Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s disappointing but looking at lead times for other popular EVs, 4-6 months seems average.

I’ll be happy if I can collect mine this year. Given the supply issues and reduced output I fear seeing a 2023 date at some point.

I’m really keen to make the EV switch. I’m sorely tempted to lease a smaller cheaper EV for a year.

All the EV’s we are looking at for our second EV after the MY arrives are 12 months plus for delivery.

Reactions: Toblerone
August could be good for people further down the list as some will delay to September if they have number plate vanity issues
Haven’t Tesla always shipped cars in the last month of each quarter… making it less likely than anyone gets cars in July or August

Tbh I’m at the point now where I think I would rather wait until September for the new plate if there’s no chance of a June delivery

All the EV’s we are looking at for our second EV after the MY arrives are 12 months plus for delivery.
I think we have to think about it that we have a place in the queue, right now with delivery delays across all vehicle production, thats a big win. It’s gonna get worse before it gets better from the point of view of China Covid and chip shortages which are still 1-2 years from improving, besides Covid disruption to other components.

Reactions: JOL1
Is this relevant!
Via Wu Wa
According to Dongfang TV: On the morning of May 15, more than 4,000 Teslas will be loaded onto the ship and will leave the port soon, which is the second complete electric vehicle exported from Tesla's Shanghai factory within a week. Video from Shanghai Oriental Satellite Television

Yikes mine says September now, having been June consistently. I'll have aword, if thats the case i'll be looking at picking up an IX3 or a Mach E, I do not have the luxury of waiting that long as I have a child with a chronic illness, one of the draws of an ICE was that it gives us easy access to the hospitals in London especially for stays as public transport is not accessible.

Yikes mine says September now, having been June consistently. I'll have aword, if thats the case i'll be looking at picking up an IX3 or a Mach E, I do not have the luxury of waiting that long as I have a child with a chronic illness, one of the draws of an ICE was that it gives us easy access to the hospitals in London especially for stays as public transport is not accessible.
Sorry to hear that, and I hope for your family that you'll get a car in time for your needs, but, judging by your signature, if you've only ordered last month, I believe delivery in June was an illusion, or you would have to be extremely lucky to find that your exact spec was overproduced vs demand and could be allocated to you when the initial shipment arrives. Was it also the estimate shown on Tesla's website when you configured and placed your order initially??
Don't know about the Mach-E but when I checked for iX3s deliveries were closer to Sept, so not sure you'll have more luck there unless they have some on inventory atm...

To get early delivery in USA you have to spec full self driving . For Tesla the most profit comes from the software so in Europe i guess enhanced autopilot Model Y and 20” wheels is the most profit for Tesla and maybe prioritised production if limited numbers available .

Sorry to hear that, and I hope for your family that you'll get a car in time for your needs, but, judging by your signature, if you've only ordered last month, I believe delivery in June was an illusion, or you would have to be extremely lucky to find that your exact spec was overproduced vs demand and could be allocated to you when the initial shipment arrives. Was it also the estimate shown on Tesla's website when you configured and placed your order initially??
Don't know about the Mach-E but when I checked for iX3s deliveries were closer to Sept, so not sure you'll have more luck there unless they have some on inventory atm...
Thanks, i would get a second hand one if need be under a year old as they are available, my original order was cancelled as Tesla never took the payment even though my bank had authorised it, so everything was delayed from the start and i had many conversations with Tesla. May just buy a car as a stop gap until teh Tesla turns up.