Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loving all the new cars popping up!

Checked in with Tesla to see how mine order is going. Was originally told June by my lease company as it was part of a bulk order originally placed early March.

Moved out of this quarter no big deal, revised estimate July-Sept.

Just checked with Tesla and they’re now saying November - Jan 😫😫

I’ve reached out to my lease company as that’s quite a significant order jump.

MY W/B/19 wheels

Basically I’m just envious of all the shiny new toys haha

Attachments

• 17FD3678-7130-4F73-A1CA-4445FDC04BAC.jpeg
    17FD3678-7130-4F73-A1CA-4445FDC04BAC.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 63
I've just got insurance with DL. Given them the reg number. I asked if have to do anything else when I get the car next week and they said no.

In fact, I've just checked, they've sent me the policy/insurance documents. They're in my account. Insured from 29th June.
I can echo the above. Spoke to a CS at Direct Line and they just needed the reg number. I've received docs in the post and I'm all set for collection on the 29th June from the NEC.

The owners manual says it adjusts automatically when moving from left to right hand side of road and vice Verda
The front headlights do not adjust automatically when GPS signal senses geographic location of the vehicle having changed to an opposite side traffic county. New Mercedes vehicles do but unfortunately, the rear foglight do not on any vehicles. For right hand drive vehicles driving on left of road (in UK, Australia, Singapore, etc) the foglight is lit on right side rear light module and For Left hand drive vehicles driving on right of road (in RHD countries in Europe, USA and else where) the foglight is lit on left side rear light module and this is not programmable and is a requirement to be modified by physically hard wiring the fog light in the light module. This is only required if you ship a vehicle to another country where there is a change of drive side and you wish to register the vehicle in that country. This is not required if you are simply driving through or vacationing in the country

Last edited:
Additional question for the collectors of yesterday/today: do the reg plates provided come with the ugly green strip? (and no UK flag I suppose?)
I distinctly remember seeing green stripes and no UK flag on collection photos from yesterday, so I think you're right.

It'll be a short sharp trip to ukregplates.co.uk for me once the V5 arrives, I think...

Reactions: WllXM
M3LR on Friday 24th - if I can get all of the finance paperwork sorted; Tesla Finance aren't in a hurry to respond to anything!

Checked in with Tesla to see how mine order is going. Was originally told June by my lease company as it was part of a bulk order originally placed early March.

MY W/B/19 wheels

I was told similar, with Tesla and the lease company timelines disagreeing. I think perhaps Tesla are being quite conservative in their estimates? Makes sense it's pushed out by a quarter, due to a few months of reduced production. Pushed out by half a year is a bit extreme

Reactions: EchoOneZero

MY W/B/19 wheels

If I see again this pre-canned response on the chat I will start to mess with them by replying "please explain again how a 3 weeks lockdown in China is delaying my order by 6 months ?"

...but this would probably push me further down the queue 😃

MY W/B/19 wheels

That’s really poor, no way 3 weeks of lockdown can create a 6 month delay.

I am too in same boat with a lease order due in June, but tesla told me last week Q3, which would be Jul-Sept. Leaseco saying July, but I doubt that.

I just wish Berlin was making RHD LR MY, be so much quicker

Reactions: Snowy77
That’s really poor, no way 3 weeks of lockdown can create a 6 month delay.

I am too in same boat with a lease order due in June, but tesla told me last week Q3, which would be Jul-Sept. Leaseco saying July, but I doubt that.

I just wish Berlin was making RHD LR MY, be so much quicker
List of other possible new excuses from Tesla staff once the April Shanghai lockdown excuse will wear out:
- "its the war in Ukraine"
- "we're having delays because of the current inflation"
- "Brexit customs checks"
- "due to the rail strike this week..."

Reactions: Kingpopsy