Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Payment sorted for the car and and all documents signed , having had to pay another 17.5k final payment whilst fighting them to get the other 17.5k payment back they claim they refunded.

They haven't and cannot provide proof of the payment.

Does anyone know a complaints email, as sales etc has stopped refunding to the emails after claiming they sent the refund?

Next move is citizens advice followed by legal action I would rather avoid. Have all the proof of payment plus their email Comms confirming .

Looking forward to getting the car but this has tainted it for me a bit
Did you finance through Tesla Finance ? If so Formal Complaints might help. The Ombudsman details are on there as well. Secondly, if you didn’t already know about LegalBeagles Consumer Forum you should wander over there and have a browse about - you almost certainly will be able to find community resource and recommendations there.

Finally, sorry to hear you had this experience 😞

I’ve been lurking here since ordering a lease MY Blue/Black/20 at the end of April.

I’ve just had an odd chat with Tesla. My RN number doesn’t exist apparently. It did a few weeks ago. I’ve just signed the docs with Lex yesterday. Should I take any meaning from this or will it just be a glitch?

I’ve been lurking here since ordering a lease MY Blue/Black/20 at the end of April.

I’ve just had an odd chat with Tesla. My RN number doesn’t exist apparently. It did a few weeks ago. I’ve just signed the docs with Lex yesterday. Should I take any meaning from this or will it just be a glitch?
You should probably have a chat with Lex and raise it with them. No RN number, no vehicle.

Did you finance through Tesla Finance ? If so Formal Complaints might help. The Ombudsman details are on there as well. Secondly, if you didn’t already know about LegalBeagles Consumer Forum you should wander over there and have a browse about - you almost certainly will be able to find community resource and recommendations there.

Finally, sorry to hear you had this experience 😞
Thanks and really appreciate your responses, frustrating really. I am using Tesla finance so hopefully can get this sorted, trying to seperate the two issues to prevent muddying the waters i.e. car delivery and return of other amount

The thing that annoys me the most is the fact they claim they've done the refund and then cannot provide any evidence. My bank on the other hand has been very professional and supportive and tracked an no pending payments, asked Tesla to produce a "faster payment trace"

Fingers crossed I sort it soon and I can enjoy delivery and the car experience 👍

Last edited:
Thanks and really appreciate your responses, frustrating really. I am using Tesla finance so hopefully can get this sorted, trying to seperate the two issues to prevent muddying the waters i.e. car delivery and return of other amount

The think that annoys me the most is the fact they claim they've done the refund and then cannot provide any evidence. My back on the other hand has been very professional and supportive.

Fingers crossed I sort it soon and I can enjoy delivery and the car experience 👍
If it’s all with Tesla Finance, and you can’t get any joy out of their complaints process (which has statutory timelines on it!) then the Ombudsman is your next port of call before having to go to law yourself. I wish you well with the complaint!

Reactions: Sw1000
If Tesla scheduling staff are to be believed, we do have RHD cars coming in on Morning Peace

I was due to pick up from NEC but have switched to Trafford now after a call from the Tesla scheduling team.

His reason was the ship is due in on "the same day" and 2.30pm is the earliest and no trailers are going to the NEC from this shipment!
Hey. I had a call today too!! I’m picking up at Southampton though. So if they can get your car up there for 2.30pm, don’t see why I was told 2pm was the earliest possible for me!! 🤣🤣 one of those “Tesla mysteries“

Hey. I had a call today too!! I’m picking up at Southampton though. So if they can get your car up there for 2.30pm, don’t see why I was told 2pm was the earliest possible for me!! 🤣🤣 one of those “Tesla mysteries“

Maybe in the morning they’re unloading all the cars for the remote collections so they process local collections in the afternoon?

Although Tesla told me my ship arrives on 22nd June for the next day collection but I’m pretty sure my VIN is from RCC - Europe so I don’t actually know how accurate the information they provide is.

Payment sorted for the car and and all documents signed , having had to pay another 17.5k final payment whilst fighting them to get the other 17.5k payment back they claim they refunded.

Does anyone know a complaints email, as sales etc has stopped refunding to the emails after claiming they sent the refund?

Next move is citizens advice followed by legal action I would rather avoid. Have all the proof of payment plus their email Comms confirming .

That’s disgusting!

I think the staff got it wrong.

The ship is scheduled to arrive on the 29th, but looking at the other shipments, this could slip by 3-6 hours so might be in the middle of the night.

I suspect all of the last leg moving on trailers will happen through the night.

Staff (the poor staff) will be given the morning to prep what I presume will be somewhere between 500 and 2k cars (it is a partial shipment).

So when they say the car is arriving the same day, I think it will be in the holding area by the morning when the staff start.

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble..I am sure you will get it sorted but can surely appreciate the tension and the "bad taste". Do your best not to let this impact your excitement about your new car as that would be a shame. When you get your car you will love it and I am sure Tesla will sort out the refund. Good luck with it all

I took delivery M3 RWD in Mach 2022 and at that time it had gone up EUR3K (I was happy). I am now 95% sure I will place another order...not because I want a new car now ...but to take advantage of the long lead time to delivery and also opting to delay first offer, by which time I am speculating price will have increased (giving higher value on my existing as a Trade in whilst locking in existing pricing on the new order (if i place today - Irish prices have not increased yet) before any imminent increase. Worst case scenario is I don't proceed to close the deal on the new car and I lose the 250 deposit. But the 250 is a cheap option.

I am sure many will think me crazy ordering a new one a few months after i got my car...but there is some form of logic in the above 😀

You can tell I love the car!

I think the staff got it wrong.

The ship is scheduled to arrive on the 29th, but looking at the other shipments, this could slip by 3-6 hours so might be in the middle of the night.

I suspect all of the last leg moving on trailers will happen through the night.

Staff (the poor staff) will be given the morning to prep what I presume will be somewhere between 500 and 2k cars (it is a partial shipment).

So when they say the car is arriving the same day, I think it will be in the holding area by the morning when the staff start.
That is a lot of number plates to put on - got to bring a spirit level as part of the checks then 🤣… how do I make a request for NO WIPE DOWN please… imagine being the 100th with a dirty rag running over the paintwork…. Does anyone know why this doesn’t happen to, say, BMW? Is it because it is delivered in the 2s to 6s to individual dealerships? A matter of Volume.