Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few questions I hope you guys can help with now it looks like delivery might actually happen.

Ordered end of Feb and selected to pay cash. Paid the initial deposit only. How long before delivery does the balance need to be paid?

The reason I ask is that since ordering a salary sacrifice scheme has been announced at work which goes live next week. I’d like to transfer the order over to the lease company instead of paying cash. I understand that that should be possible but don’t know if the time scales are just too tight.

Due to the saving I can make using the salary scheme it would be silly to pay cash for this car and keep it. Would probably end up ordering a car on the scheme and sell the MY as soon as it arrives.

It’s crazy that I went from willing the car to hurry up and get here when it was ordered to now hoping it takes just a little longer so that the salary scheme can be used to my advantage.

A few questions I hope you guys can help with now it looks like delivery might actually happen.

Ordered end of Feb and selected to pay cash. Paid the initial deposit only. How long before delivery does the balance need to be paid?

The reason I ask is that since ordering a salary sacrifice scheme has been announced at work which goes live next week. I’d like to transfer the order over to the lease company instead of paying cash. I understand that that should be possible but don’t know if the time scales are just too tight.

Due to the saving I can make using the salary scheme it would be silly to pay cash for this car and keep it. Would probably end up ordering a car on the scheme and sell the MY as soon as it arrives.

It’s crazy that I went from willing the car to hurry up and get here when it was ordered to now hoping it takes just a little longer so that the salary scheme can be used to my advantage.
Lease companies can normally adopt the order within a few days, I'd say you have plenty of time. You're only really changing the owner, not even the payment method. I'd do this asap though, but I'd expect everything would be OK given you're at least a fortnight from collection.

I’m guessing MY will be 33xxxx region and M3 57xxxx region? (The sequence numbers are unique to each model)

It might also be interesting to say if you get the no radar message and whether M3 or MY and digits to see if we can work out a cutover.

I’m guessing MY will be 33xxxx region and M3 57xxxx region? (The sequence numbers are unique to each model)

It might also be interesting to say if you get the no radar message and whether M3 or MY and digits to see if we can work out a cutover.
Seems so. I did not get a message about radar which suggests mine was before the cutoff. When was the exact date of the switch?

Lease companies can normally adopt the order within a few days, I'd say you have plenty of time. You're only really changing the owner, not even the payment method. I'd do this asap though, but I'd expect everything would be OK given you're at least a fortnight from collection.
Thanks, is payment 2 weeks before then? When would you expect to see a confirmed delivery date rather than a range?

Ring tesla, I accidentally clicked 'pay cash', but couldn't change it, they changed it for me no problem to pcp

I have a LRW VIN number in the source code too! Have also notice a small change to my EDD… now 17-30 June. As @Raj2022 said, the app asked for Bluetooth access for the first time…🤞
Lucky you! Especially with a white interior as apparently there weren't many in the poll that were on track for a June EDD...
Sadly no joy for me, still July, and the only snippet in the source code is :
"PendingVin": "A VIN will be assigned to your order as soon as a vehicle that matches your configuration is available. After you get your VIN, you will be able to make your final payment." 😓