Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened to me and I paid 17.5K upfront when asked , they then changed the EDD to end of the year Oct-Nov. I then asked for the money back as I felt it was a little misleading the way it was positioned. At the point of paying the EDD was June so assumed it was to get delivery allocated and sorted. This kicked off a whole nightmare trying to get the refund.

A month after it started they then found a cancellation so I had to pay again as the money was in no mans land, basically paid 2 *17.5 and they are in the process of refunding one amount. Nightmare. Luckily I'm dealing with someone in Tesla that appears to be really customer focussed now so looks like it's progressing.

Don't pay until you have a VIN or some further confirmation unless you are happy for the money to be out of your account for potentially several months.
I thought that you get the final invoice after VIN is allocated as the VIN comes in the invoice . Isn't that right ?

Yes also iPhone. I have the app open now. It is telling me that it is standing in the detailers car park where I left it last night and that its interior temperature has rise to 38c !

:)I should have left it in Dog Mode. However, on the upside, its estimated range has increased by one mile since this morning.
The reverse can be expected from Dog Mode which is ruff ruff on the battery but essential when the dog's aboard:).
38c is not that bad -- do not worry. And you should be able to turn on climate control from your phone (in addition to overheat protection, Dog Mode, etc). But my detailer would be very unhappy if I started turning on climate settings remotely. He said the first thing he does when he starts working on the car is shut off climate control. Like yours, our Y is with a detailer for full paint correction and PPF. Paint was in great condition, by the way, only a few minor nits found by the detailer none of which are unexpected. He was pleased, so I am as well.

Picked up from Southampton this afternoon. Big long queue but didn't mind waiting as I knew it'd be worth it.

Shortish drive home for me back to Winchester. Funny seeing so many other new Tesla owners on the road on the way home.

Car drives great. Zero issues with the car that I can see, immaculate. Took one picture when I got home as it started pissing it down. Looking forward to using it properly tomorrow and beyond!

Attachments

• IMG_20220630_164607.jpg
    IMG_20220630_164607.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for the reply. My phone is telling me its still connected to the car via bluetooth when I'm inside my house and therefore it's not locking as I walk away. Am I missing something or shall I just remove the phone key feature and rely on the key card only?
The car losing BT connection to the phone isn't the trigger for it locking - it works out the distance from the car (using triangulation from multiple BT sensors) and locks when it calculates the phone is a few metres away.

As others have stated, you need to enable it to auto lock in the car settings.

Picked up from Southampton this afternoon. Big long queue but didn't mind waiting as I knew it'd be worth it.

Shortish drive home for me back to Winchester. Funny seeing so many other new Tesla owners on the road on the way home.

Car drives great. Zero issues with the car that I can see, immaculate. Took one picture when I got home as it started pissing it down. Looking forward to using it properly tomorrow and beyond!
Looks nice in blue with the 20" Inductions.❤️

Reactions: baz65 and Toblerone

Looks very nice, just in the queue myself now. Only 2 before me 👏👏

Looks great! That’s my spec - gotta wait 3 months or so for it…

Reactions: OUTATIME1
Zen have just emailed to confirm the car is on its way to the delivery partner, and will be with me next week 😀
I would doubt that, Tesla do all the delivery and zen don’t touch the car at all. Tesla would want that car delivered by end of today not next week anyway. Something up with what zen are telling you, as they have told me Tesla will tell me before them and arrange it all with me…

I left Devon via train at around 11.15am this morning, I'm due in to Southampton at 2pm, for collection at 3. Although I've waited 4 and a half months, I still feel quite lucky and privileged to be collecting today.

It's a bit of a bitter sweet one, and apologies for going deep on you all, but I'll explain why...

Me and my Dad have always been car mad, and when I advised him that I would be getting a Tesla, he was really excited. He'd been battling Lymphoma for 18 months, and when I placed the order he was in quite good physical shape.

All we talked about for the last 4 months or so, was "when is the Tesla coming, what shall we do and where shall we go when you get it". I'm not saying it was his dying wish to have a ride/drive a Tesla, but he was really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, he passed away 3 weeks ago, aged 63.

The bitter sweet bit, is about an hour or so after he died, that's when I got the text from Tesla informing me that it was on it's way. I think he may have pulled a few strings for me when he got up there, religious or not, it seemed impeccably well timed.

I keep getting excited about picking it up, and my immediate thought is "oh my Dad is gonna love it", but then I realise he's not here any more. Grief is a weird one, but genuinely, I feel like he'll be with me today, he'll certainly be there the first time I put my foot down!

So the Tesla will be a very special car for me, in memory of a very special man.

My Dad's name was Pete, so if you speak out to him (if you believe in that stuff), he might be able to get you pushed up the list 😂.

Pics to follow later this evening!

Have a good day all.

I left Devon via train at around 11.15am this morning, I'm due in to Southampton at 2pm, for collection at 3. Although I've waited 4 and a half months, I still feel quite lucky and privileged to be collecting today.

It's a bit of a bitter sweet one, and apologies for going deep on you all, but I'll explain why...

Me and my Dad have always been car mad, and when I advised him that I would be getting a Tesla, he was really excited. He'd been battling Lymphoma for 18 months, and when I placed the order he was in quite good physical shape.

All we talked about for the last 4 months or so, was "when is the Tesla coming, what shall we do and where shall we go when you get it". I'm not saying it was his dying wish to have a ride/drive a Tesla, but he was really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, he passed away 3 weeks ago, aged 63.

The bitter sweet bit, is about an hour or so after he died, that's when I got the text from Tesla informing me that it was on it's way. I think he may have pulled a few strings for me when he got up there, religious or not, it seemed impeccably well timed.

I keep getting excited about picking it up, and my immediate thought is "oh my Dad is gonna love it", but then I realise he's not here any more. Grief is a weird one, but genuinely, I feel like he'll be with me today, he'll certainly be there the first time I put my foot down!

So the Tesla will be a very special car for me, in memory of a very special man.

My Dad's name was Pete, so if you speak out to him (if you believe in that stuff), he might be able to get you pushed up the list 😂.

Pics to follow later this evening!

Have a good day all.
I am so sorry for your loss, I lost my mother in February so I understand completely that these major events are tinged with more than a bit of sadness. I am sure your dad was with you today and pleased as punch for you finally getting your new car. Looking forward to seeing the pics :)

I have noticed a kind of high pitched noise in the cabin when the car is on the motorway ... it seems to only kick in during acceleration, has anyone else had this isssue? It isn't annoying but just one of those things like a flickering light, once it happens you keep waiting for it to return 😬😬😬

6D2D0F62-FD7F-406D-8CCC-C3CD1F140240.jpeg
Well what a day. It’s been a long wait since January for this day to come but to those reading and waiting, the day comes. Everything was great and as expected. Trade in, didn’t look at it, 2 mins with the TA handed the keys and boom it’s mine. Good thorough check of the car, looks lovely, can’t find any issues. All the cables I was expecting supplied, 50% charged, no swirls. Calibration took about 6 miles. Stopped at a Supercharger on the way home and that all worked like a treat too. Home plug works, that’s a relief it was fitted in February… Hang on in there folks. D days will come… fab drive home, looking for excuses to go out!

View attachment 823152Well what a day. It’s been a long wait since January for this day to come but to those reading and waiting, the day comes. Everything was great and as expected. Trade in, didn’t look at it, 2 mins with the TA handed the keys and boom it’s mine. Good thorough check of the car, looks lovely, can’t find any issues. All the cables I was expecting supplied, 50% charged, no swirls. Calibration took about 6 miles. Stopped at a Supercharger on the way home and that all worked like a treat too. Home plug works, that’s a relief it was fitted in February… Hang on in there folks. D days will come… fab drive home, looking for excuses to go out!
Great to get that update. Enjoy

Reactions: Frizzy