Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A week ago my EDD got pushed back all the way to jan 15 - april 15. M3RWD ordered all the way back on march 2nd in the Netherlands. No hidden VIN. Trying not to panick but I've seen so many people now that ordered way later but are due to september delivery. Are they really producing so little RWD's?

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2
A week ago my EDD got pushed back all the way to jan 15 - april 15. M3RWD ordered all the way back on march 2nd in the Netherlands. No hidden VIN. Trying not to panick but I've seen so many people now that ordered way later but are due to september delivery. Are they really producing so little RWD's?
I thought from the title that this is a UK thread, it's busy enough as it is.

Rumour has it that challenge and sunrise are for eu with German vins issued today! My edd hasn’t changed (still lying about September 2nd to 30th) but I honestly believe it’s broken as it’s been stuck for over 14weeks now. I’m off on a business trip for next 2 weeks so that will take my mind off this until Q4 rolls round and hopefully then it will happen which is just 3 months later than 1st estimate provided and better than Audi,Porsche, bmw, Volvo etc.
Historically Tesla only seem to assign vins in hours when the Texas offices are open on weekdays. So I’m hoping that the rumour is untrue. 🤞

Someone said Monday at 1630 uk time would be when the vins are assigned (though I’m not sure what the estimate is based on).

24hrs of hope left for those April May orders.

Historically Tesla only seem to assign vins in hours when the Texas offices are open on weekdays. So I’m hoping that the rumour is untrue. 🤞

Someone said Monday at 1630 uk time would be when the vins are assigned (though I’m not sure what the estimate is based on).

24hrs of hope left for those April May orders.
These are the points I made earlier. 2 weeks ago Glovis companion vins dropped around 4:30pm on Tuesday when 3 days post Shanghai. However, the respected Mr M thought challenge and sunrise vins started today. He’s been doing this for a while and I also hope he’s wrong but ………. I’m off on a business trip and will be out of contact until Wednesday which is good for my blood pressure. It’s gonna take the equivalent of a full uk boat between these 2 ships to get me a car this quarter as the head of the queue is start of 2nd week April and mine is 1st May😫

These are the points I made earlier. 2 weeks ago Glovis companion vins dropped around 4:30pm on Tuesday when 3 days post Shanghai. However, the respected Mr M thought challenge and sunrise vins started today. He’s been doing this for a while and I also hope he’s wrong but ………. I’m off on a business trip and will be out of contact until Wednesday which is good for my blood pressure. It’s gonna take the equivalent of a full uk boat between these 2 ships to get me a car this quarter as the head of the queue is start of 2nd week April and mine is 1st May😫
Sorry I’m quoting your own information to yourself! 😂 I’ve just read some of the shipping thread you’re talking about!

I hope you come home to some good news!

Reactions: StarbucksBob
I suppose a question for those lucky enough to have already collected - when did you sort out insurance? Although I have a plate I can't get insurance set up as it isn't yet registered (and whilst Admiral will let me fill out the form until the payment step, it can't be submitted without a plate). Did you set it up after collection or in the morning prior to setting off? 🤔
I went with admiral to but did everything on the phone so could pay for it and insurance will kick in on the 3rd when the car gets delivered.

Reactions: rb98
Price for Tesla FSD about to soar in the US..seems incredible price to pay for the functionality which will do little to encourage early adapters (but what do I know!)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 21.36.20.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 21.36.20.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: _Dave_
Wow! I cant imagine why anyone would pay $15K dollars for software that's anything less than level 3, even that's pushing it

If we had the level FSD that the US has, I’d happily pay £12k to add it to my car. I’m more than happy paying for the privilege of improving the technology so future generations have a smoother experience.

Also they have the monthly subscription option which I’d definitely start with first before doing the full plunge

Reactions: _Dave_
Here’s a question; do they offer a monthly subscription to EAP or FSD over here? (I may have that wrong and only one of those is available on subscription in the US).

I’m in no way handing over the full cost for either, but could happily take on a month, if I was going on a driving holiday somewhere in the UK (which we have discussed and daydreamed about for some months now while we wait). Thanks

Edit; hah, you practically answered my question while I typed it out :)
To add; yes we get a much reduced version compared to the US.

If we had the level FSD that the US has, I’d happily pay £12k to add it to my car. I’m more than happy paying for the privilege of improving the technology so future generations have a smoother experience.

Also they have the monthly subscription option which I’d definitely start with first before doing the full plunge
Yeah it's definitely way better over in the US, you've still got to have your hands on the wheel though so I just don't see the point right now. I'm a bit of a geek myself, I love a bit of beta software, just not at that sort of price for the level of automation you get.

I'm in the UK with a similar date to yours and I have been told Q1 2023. Don't panic just build patience to deal wiith it sadly

I can't get insurance set up as it isn't yet registered
Make an insurance quote on a comparison website about 3 weeks prior to pick up (cheapest time) using manual search for the cars details (model 3 rwd 5 door etc). Then when you have your reg no you can retrieve the quote (so it remains cheaper) and enter the number.

Alternatively get cuvva for last min insurance