Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not part of the scheme, but a general overall slump may put people off altogether for a while.

Might end up seeing more offers from car manufacturers or financing or leasing companies to fit them.

Perhaps, but I doubt it. I think the downturn in charger installations has more to do with vehicle supply constraints than anything else. No new EV's on the road inevitably translates into fewer home charger installations.

Perhaps, but I doubt it. I think the downturn in charger installations has more to do with vehicle supply constraints than anything else. No new EV's on the road inevitably translates into fewer home charger installations.
I had my point installed a few weeks ago and the installer said they where jammed solid with installation bookings up until the date of grant change. Which was always going to happen.

I had an Octopus/Ohme Pro charge point installation on the very last day of the OZEV scheme ending (31st March)
The installation had been postponed a few times - due to me not being able to get to the house where it was being installed because my windscreen is (still) broken. I hired a Kia E Niro for the day it was installed and used it to test the fitted charger.
It was a slightly awkward installation in a middle of terrace property in Hayes. The installers were in two minds about fitting it that day but I managed to persuade them that any delay would bump up the price by loss of the £350 grant so it was fit now or never!

That was 7 weeks ago and I still haven't got a working car (Autoglass <spit!>)

It's a pretty little charger, though I have no interest in it's 'smarts', the App expects you to tell it what car you have and set up a charging schedule etc - I just need to have a live power feed and let the car do it's thing.

When I left it, 7 weeks ago, I turned the breaker off and hope the local tea leaves haven't taken a shine to it.

For all you folk who have installed the tesla charger, do/would you use it with Octopus Go for cheap night time charging?
Always, albeit I have the BP Pulse charger.
For info in 6 weeks of ownership have put in 531kW of juice through the 7.4kW charger and it has cost me £26.58 on my 5p tariff between 12:30-04:30.
It takes some thought to restrict the car to charge to a set capacity each night so it doesn't exceed the 4h window. I have the option of setting the charger to load between set times but I prefer the car to decide.
It takes 28% in the 4h so I only get caught short if I put it on below 10% when I go to bed as the charge lower limit is 50% but that's only happened once. I'm a bad sleeper and just switch it off when the time comes... hence the Electric Police namesake from the family;)
During the day I plug in the granny charger to cream off the excess solar before it starts feeding back into the grid. Managed almost 9kW charge (36miles) today on top of 2 dishwasher runs and 2 washing machine cycles!

• Love
Reactions: Daedalus
For all you folk who have installed the tesla charger, do/would you use it with Octopus Go for cheap night time charging?

Depending on your usage patterns and tariff, you might want to give Intelligent Octopus a go. Same rates as Go, but you get an extra two hours for the house at 7.5p/kWh (2330-0530) and Octopus handles all the charging so you never spend more than 7.5p unless you need a bump charge.

It's been brilliant for my Dad, has never missed a charge, and he's been able to completely forget about charging at home provided he remembers to plug in his M3 overnight (the old chap is 84, so he's doing pretty well in my opinion). The vehicle charges to his percentage requirements set in the Octopus app by the time he sets every morning. I would do the same when the Y arrives, but I have a grandfathered Go tariff at a way low standing charge which I'd lose by switching to Intelligent.

Depending on your usage patterns and tariff, you might want to give Intelligent Octopus a go. Same rates as Go, but you get an extra two hours for the house at 7.5p/kWh (2330-0530) and Octopus handles all the charging so you never spend more than 7.5p unless you need a bump charge.

It's been brilliant for my Dad, has never missed a charge, and he's been able to completely forget about charging at home provided he remembers to plug in his M3 overnight (the old chap is 84, so he's doing pretty well in my opinion). The vehicle charges to his percentage requirements set in the Octopus app by the time he sets every morning. I would do the same when the Y arrives, but I have a grandfathered Go tariff at a way low standing charge which I'd lose by switching to Intelligent.
So good to hear about your Dad! This is the perfect kind of car I want to grow old with. Thank you for the recommendation re intelligent octopus, I did not know about that as a possible tariff. 👍🏼

Reactions: Utumno and JOL1
Tesla has glass I had mine replaced on Monday. No problems from LV, I just had to pay the full amount then LV paid out less excess.
I had an Octopus/Ohme Pro charge point installation on the very last day of the OZEV scheme ending (31st March)
The installation had been postponed a few times - due to me not being able to get to the house where it was being installed because my windscreen is (still) broken. I hired a Kia E Niro for the day it was installed and used it to test the fitted charger.
It was a slightly awkward installation in a middle of terrace property in Hayes. The installers were in two minds about fitting it that day but I managed to persuade them that any delay would bump up the price by loss of the £350 grant so it was fit now or never!

That was 7 weeks ago and I still haven't got a working car (Autoglass <spit!>)

It's a pretty little charger, though I have no interest in it's 'smarts', the App expects you to tell it what car you have and set up a charging schedule etc - I just need to have a live power feed and let the car do it's thing.

When I left it, 7 weeks ago, I turned the breaker off and hope the local tea leaves haven't taken a shine to it.

I’m going to move to this tariff for my Y and considering a powerwall to charge overnight and run the house on it in the day.
My plan too, had solar installed (as much as I could get onto the roof) and awaiting the Powerwall now ... first in the queue according to my installation guy ... but the queue for Powerwalls is as bad as the queue for the cars ... do you remember the good old days, when supply actually outstripped demand ... that is one ship that has definitely sailed ...

Reactions: Darreno
My plan too, had solar installed (as much as I could get onto the roof) and awaiting the Powerwall now ... first in the queue according to my installation guy ... but the queue for Powerwalls is as bad as the queue for the cars ... do you remember the good old days, when supply actually outstripped demand ... that is one ship that has definitely sailed ...
Unlike the ship carrying all our cars 😭

• Funny
Reactions: MattM76