Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ex demo sub 50 miles MSM with 19s just come on inv and went in less than a minute

1652696510071.png

Don't think they're the same.

tesla-info make it clear it its used, a new/demo car or new. The one above looks like a new car, although why it wasn't registered is anyones guess. The ones on the other thread are customer returns with some miles on them.

These are usually showroom vehicles that do not move or go on demo drives, they are simply sit in showrooms, albeit only for a few weeks to max a few months and are only sat in by viewers from time to time hence Tesla allocates a small few hundred pounds discount. Any vehicle produced and left shanghai after Nov 25th will be equipped with the more recent parts. The

Last edited:
It only has 13 on the clock and is listed as new not even ex demo, so its either a cancellation or a return of some sort, provided its not an absolute crock of dung its fine for me for a lease, we are getting pretty desperate for a car in our current situation!
When I ordered my inventory car last week, I mentioned to the agent I had a new car on order but I had no faith in the EDD of June 19-30. She said 'We do'. When I asked how confident, she said 'Very. Over 90%'. Left me very confused. Now, if our theory that they are selling off showroom stock is correct, they would not do that unless they were certain they were going to be replaced very soon. There's something we're missing here. Tesla apparently are very confident a ship is coming soon.

When I ordered my inventory car last week, I mentioned to the agent I had a new car on order but I had no faith in the EDD of June 19-30. She said 'We do'. When I asked how confident, she said 'Very. Over 90%'. Left me very confused. Now, if our theory that they are selling off showroom stock is correct, they would not do that unless they were certain they were going to be replaced very soon. There's something we're missing here. Tesla apparently are very confident a ship is coming soon.
Sorry, no i disagree, the only thing the Tesla staff are certain of, is being certain of nothing. I just had the weirdest telephone call with them, where I feel confident they have more of an idea of next Friday's lottery numbers than when the next shipment may arrive and whats on it. Although they told me they expected to fullfill orders by August and September for the Y's, unless they come sooner. 🤣

When you buy an inventory model, what's the process? Do you just have to pay a deposit then you get X amount of time to sort the rest? Or is it a case of you need to have a credit card ready to go for the full amount?

I am getting a bit twitchy now as my company car is due to go back mid-June. I could put up with a few weeks without one but now we're looking at delivery date of September for my MYLR I need to make a decision about how I fill that 'gap' without a car.

Tempted to see if I can wait and manage to pull the trigger on an inventory model of a 3LR, then upgrade to a Y further down the line. So unsure!

When you buy an inventory model, what's the process? Do you just have to pay a deposit then you get X amount of time to sort the rest? Or is it a case of you need to have a credit card ready to go for the full amount?

I am getting a bit twitchy now as my company car is due to go back mid-June. I could put up with a few weeks without one but now we're looking at delivery date of September for my MYLR I need to make a decision about how I fill that 'gap' without a car.

Tempted to see if I can wait and manage to pull the trigger on an inventory model of a 3LR, then upgrade to a Y further down the line. So unsure!
200 pound deposit. Balance later

Reactions: Toblerone