Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been reading the text about the granny charger

Starting on April 17, 2022, new orders will NOT get the Mobile Connector as standard equipment. The consensus is that as per the price increase, Tesla will honour the 'what you ordered' at the time of your order. So for anyone having place an order before April 17, the granny should be standard equipment (as it was expected at time or order).

For me 'the granny' although totally inconvenient for daily practicality, will be a much needed piece of kit. If I go to my brothers (regularly) it'll be nice to pop on charge if he's feeling charitable, he doesn't have and EV / charger, so the granny is helpful... ALSO, we do a lot of camping, so it's a great plan to have the granny to feed the car / charge whilst camping to claw back some of that used juice without tripping the campsite grid (with site owner permission ofc). Sometimes (Wales especially), boy do you need a back up charger. Charging from campsite is almost a no brainer.

So, it is a very handy bit of kit to have!

Starting on April 17, 2022, new orders will NOT get the Mobile Connector as standard equipment. The consensus is that as per the price increase, Tesla will honour the 'what you ordered' at the time of your order. So for anyone having place an order before April 17, the granny should be standard equipment (as it was expected at time or order).

For me 'the granny' although totally inconvenient for daily practicality, will be a much needed piece of kit. If I go to my brothers (regularly) it'll be nice to pop on charge if he's feeling charitable, he doesn't have and EV / charger, so the granny is helpful... ALSO, we do a lot of camping, so it's a great plan to have the granny to feed the car / charge whilst camping to claw back some of that used juice without tripping the campsite grid (with site owner permission ofc). Sometimes (Wales especially), boy do you need a back up charger. Charging from campsite is almost a no brainer.

Fully agree. I ordered a week ago so not sure if I’ll get one included. Not taking any chances (especially as I’m still arranging for a charging point to be fitted) so have just picked up a bargain on eBay. Worst case I get one included and I can relist for the same price I’ve paid, as demand will only be going one way…

Reactions: Snowy77
I placed my order on the 25th January and this is the latest update below , direct from Tesla this morning..... originally I was told March/April and now it looks as though it could be June or even later! I ordered the MODEL 3 RWD/deep blue with black interior and aero caps

I have had a look at your order and we are currently waiting for a vehicle to be assigned to your order, once a vehicle has been assigned we will notify you by SMS.

As we are waiting for the next shipments of Model 3 RWD to arrive, we are now currently looking at June delivery. The dates are updated based on the factories production and expected arrival in the UK, these are only estimations at the moment.

Once a vehicle has been assigned to your order we will have a more accurate date for you.

Sorry if duplicate
Tesla chat message,
M3, RWD, White, Black & Aero
15th March order

I have had a look at your order and we are currently waiting for a vehicle to be assigned to your order, once a vehicle has been assigned we will notify you by SMS.
As we are waiting for the next shipments of Model 3 RWD to arrive, we are now currently looking at February 2023 delivery. The dates are updated based on the factories production and expected arrival in the UK, these are only estimations at the moment.
Once a vehicle has been assigned to your order we will have a more accurate date for you.
So, are they saying it will be Feb 2023, or is this just a standard reply based on new orders. As I ordered mine in march and it said EDD August. Are they now saying even those orders are being pushed back by 5 months.

So, are they saying it will be Feb 2023, or is this just a standard reply based on new orders. As I ordered mine in march and it said EDD August. Are they now saying even those orders are being pushed back by 5 months.
The EDD in your account is the organic estimated delivery date. Organic meaning that if you do nothing, say nothing and just wait, this will be when your turn comes -NOTE: this date can change without warning.. So keep an eye in it.. There are however alternative methods to obtain a car such as inventory if you're willing to compromise on specification, and possibly paying a bit extra... This forum is the best place to hang out as the inventory is regularly watched and reported on. Inventory typically is added to after failed or declined delivery, or cars that are reserved but unmatched. Tesla detests holding on to undelivered cars so they go straight in for grabs.

Having been here a while, I'm sure that you're likely to get something before the EDD of 2023 though. :) :)

I have used mine lots actually. I can comfortably say that it is one of the most satisfying experiences I have had with my M3 so far... To be able to fuel your car from a 3 pin plug!! The same plug that powers a humble lamp can also charge your car!! What a magical world we live in hahaha!

Your camping example is exactly when its perfect to have! Last weekend I went away to a cottage in the middle of nowhere and even though I didn't need the charge, I just plugged in and gained all my used energy back. I can imagine it would have been essential if I was staying there for a week and was using the car to travel around. Not sure how much they cost but anyone who has missed this window of having it included I still deffo recommend getting it anyway!

Yes when I ordered mine, I was told August then 2 weeks ago it was June, last weet it was August and now it is February 2023

Yes when I ordered mine, I was told August then 2 weeks ago it was June, last weet it was August and now it is Febru
The EDD in your account is the organic estimated delivery date. Organic meaning that if you do nothing, say nothing and just wait, this will be when your turn comes -NOTE: this date can change without warning.. So keep an eye in it.. There are however alternative methods to obtain a car such as inventory if you're willing to compromise on specification, and possibly paying a bit extra... This forum is the best place to hang out as the inventory is regularly watched and reported on. Inventory typically is added to after failed or declined delivery, or cars that are reserved but unmatched. Tesla detests holding on to undelivered cars so they go straight in for grabs.

Having been here a while, I'm sure that you're likely to get something before the EDD of 2023 though. :) :)
Hope so

Forgive me for being a n00b but is there a significant risk of tripping a campsite grid using a Granny charger? (E.g from a French static caravan using the appropriate plug not a travel adapter)

I’d be one to ask for forgiveness rather than permission given the latter gives an earlier opportunity to say ‘no’.

I’m comfortable requesting forgiveness from a campsite owner from a ‘you’re taking the piss charging your car’ perspective, less so explaining to a site full of angry French people why their freezers have all defrosted.

Last edited:
Forgive me for being a n00b but is there a significant risk of tripping a campsite grid using a Granny charger? (E.g from a French static caravan using the appropriate plug not a travel adapter)

I’d be one to ask for forgiveness rather than permission given the latter gives an earlier opportunity to say ‘no’.

I’m comfortable requesting forgiveness from a campsite owner from a ‘you’re taking the piss charging your car’ perspective, less so explaining to a site full of angry French people why their freezers have all defrosted.
It depends what Tesla adapter you use, each one is fitted with a chip I believe that tells the charger the maximum current to pull from the supply however I wouldn’t use a travel adapter to convert it buy the appropriate Tesla lead

You can set how much current you want to draw from the supply in your car’s charging menu/page. I think you can select as low as 4 or 5 amps which is a low draw in the ev world. That translates to just over 1kw which would not trip a campsite circuit unless there was already a significant load from other campers. Seeing as caravans take 16amp supplies at campsites I’d say you’re deffo within your right/limit to plug in! I would if it was me :)

Reactions: Snowy77
Fear not, my misses who ordered her BMW i4 a fortnight before me just had a call today pushing that in 2023 due to the unfortunate atrocIties in Ukraine who apparently are a major parts supplier.
Makes my 5 week wait seem like 5 minutes.
Still can’t persuade her to switch to a MYLR instead which I feel is a closer match to her current X4 x30d though🤣