Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone help me out as I’m concerned that my delivery in a few weeks of a M3 LR won’t have the new chip and larger battery.

When I log into the app it says model 3 2021 with my RN number next to it. I rang Tesla on Sunday as I only noticed it that day and they said said the car would have the newer battery and chip but i just wanted some reassurance. 🤦
Don't think you'll get much more reassurance than that I'm afraid. Others on here have, like you, been told by people at Tesla that their car would have the newer battery and Ryzen processor. Some have taken that as cast iron confirmation and are happy. Personally, I haven't even asked about the chip (though I was told I'd have the newer battery, but taking that with a pinch of salt) because I'm not sure I would trust the accuracy of what Tesla sales reps are saying either way. So my approach is going to be to go into collection day expecting the Intel processor and the old battery. Then if that's what I get, I won't be disappointed. If I do get the Ryzen processor and newer battery, that'll be a collection day bonus!

Reactions: devonian
Don't think you'll get much more reassurance than that I'm afraid. Others on here have, like you, been told by people at Tesla that their car would have the newer battery and Ryzen processor. Some have taken that as cast iron confirmation and are happy. Personally, I haven't even asked about the chip (though I was told I'd have the newer battery, but taking that with a pinch of salt) because I'm not sure I would trust the accuracy of what Tesla sales reps are saying either way. So my approach is going to be to go into collection day expecting the Intel processor and the old battery. Then if that's what I get, I won't be disappointed. If I do get the Ryzen processor and newer battery, that'll be a collection day bonus!
My view is exactly the same, when I ordered mine the spec was with the 'old' battery and intel processor so if that's what's delivered I'm getting what I ordered, if its improved then of course thats a bonus - If i want to be 100% sure of getting the later spec then i would have to postpone my collection but as I'm not that bothered anyway I'm going for the date I have and entering my ticket into the Tesla lottery

Reactions: AutomaticMan
Grande California almost here! Not long now 🙂
F2858CA4-CB63-4995-8ED3-785711ACCEB1.jpeg

Reactions: Petetheroadie
Height of suspension - cannot comment, as mine is LR, not Performance. AFAIK only performance has lowered suspension?
I thought all the Model 3's "now" all came with the same height suspension (if you check the Tesla website) the performance lowered suspension feature is gone and the image doesn't change. So the suspension for all models is the same, but is it previous SR+/LR height or performance height...

I thought all the Model 3's "now" all came with the same height suspension (if you check the Tesla website) the performance lowered suspension feature is gone and the image doesn't change. So the suspension for all models is the same, but is it previous SR+/LR height or performance height...
That's what we are attempting to find out - Yes, M3P for new orders the suspension isn't showing as lowered. But for the M3P due to shortly arrive in the UK, they were all ordered when the website stated it had lowered suspension, and Tesla agents are telling people they will be lowered.

Saying all that, there is debate over whether the M3P even had lowered suspension in the first place - seems not according to RSymons video.

Saying all that, there is debate over whether the M3P even had lowered suspension in the first place - seems not according to RSymons video.
Do we know if the springs and/or dampers have different part numbers to the RWD/LR? The springs could be firmer and shorter in the P but still achieve a similar ride height. Lowered suspension could simply be a misnomer.

I think you are correct here. But I do not think I will not be too excited to notice any other cars, not talking about measuring the heights :D

Not sure if its helpful at all but just seen an RWD show up on inventory this morning which is in transit - looking at the source code - its on Grande California so hoping there's more on that vessel for those waiting for RWD updates.
Very interesting and useful, thanks. I saw it there briefly 5 minutes ago. Not showing now. Has someone bought it already I wonder? :)

interesting, that on the inventory cars I can see that these are on Grande California, but in my order - no such information.
I can see VIN and other stuff in the source code, but there's no info on Vessel :)
It's probably on a stealth craft arriving a couple of days earlier than the Grand California! 😁

I ordered mine through Ogilvie salary sacrifice October 5th and still have no delivery date :(
Have you got an email from Tesla with an RN number? If so, when did you receive it? Also if you ordered White RWD with 18" Aero wheels then there is a delay on that combination. Assuming your order went in at the beginning to mid-October, I wouldn't expect you'll be waiting too much longer. Is it showing an estimated delivery month in your account?

Do we know if the springs and/or dampers have different part numbers to the RWD/LR? The springs could be firmer and shorter in the P but still achieve a similar ride height. Lowered suspension could simply be a misnomer.
Yes they do have different springs. The P suspension is firmer. However Tesla for years has said it is also lowered (as they still do on the MYP).

Yes they do have different springs. The P suspension is firmer.
Good to know.
However Tesla for years has said it is also lowered (as they still do on the MYP).
And yet RSEV's Made in China side by side comparison found that every pre-2021 LR and P they measured had 715mm wheel arch (ride) height. The 2021 M3P actually had 5mm higher ride height at 720mm.

A stiffer spring must be shorter to achieve the same ride height, so my guess is that Tesla has been confusing spring length with lowered suspension and have now corrected this.

First time poster here.

I placed my order for a M3P on 17/01/2022 for delivery in March. I'm doing it through a personal contract lease directly with Tesla, which has been approved. I'm trading in my existing car, for which Tesla have given me a provisional offer. Their offer is very good, but the trade-in valuation is still in progress and has been since my order was placed. All other steps on my account so far are ticked off (e.g. delivery location, payment method and registration).

I know it's very early days in the lifecycle of my order, but based on others experiences, when roughly can I expect to see things start to happen?

Thanks in advance!
I ordered mine the day before you, my official valuation arrived in my account today (2nd Feb). It is the same as my provisional offer and is valid until 3rd April.

On that basis you should get yours in the next day or two - I think they have a central team doing them.

Reactions: Petetheroadie
I ordered mine the day before you, my official valuation arrived in my account today (2nd Feb). It is the same as my provisional offer and is valid until 3rd April.

On that basis you should get yours in the next day or two - I think they have a central team doing them.
I ordered mine on Jan 20th and got my final valuation yesterday, so fingers crossed I hear something about a delivery date soon. Gut feeling is that my car could be on SFL Composer, but let's see 🤷‍♂️