Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are you allowed to 'sell your slot' or would you need to take delivery and sell the car? If you can sell your place in the queue it would seem sensible to try and keep hold of it with the recent price hike combined with getting the car sooner than if someone ordered today.
Not sure wehther Tesla can update registered owner to someone else's address. They may not allow this ( I think its fair not to allow this).

Made up for you Snowy

Can you name all the ships you at some point thought Snowy might be on? 😬
The amount of times I marginally missed an EDD :D Even when I got a VIN AND EDD, no one really knew it was even RCC EUROPE, absolutely no footage or media on when she was at Shanghai. I'm pretty chilled though, it was great seeing others watching boats come in, and then the flurry of amazing photos when vehicles were collected. The photos and pics coming through just urged on the anticipation and excitement for this, if anything it fed some much needed energy and renewed the patience! Reminds me a little of Fantastic Mr Fox if I recall them all starving, and just the thought of the chickens gave them a new lease of life and energy push they needed :D

EDIT : Sorry forgot to add... No I completely forgot ship names there's been many! BUT RCC EUROPE will stick I know it 😄

Last edited:
I didn't have a moment's problem with LV - they just took the plate details and asked me the vehicle details and added to my (now multi-car) policy.
Awesome that was the key - I insured with Churchill, but once through to an actual person, it was absolutely fine. Going through their online services was a complete dead end, waste of time. Cant beat an actual person :D

Reactions: Millenium101
Gogogo

1655462433394.png

In my never ending quest to ask "first world problem" questions....

Currently have an EDD starting September. That'd make it a 72 plate. I've not bought a brand new car since owning a personal plate. Would people put personal plate on immediately, or run it on the 72 plate for a while?!

Bloody hell ! (£3000 in less than 3 months !)
Ordered on may 1st was £3k less and interest was less too. So in 7 weeks the monthly rate with a maximum deposit of £17k has gone up £76/m with nearly 2k to pay more at end. Phew, most of us got in at right time and delivery dates though not great are much better than new orders today and all the other ev makers who are struggling with fulfilment.

Also means that any new inventory cars will come at this revised price!!
This might be a very silly question but with 3k at stakes, its worth a shot..
Does anyone know if Tesla allows you to pick inventory car and let you swap it with your original order (and honor the original price)?
I tried as I spotted a match a month or so back at a different collection point, they wanted the new price! So I said no…… I have heard of others getting at the original price but suppose it depends how desperate they are to get number this Q. I would say they will be desp…

Reactions: nscar

Currently have an EDD starting September. That'd make it a 72 plate. I've not bought a brand new car since owning a personal plate. Would people put personal plate on immediately, or run it on the 72 plate for a while?!
Do whatever fulfills your needs- if precipitating jealously from neighbours the wear the 72 and then in 6 months get it wrapped and swap to new plate to prolong their agony longer, ha ha! Alternatively rise above that nonsense and put your new plate on when you get it.

Haha, I’ve done this a couple of times. Kept it on the original plate for a month then made the swap back to the private plate.

Folk with a new plate do lord it around some. Been on my private plate since I picked it up in March and everyone I see in a 22 plate kind of looks at you like you’re in an “old” model whilst they swan around in their pride and joy.

It’s all harmless fun 🤩

Reactions: Rensteruk