Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s a question. I ordered at the start of April and was given a May/June date. It then moved to 18th-30th of June and now November. In you guys experience do you think they will ship more before November? I seemed to be on the cusp of the June dates but with the delay it’s been pushed back. 5/6 months is a big difference from from my original EDD. I’m hoping we get them sooner but I’m not holding my breath!

Exactly. I would be surprised. To avoid mass cancellations of orders it would be in their interest to keep people hanging on to dates for as long as possible before they need to be moved. If you were in April and they were suddenly saying it’s now September then you might be tempted to buy something else.
Don't you think 'mass cancelations of orders' and '... April... suddenly... September...' is being a bit dramatic? That's not what they said. They said it's likely everyone has slipped back a month (I think we know that). If you originally had an EDD in May, it's now likely to be June and so on, but not in all cases. If you retain a specific date range in June this week, you can expect to get it in late June.

Will you cancel yours if you found out it's coming a month later?

My M3LR has jumped around to be early (compared to august on the order bit at the top), then later by 5-6 months with their issues im not sure Ill see it for at least that.
My perception from these forums is the MYLR seems to have a build priority over the M3s just at the moment. The M3 folk seem to move more and particularly the M3P. :(

Don't you think 'mass cancelations of orders' and '... April... suddenly... September...' is being a bit dramatic? That's not what they said. They said it's likely everyone has slipped back a month (I think we know that). If you originally had an EDD in May, it's now likely to be June and so on, but not in all cases. If you retain a specific date range in June this week, you can expect to get it in late June.

A month later, no exactly my point. Even if it wasn’t coming a month later throwing someone who had a May date originally, a June date and then now a July date is going to keep them holding on. If they suddenly got thrown a much later date then they may be more likely to walk.

Here’s a question. I ordered at the start of April and was given a May/June date. It then moved to 18th-30th of June and now November. In you guys experience do you think they will ship more before November? I seemed to be on the cusp of the June dates but with the delay it’s been pushed back. 5/6 months is a big difference from from my original EDD. I’m hoping we get them sooner but I’m not holding my breath!
I think it’s just gone back to your original estimate date. If you had an earlier one you’ll get an idea of where you are on the queue. Hopefully when they schedule the next ship you’ll jump forward again (at least that’s what I’m hoping, but they could just have realised they can’t get parts and these are legit etc)

Did you not read my post 2 above yours??

A month later, no exactly my point. Even if it wasn’t coming a month later throwing someone who had a May date originally, a June date and then now a July date is going to keep them holding on. If they suddenly got thrown a much later date then they may be more likely to walk.
I am seeing a similar pattern, on average it looks like:
  • M3s are moving/resetting to a May or November time frame.
  • MYs (ordered in and before April) are moving to an end of June or July time frame.
Like everyone says, until VINs are dished out then we are all just speculating, which helps pass the time :)

Also if I change to the M3P from the LR do you think I’d get sooner?