Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Key card and key phone questions.

Should the key cards work on both passenger and driver side pillars? Both my kc's only work on the drivers side.

Should the car (MY) recognise the blue tooth of my phone key as I get in range and unlock and extend wing mirrors (wing mirrors enabled already)? Currently this isn't happening.
Thanks all

Comes as little surprise to hear that a detailer says “no PPF” when you’re paying them to fit some - theirs will be “better” anyway I’m sure.

My Y has definitely got some kind of film on the front bumper. Whether that’s PPF or part of the bumper I have no clue.

Hi Utumno and All,

I kinda' wish I had not been so anal by insisting that Lizzie be trailered straight of to the detailers where she must now languish until the 7th due to an illness caused delay at the shop. Though to be fair, she was never going to be ready before the 5th.

I will try not the let the front bumper issue over-occupy my fever prone brain.

D Day plus one:
What I now find so cool is that I can see her in the app and will see if her current 5 miles increases.
Her current temperature is 32deg! I worry that her plastic vegan leather may melt.

I just notice that her estimated range has dropped slightly...?

D Day:
I was amazed at the size of the parking area and the great number cars at Staines. From our initial overview it was clear that white predominated followed by grey, then a few blue, followed by a sprinkling of, what we thought at at first, seven reds throughout the site. All of them conveniently placed for direct access.

So, before checking-in, we drove around searching for Lizzie's reg. The excitement built then deflated with six anticlimaxes.
Then : "This must be her, it's last of the seven". .........But it wasn't:oops:.
.......to be continued:cool:

Last edited:
Key card and key phone questions.

Should the key cards work on both passenger and driver side pillars? Both my kc's only work on the drivers side.

Should the car (MY) recognise the blue tooth of my phone key as I get in range and unlock and extend wing mirrors (wing mirrors enabled already)? Currently this isn't happening.
Thanks all
Key cards work only on driver side B pillar. Phone unlock does not unlock just be approaching the car. You need to open a door handle.

Reactions: JOL1 and Snowy77
I left Devon via train at around 11.15am this morning, I'm due in to Southampton at 2pm, for collection at 3. Although I've waited 4 and a half months, I still feel quite lucky and privileged to be collecting today.

It's a bit of a bitter sweet one, and apologies for going deep on you all, but I'll explain why...

Me and my Dad have always been car mad, and when I advised him that I would be getting a Tesla, he was really excited. He'd been battling Lymphoma for 18 months, and when I placed the order he was in quite good physical shape.

All we talked about for the last 4 months or so, was "when is the Tesla coming, what shall we do and where shall we go when you get it". I'm not saying it was his dying wish to have a ride/drive a Tesla, but he was really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, he passed away 3 weeks ago, aged 63.

The bitter sweet bit, is about an hour or so after he died, that's when I got the text from Tesla informing me that it was on it's way. I think he may have pulled a few strings for me when he got up there, religious or not, it seemed impeccably well timed.

I keep getting excited about picking it up, and my immediate thought is "oh my Dad is gonna love it", but then I realise he's not here any more. Grief is a weird one, but genuinely, I feel like he'll be with me today, he'll certainly be there the first time I put my foot down!

So the Tesla will be a very special car for me, in memory of a very special man.

My Dad's name was Pete, so if you speak out to him (if you believe in that stuff), he might be able to get you pushed up the list 😂.

Pics to follow later this evening!

Have a good day all.

Does anyone know whether there’s any impact to the warranty if repaint the callipers?
Not sure. I can't imagine why ...but what do I know about the devious minds that draw up terms and condition of Car Warranties.I would be surprised if you can find a conclusion answer although, you might try calling an SC manager (anonymously of course :))

I have gone for red calliper covers. I suppose if one came and damaged the car it might cause..so, I will try to follow George Ezra's example and
not think about that stuff.

Of course, in reality, shallow go into fret mode:oops:

I left Devon via train at around 11.15am this morning, I'm due in to Southampton at 2pm, for collection at 3. Although I've waited 4 and a half months, I still feel quite lucky and privileged to be collecting today.

It's a bit of a bitter sweet one, and apologies for going deep on you all, but I'll explain why...

Me and my Dad have always been car mad, and when I advised him that I would be getting a Tesla, he was really excited. He'd been battling Lymphoma for 18 months, and when I placed the order he was in quite good physical shape.

All we talked about for the last 4 months or so, was "when is the Tesla coming, what shall we do and where shall we go when you get it". I'm not saying it was his dying wish to have a ride/drive a Tesla, but he was really looking forward to it.

The bitter sweet bit, is about an hour or so after he died, that's when I got the text from Tesla informing me that it was on it's way. I think he may have pulled a few strings for me when he got up there, religious or not, it seemed impeccably well timed.

I keep getting excited about picking it up, and my immediate thought is "oh my Dad is gonna love it", but then I realise he's not here any more. Grief is a weird one, but genuinely, I feel like he'll be with me today, he'll certainly be there the first time I put my foot down!

So the Tesla will be a very special car for me, in memory of a very special man.

My Dad's name was Pete, so if you speak out to him (if you believe in that stuff), he might be able to get you pushed up the list 😂.

Have a good day all.
Great to hear you are taking delivery today, I will be there around 5.30-6pm.

On your story, really sorry your dad never got to see your car and I'm sure he would have been mega excited to see it with you, not much else I can really say apart from cherish the good memories and he would have been very happy for you.

My dad is still with us after a stroke a couple of years back, luckily he recovered well but its the first time I really thought of a situation where one of my parents may not be here n the future, same as you always show him my new cars etc as he has a love of them.

I got an Alpine a110 a couple of years back, went straight round there and took him for a spin around the country lanes. Not quite the same but I will no doubt drop in a surprise on the way home to show him the new Tesla tonight, we haven't mentioned to anyone we are getting it yet in the family.

Have a good day all.
My condolences. I empathise. My Dad died when I was just 23.

I have named my MY "Lizzie Pym" her married name, after after my late and much missed sister.

I have replaced the Tesla mats with " Lizzie Pym" monogramed carpet mats. They are now on her floor. Not sure what to do when it's time to put down the all-weather matts:)

Best wishes for today.

Key cards work only on driver side B pillar. Phone unlock does not unlock just be approaching the car. You need to open a door handle.
Thanks for the reply. My phone is telling me its still connected to the car via bluetooth when I'm inside my house and therefore it's not locking as I walk away. Am I missing something or shall I just remove the phone key feature and rely on the key card only?

Not sure. I can't imagine why ...but what do I know about the devious minds that draw up terms and condition of Car Warranties.I would be surprised if you can find a conclusion answer although, you might try calling an SC manager (anonymously of course :))

I have gone for red calliper covers. I suppose if one came and damaged the car it might cause..so, I will try to follow George Ezra's example and
not think about that stuff.

Of course, in reality, shallow go into fret mode:oops:
Thanks 😊 anyway, agreed with u that if go for it, don’t think about it😅
Would u mind to share any pics for your callipers?

Thanks for the reply. My phone is telling me its still connected to the car via bluetooth when I'm inside my house and therefore it's not locking as I walk away. Am I missing something or shall I just remove the phone key feature and rely on the key card only?
My phone maintains the bluetooth connection (as shown in the Tesla app) from a pretty far distance, including inside my house. However, our Tesla will auto-lock after walking away about 10 meters or so. I presume you have the auto-lock feature set to on in the car, so not sure why your car isn't locking after a brief moment when you walk away. It sometimes feels it takes longer than ideal, but our cars always lock after walking away.

It would be unfortunate to rely sole on the key cards for lock/unlock. We find having our phones as a key is among the many great features of our Tesla.

Great to hear you are taking delivery today, I will be there around 5.30-6pm.

On your story, really sorry your dad never got to see your car and I'm sure he would have been mega excited to see it with you, not much else I can really say apart from cherish the good memories and he would have been very happy for you.

My dad is still with us after a stroke a couple of years back, luckily he recovered well but its the first time I really thought of a situation where one of my parents may not be here n the future, same as you always show him my new cars etc as he has a love of them.

I got an Alpine a110 a couple of years back, went straight round there and took him for a spin around the country lanes. Not quite the same but I will no doubt drop in a surprise on the way home to show him the new Tesla tonight, we haven't mentioned to anyone we are getting it yet in the family.
A great surprise - Brilliant.

It's a bit of a bitter sweet one

Have a good day all.
I'm sincerely sorry to hear sir :( I'm quite spiritual, and most likely he knew how much this meant to you both, but more so how much it would have ment to share this with him. Whilst he may not have been able to control his departure, I so believe there was some influence here, and as much as it doesn't help things, I still believe he had a hand in your EDD being confirmed, and believe me, he's sharing every moment of it with you when you're in it and enjoying it.

A toast to your dad, and a toast to all the future time you and he (in spirit) share with the car. 🥂