Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would just tune out as much as possible. If your EDD says July, then realistically it'll be August although you may get a nice surprise with an earlier date. Refreshing the app/website 20 times a day won't do anything but fuel anxiety.

When I start feeling exasperated by the situation, I remember there are workers virtually locked in a factory 24/7 during one of the longest and harshest COVID lockdowns in Shanghai making the very cars we're so desperate for.

I'd love to get a text saying I can collect my car tomorrow as I'm so keen to ditch my diesel ICE and learn to live with an EV, but if I try and find peace with "some point this year" then anything else will be a bonus.
I hear you and you are right! We sold our 3L diesel a week after we test drove the MY.

Like others say it will come when it will come (... but still keeping a close eye on the ships heading to Europe) 🤭

• Funny
Reactions: MattM76
I'm not expert but that looks hopeful, especially given you've been waiting since November!
At the very least I hope to be a bit of an edge case for Tesla orders.. As mine has been ongoing for such a length of time, I don't want to presume, but, I must be right up there at the top of the list for a delivery? It's got to be a thing. It's because of this, I wonder if my estimate could capture the first boats? I'm pretty patient and quite honestly I love hanging out here with everyone, but, I can't see Tesla bumping me further and further away unless there's absolutely no choice. I also wonder how many other orders floating about since end of 2021 they haven't yet delivered... Time will tell.

At the very least I hope to be a bit of an edge case for Tesla orders.. As mine has been ongoing for such a length of time, I don't want to presume, but, I must be right up there at the top of the list for a delivery? It's got to be a thing. It's because of this, I wonder if my estimate could capture the first boats? I'm pretty patient and quite honestly I love hanging out here with everyone, but, I can't see Tesla bumping me further and further away unless there's absolutely no choice. I also wonder how many other orders floating about since end of 2021 they haven't yet delivered... Time will tell.
I have everything crossed for you. I agree that there are a small number of cars coming and they should be assigned to those who have been waiting the longest, and I'd say your order date is one of the oldest I've seen still waiting.

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
I have everything crossed for you. I agree that there are a small number of cars coming and they should be assigned to those who have been waiting the longest, and I'd say your order date is one of the oldest I've seen still waiting.
I have seen the most awesome chaps get their cars, and delightfully proud of them, ofc with a moderate amount of envy splashed in, but good envy, like the glow you get watching your kids open a gift that they have been waiting for! Bad luck that orders have just been delayed and delayed through no fault of anyone specifically. I don't blame Tesla at all, just hope that the guys and gals in China remain safe, well and looking after each other.

Yeah cheers for the supporting finger crossing, it's appreciated. Hopefully things will start moving again and we all know a bit more on what may be going on.

Virtual round of beers : 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻

I have seen the most awesome chaps get their cars, and delightfully proud of them, ofc with a moderate amount of envy splashed in, but good envy, like the glow you get watching your kids open a gift that they have been waiting for! Bad luck that orders have just been delayed and delayed through no fault of anyone specifically. I don't blame Tesla at all, just hope that the guys and gals in China remain safe, well and looking after each other.

Yeah cheers for the supporting finger crossing, it's appreciated. Hopefully things will start moving again and we all know a bit more on what may be going on.

Virtual round of beers : 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻
My biggest concern is telling my wife that I will abandon our family holiday in August without a second thought to race to Birmingham to pick up a car if I got a text. 😁

Reactions: WllXM and Snowy77
My biggest concern is telling my wife that I will abandon our family holiday in August without a second thought to race to Birmingham to pick up a car if I got a text. 😁
SAME! Beginning of August we have a journey planned to Scotland to see family and do all sorts of stop overs at various hotels and glamping.. My primary car as originally planned is sitting on the drive with a broken cam belt 🤯 - The Tesla was an ironic backup plan, but since the delays, I admit to having no finger nails left... I'll give it another month to see what EDDs are like, and I might have to bite it and hire. 😫

SAME! Beginning of August we have a journey planned to Scotland to see family and do all sorts of stop overs at various hotels and glamping.. My primary car as originally planned is sitting on the drive with a broken cam belt 🤯 - The Tesla was an ironic backup plan, but since the delays, I admit to having no finger nails left... I'll give it another month to see what EDDs are like, and I might have to bite it and hire. 😫
Slightly similar boat to me. Don’t look at hire car prices. They are ridiculous now 😡

You can kiss goodbye to those problems once the Tesla arrives.:cool:
Yeah I'm at the end of the tether with cars now. Cam belt snapped a WEEK after a service. I said to the Mrs that I'm DONE until the Tesla arrives 😂 Then China went in to Lockdown. 😭 We Buy Any Car offered £500 for it lol. It is a 96 Astra though. Funny enough it's £500 on or off the road, running makes no difference 😒🤔

She then said "So what are we going to do about August then, can't you fix it?" - To which I got the toolbag from the shed, plomped it on the floor and said "YOU fix the pistons and injector valves"!

The next words from her mouth were : "So when is the Tesla arriving again?"

WIN!

I’m the same as you, 22nd November order date. I did get an update from my lease company saying mid-late June yesterday morning. This is the first time they have given me a date as before that it was just TBC!

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Bluewater?
I changed my pickup to Southampton in the thought that it maaaaay just get it to me sooner. I don’t think it will but you know, desperate times and all that!

I say us Q2&3ers should definitely plan a Tesla meet towards the end of the year so we can all reminisce on “back in the Q2 days” when we were all stressy and checky and typey on the app/forums!