Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bluetooth LE can be attacked. Turn on PIN to drive. Shrug and move on.
This.

Since my pick up in 2020 this was one of the first things i did. 2 years on, and I've never (touch wood) had any problems. This isn't specific to tesla's either, and truth be told hackers will find a way, one way or another. I'm glad I don't need to worry about a relay attack as I did in my previous car - I'd keep the key in a pouch opposed to my wallet.

I walk up to the car, it unlocks, I enter my pin and drive off. Get out and it self locks. Only draw back is, if someone did want to steal it, they'll need my pin. Frankly speaking a car can be replaced whereas my (and my families) safety could be jeopardised as a result of the pin.

Every time my EDD has disappeared (2x) it has come back with a hugely different EDD.
Of course, it's a dynamic thing which is dependent on latest information. As has been said many times in this channel, until a VIN is assigned, usually when ship is on the high seas, nothing is certain and EDD's are estimates. Understandable why Tesla don't give firm dates until there is high levels of certainty as otherwise there would be be an outcry. They err on the side of late notification. Delivery schedules which are forward looking rely on assumptions around order volumes and production estimates. Shanghai Giga's huge disruptions along with their suppliers of parts has added to the uncertainty. A lot of people are getting their delivery dates (last 2 weeks of June) delivery so this is a very positive sign and VINS will most likely appear for those lucky enough to get in on that schedule. A few ships are on route for Europe all arriving June.

Last edited:
Reactions: SBPY
So what do we all think? So many people are now showing specific dates in June. Mine was originally November, moved to June for a week, back to November for ages and has now settled on 16th - 30th of June. I know nobody really knows for sure but do we feel like these might now be likely? I’m just really looking forward to getting it and I get married on the 1st of July so it would be a nice wedding present before my self inflicted life sentence 😂

So what do we all think? So many people are now showing specific dates in June. Mine was originally November, moved to June for a week, back to November for ages and has now settled on 16th - 30th of June. I know nobody really knows for sure but do we feel like these might now be likely? I’m just really looking forward to getting it and I get married on the 1st of July so it would be a nice wedding present before my self inflicted life sentence 😂
Having started in November, mine jumped to June, then slipped to August, and is now apparently firmly stuck back in November. So I'm not sure I think anything, except confused. If it slipped further I was contemplaying buying second-hand and then trading-in when the new one arrives, but there isn't even the certaintly to allow that! On the other hand, it could just come forward again as it seems to have done for a lot of people!

M3 RWD, Blue, Black, 18s, EAP, Manchester - ordered 10 April

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Always remember, it's only a life sentence if it goes well 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Toblerone
Having started in November, mine jumped to June, then slipped to August, and is now apparently firmly stuck back in November. So I'm not sure I think anything, except confused. If it slipped further I was contemplaying buying second-hand and then trading-in when the new one arrives, but there isn't even the certaintly to allow that! On the other hand, it could just come forward again as it seems to have done for a lot of people!

Mine said august on the order page, then was may/june when logged into my account, then threw to November, back to June then to November again and has stayed there for little over a week now. ordered march 5th

See I ordered mine on the same day as you. I originally ordered the M3 RWD, white, white 18’s but about 4 weeks ago I changed to LR AWD and it slipped back to November and then jumped forward to my current EDD.

I did see Mr. miserable say on the shipping thread that he saw lots of white and black but no blue so that might be the reason. Fingers crossed it jumps forward though 🤞🏼

Well RCC Europe isn’t due in suez for a few weeks, and that’s the one pegged as heading for U.K.

Also some people will get VINs then they get unassigned as they unload cars as some get damaged
Totally understood, what I was trying to gauge though is how unlikely those early dates are. All I was thinking is that if the early dates don’t start getting VINs next week then the mid-June estimated deliveries aren’t likely to happen, right?

What I don’t get is why the system/also doesn’t update the ones that say May to an actual believable estimate. I’d rather Tesla update my EDD to August than something I know is just blatant rubbish. At least I could plan the sale of our existing vehicle then?

Personally, I still don’t think the narrow window orders in June will stay unchanged. We’ve had a narrow June window on our order already followed by an August/September one before it reverted to the original May it still shows. Maybe the May ones are the way the system identifies those cars that will be allocated first??

Tbh, the whole EDD thing is a complete mess imho.

Your EDD has behaved exactly the same as my MYLR, I’m just showing May now. Ordered late Feb

Reactions: WhiteHartMart
The EDD is May as it’s not been allocated a build batch/ship yet. I honestly think they don’t know yet, so no point changing it. Or they don’t want cancellations if the flipped them all to August. Gleaming together all the data from the shipment spreadsheets. Those with narrow EDDs in june ordered in Feb. Lots of the May orders were from March. So they might be coming on the next few ships if anymore leave over the next couple weeks. Mr M will keep us updated.
It doesn’t make any sense really though. We have two Feb orders with May EDDs and the one above also so that theory doesn’t add up much either.

I’d much rather Tesla come clean and put August or something believable - at least we’d know where we stand.

A
It doesn’t make any sense really though. We have two Feb orders with May EDDs and the one above also so that theory doesn’t add up much either.

I’d much rather Tesla come clean and put August or something believable - at least we’d know where we stand.
A lot depends on car spec too. Just picture your May EDD as having no EDD. When it finally changes you’d then expect it to be more accurate as they will be back up to full production. Only 9 days to wait. I’m sure they’ll change to something else by June 1st. . As the system probably doesn’t allow an EDD in the past.

Reactions: WhiteHartMart
The EDD is May as it’s not been allocated a build batch/ship yet. I honestly think they don’t know yet, so no point changing it. Or they don’t want cancellations if the flipped them all to August. Gleaming together all the data from the shipment spreadsheets. Those with narrow EDDs in june ordered in Feb. Lots of the May orders were from March. So they might be coming on the next few ships if anymore leave over the next couple weeks. Mr M will keep us updated.
I ordered M3 LR in Feb with EDD in Aug, and was offered a car in March. But I declined it because it was too early. And the guy at Tesla said I should receive the car in May or June. Still Aug EDD.