Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster, long time lurker.

Just spoke to Tesla about an order I have through Zen.Auto part of Zen’s June delivery batch. (Spec: White, Black, 19” MYLR)

Been reaffirmed by Zen via email that its still on track for mid-late June. Helpful lady at Tesla said that my RN is currently showing as unknown delivery which in her experience means its likely to be pushed into next quarter Aug/Sept delivery time frame.

But when I mentioned that Zen had said it was a bulk order then she said that it could still arrive by mid-late June and there should be an update in the first week of June that will narrow it down.

Reactions: Daedalus
Looks like another new M3 hit inventory today. It was gone pretty quick!
They shouldn't get too excited. I ordered an inventory car over a week ago and heard nothing. I called Tesla this morning and was told to not expect further communication regarding payment until early June with a collection likely mid-late June. I said, I may as well wait for the new car delivery. I was told if my new car EDD didn't update this week and I still show a date range in June, then I should expect to get my car in June.

First time poster, long time lurker.

Just spoke to Tesla about an order I have through Zen.Auto part of Zen’s June delivery batch. (Spec: White, Black, 19” MYLR)

Been reaffirmed by Zen via email that its still on track for mid-late June. Helpful lady at Tesla said that my RN is currently showing as unknown delivery which in her experience means its likely to be pushed into next quarter Aug/Sept delivery time frame.

But when I mentioned that Zen had said it was a bulk order then she said that it could still arrive by mid-late June and there should be an update in the first week of June that will narrow it down.
Zen have told me same, they made a bulk order earlier in year, I haven’t had a text from Tesla like my m3 order so it probably is bulk rather than ordering for individuals

Had an email from Tesla regarding my delayed inventory order from 3 weeks ago. ( I was supposed to collect it yesterday )
Do you think this is in relation to the overheating ryzen chips? Has an update been pushed out for that yet?

"Thank you for your email,
Let me try and explain why this has happened and why it has happened at short notice.
Before I do this, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this unexpected delay has caused.
We have done a voluntary recall of certain vehicles which we can rectify with a software update.
We must do these in batches as there is a limitation on how many we can resolve at one time.

the vehicles on the road have taken priority and will be updated first, this means that there will be a delay with some vehicles that are off the road, this is to look at ensuring the minimum amount of impact to customers.
Unfortunately, the vehicle you ordered, when you ordered was good to go until this voluntary recall happened.
We are now waiting on this to be updated so we can provide you with the perfect vehicle.
This is what has caused the unexpected delay.

If we can resolve this quickly, we will do so, and any expectations that are set are to give the most accurate guidelines, but we will also try to do our best to bring this forward, though this can not be guaranteed."

Had an email from Tesla regarding my delayed inventory order from 3 weeks ago. ( I was supposed to collect it yesterday )
Do you think this is in relation to the overheating ryzen chips? Has an update been pushed out for that yet?

Let me try and explain why this has happened and why it has happened at short notice.
Before I do this, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this unexpected delay has caused.
We have done a voluntary recall of certain vehicles which we can rectify with a software update.
We must do these in batches as there is a limitation on how many we can resolve at one time.

the vehicles on the road have taken priority and will be updated first, this means that there will be a delay with some vehicles that are off the road, this is to look at ensuring the minimum amount of impact to customers.
Unfortunately, the vehicle you ordered, when you ordered was good to go until this voluntary recall happened.
We are now waiting on this to be updated so we can provide you with the perfect vehicle.

If we can resolve this quickly, we will do so, and any expectations that are set are to give the most accurate guidelines, but we will also try to do our best to bring this forward, though this can not be guaranteed."
Must be this - Tesla recalls 130,000 vehicles to fix touchscreen issues caused by an overheating CPU

Ironically enough was watching a YouTube video last night about the update when my phone pinged that an update was waiting for me (who's listening???)

Let it run and I'm now 2022.12.3.3

So yes, guessing it's out there but may take time to trickle down?

Reactions: Chickenlips
That actually makes me feel a bit better, its my first time ordering through Zen and wasn’t fully aware of how they handled things. But good to know the messaging seems consistent.
Yeah my current car with them is a Renault zoe.
I originally ordered a M3 but thay got pushed to Dec and zen allowed me to swap to their June mode Y block order, didn’t make me pay admin fee again or anything

Looks like another new M3 hit inventory today. It was gone pretty quick!
Yeah that was me! 👀🥳

I've been waiting to pounce on a "new" inventory one for a while. When I got the update on Telegram I was straight in there :D

My existing order isn't due until November and to be honest I'm not even confident of that date being met given what is going on. It could easily be pushed back to next year at this rate IMO.

I also ordered the white interior originally, but I've been worried about/regretting that, so this one with all black interior puts my mind at ease, although my daughter will kill me as she badly wanted the white seats (but I know she is the one most likely to ruin them!).

Its only got 9 miles on it and it was discounted by £520 so it seemed worth switching to.

I've spoken to Tesla and even though they've confirmed it's in stock, the EDD is June 19-30. I think this will be the enforced software update thing delaying it?

Maybe, if it is to do with CPU, the change is more like a microcode / BIOS update and not possible / safe / reliable to do over-the-air
Release notes for 2022.12.3.3 mention this. Not sure if that is part of the issue?

"We performed an Over-the-Air (OTA) recall remedy of the drive inverter software on your vehicle. The remedy will gradually activate the drive inverter components while your vehicle is charging to further reduce the very low risk of power interruption during a drive cycle. There is no action you need to take, and Tesla will continuously monitor your vehicle's drive inverter following this update."

Hmmm. EDD just changed from “June 18 to June 30“ to now just “June”.
Not sure what the point of that was, as it was never coming sooner than June 18 from what we seem to know from Mr M.
I assume it still means June 2022. 😧
No idea what that signifies.

MYLR Red/Black with 20” inductions - otherwise standard.
Ordered 29/3/22.

Apologies if this has been asked before but: when you do a trade-in do you get the money for your old card in your bank account or does it come off the price of your new car?

Asking as I need to pay off whats left of the loan on my old car and then use what is left to cover the downpayment for the Tesla.