it would be back to normal on the next drive (at least for a while); sometimes it wouldn't.

I had this happen occasionally since I first got the car, but one of the 2022.4 updates definitely seemed to make it much worse, to the point where it was failing more often than not - so took it into the SC. They said they had identified a rare software issue and that I would have to wait for an update to fix it. I have to say I was not particularly hopeful that it this would happen any time soon but - fingers crossed - 2022.8.x seems to be working flawlessly for me.