Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if reg plates nos are still associated with the area encompassing the dealers address.
If anyone knows, could let us know the area For AJ22 and LB22 please; these are from the cars on the truck and myMy.
Thanks

There you go! I get mine on Saturday from Birmingham NEC and starts BT22

Attachments

• A6FD118C-0C68-47EC-BBF1-9B34AD0CDE8D.jpeg
    A6FD118C-0C68-47EC-BBF1-9B34AD0CDE8D.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 71
  • C85F647A-2419-4CE2-85D0-AC61685FC29D.jpeg
    C85F647A-2419-4CE2-85D0-AC61685FC29D.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: Wattsisname
I am going off piste a bit here... but as a number of members are now concerned more with their car itself that the EDD
I will risk the Moderators' ire and post here.

Good morning.

Delivery 29th June - so far so good!

I have arranged for myMY to be transported from the Tesla Staines, Deliver Hub, after my inspection, to Reep Automotive.

I could not afford their full monty package.(5k+) but I have gone for a partial PPF (front end) and multi coats of ceramics and the appropriate coatings everywhere else; wheels off, glass and interior. It would be just like Sod's law to incur damage whilst driving it to Reep, so I am coughing up for the trailer.

I found my self, this morning wondering how they will deal with the PPF application at the six sensors on the front of the car (particular care should be taken with the Tesla's 6th sensor:rolleyes:).

Reep do not apply the ubiquitous Xpel but are agents for a new manufacturer.

Youtube vids suggest that of the two options for dealing with PPF at the sensors, each has its issues:

Options a) template cut holes for the sensors.
Option b) cutting out a circle around the sensors post PPF application.

Option a) brings difficulties with lining up the holes in an area of the car where PPF stretching is required.

Option b) calls for skill with knife/scalpel blades and a conscientious approach to changing the blade after every two holes are cut.

A small dilemma :

Should I raise the issue of the sensors with Reep Automotive or should I rely on the confidence in their professionalism which prompted me give them the business in the first place? Here again, I hear Sod chuckling.

I have learned so much about Tesla cars; their construction, vulnerabilities and preventative treatments. All of which, for a bloke who worries for England, I could do without. However, I can't "unknow" knowing these things - at least, not until the ..what do you call it..... loss of memory associated with ageing ......I'm sure there is a name for it.......

Any opinions based on experience or the common sense which abounds here would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: JOL1
I am going off piste a bit here... but as a number of members are now concerned more with their car itself that the EDD
I will risk the Moderator' ire and post here.

Good morning.

I have arranged for myMY to be transported from the Tesla Staines, Deliver Hub, after my inspection, to Reep Automotive.

I could not afford their full monty package.(5k+) but I have gone for a partial PPF (front end) and multi coats of ceramics and the appropriate coatings everywhere else; wheels off, glass and interior. It would be just like Sod's law to incur damage whilst driving it to Reep, so I am coughing up for the trailer.

I found my self, this morning wondering how they will deal with the PPF application at the six sensors on the front of the car (particular care should be taken with the Tesla's 6th sensor:rolleyes:).

Youtube vids suggest that of the two options for dealing with PPF at the sensors, each has its issues:

Option a) brings difficulties with lining up the holes in an area of the car where PPF stretching is required.

Option b) calls for skill with knife/scalpel blades and a conscientious approach to changing the blade after every two holes are cut.

A small dilemma :

Should I raise the issue of the sensors with Reep Automotive or should I rely on the confidence in their professionalism which prompted me give them the business in the first place? Here again, I hear Sod chuckling.

I have learned so much about Tesla cars; their construction, vulnerabilities and preventative treatments. All of which, for a bloke who worries for England, I could do without. However, I can't "unknow" knowing these things - at least, not until the ..what do you call it..... loss of memory associated with ageing ......I'm sure there is a name for it.......

Any opinions based on experience or the common sense which abounds here would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Would you upload some pictures (before and after), please? Especially any shots in the sun (not under the fancy detailers lamps).

Fair play for (paying for the trailer and) resisting the drive over.

Should I raise the issue of the sensors with Reep Automotive or should I rely on the confidence in their professionalism which prompted me give them the business in the first place?
I'd simply ask them mild open questions on how they plan on handling PPF and the specifics of Tesla's sensors. This then has you relying on their professionalism, while gathering more information and hopefully setting your mind at rest.

(also I suspect this question is probably best in a dedicated post, rather than in the "Delivery" thread...)

Reactions: JOL1
I will risk the Moderators' ire and post here.

Good morning.

A small dilemma :

Thank you
We use a company in Basingstoke called TKdetailing, absouletely brilliant. These did my previous Alpine A110 and are very knowledgable generally when they apply these things.

I have my booked in on the 7th/8th July after I collect 30th for a full front end PPF and paint job correction/new car finish where they seal inside and outside. £1600 all in .

I have just cancelled this ex-demo order I had due to the low trade-in offer I got so if any of you are looking for something right away it'll pop up on the website very soon I assume.
1655976157042.png

• Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • 4k miles
  • £63,890

I have just cancelled this ex-demo order I had due to the low trade-in offer I got so if any of you are looking for something right away it'll pop up on the website very soon I assume.
View attachment 819942
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • 4k miles
  • £63,890
Sorry that you had this experience..your patience will hopefully be rewarded