Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is horrendous. I wouldn't expect more than a few hundred pounds. Cannot 100% remember what my old salary sacrifice insurance excess was but I think it £250 - and I think that was fixed across the scheme rather than specific for a Tesla. Maybe some are wising up that Teslas on average are costing more to repair.
Yes I’m told it’s because it’s a Tesla but £2500 is another level. Being a comp car, I know I’d need to properly sort any major scratches etc so this excess just makes it’s a non-starter.

I sincerly hope they don't do the same to you as they did to me.

From my initial quote when I ordered back in March to two weeks ago when my car was arriving it was a whole £10k less than the original quote which is outrageous to say the least, hence I will sell it privately
That's what I'm worried about too! My initial trade-in was very decent and now I'm thinking they won't get anywhere near it... oh well, we'll see whenever they check it.

My guess is that by 30/06 there will be 30 Model Y listings on autotrader selling for over RRP.
And of course, there has been a 3K increase since the speculators ordered. I might have tried it myself but SWMBO said " Playing the "What's today's EDD" game with one car is more than enough; that ship, apparently unlike some which are the subject of ongoing speculation, has definitely sailed......end of!"

Now then... I'll just check the accessories in the spare room.....the 29th is coming up fast now.

I just had my updated trade-in come through and it was woeful, well below the original one in April. I would be prepared to make other plans.
As I quoted earlier,
First original quote from March / April (you can see the date bottom right)
Trade in £38,700.JPG

Updated valuation at a later date £34,730
balance £34,730.jpg

And my final quote which floored me. £28,730
final quote £28,730.jpg

Yes I’m told it’s because it’s a Tesla but £2500 is another level. Being a comp car, I know I’d need to properly sort any major scratches etc so this excess just makes it’s a non-starter.
My company’s standard excess is £250, but set at £1000 for any Tesla. They also limit named drivers to employee and spouse, not the immediate family as with non-Tesla.

Reactions: JamiePP
As I quoted earlier,
View attachment 819139
View attachment 819140
View attachment 819143
Ouch!!!!! 10 grand is a lot to swallow...
I shall let you know how much less I get for my MX, original estimate is 63k and the new car is also 63k but I'm not gonna even hold any hopes.

The other order I have is for 60k which isn't due in the country until Sep-Oct and I don't see the trade-in estimate going any higher if I wait until then...

Reactions: busterboy
As I quoted earlier,
View attachment 819139
View attachment 819140
View attachment 819143
Bloody hell - It looks like they are trying to claw back that £3k price increase and more through every means necessary... You would have thought that they are desperate for the money!!

I worked out earlier the 3k price increase on the overall bottom line of Tesla across all cars delivered... made me feel very sorry for Elon 😂🎻

Bloody hell - It looks like they are trying to claw back that £3k price increase and more through every means necessary... You would have thought that they are desperate for the money!!

I worked out earlier the 3k price increase on the overall bottom line of Tesla across all cars delivered... made me feel very sorry for Elon 😂🎻
Now I'm afraid of what they will try to be doing to us poor folks with delayed deliveries to Q3...
Tyres not included maybe...

Btw, additional question for the lucky recipients of a brand new car today. Do they come with Hankook or Michelin? I reckon I've seen both so I don't know which is the current one nowadays...
I’m not 100% sure, but I think you’ll find it’s Hankook on the Gemini wheels, and Michelins on the Inductions.

As I say, I’m not sure so may need an update form some of these lucky new owners!!