Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with a hidden VIN/assigned vehicle, but has not yet received any messages from Tesla?
Ordered via salary sacrifice so unable to see hidden VIN, but after speaking with them on phone they said a VIN has been assigned and need to wait for a message... however have seen a lot of other people have had updates already.
I have hidden VIN but no text, but I expect to receive a text over next few days. Think they will roll out through the week.

Does anyone know have experience of how long the collection window is? I have heard Tesla are pretty inflexible on this. Guessing you must have at least 7 days available right?
Tesla usually send SMS with delivery appointment times available, that cluster around a 2 to 3 day period. I suspect this is a batch process so the sooner you respond (click a link) the more options you have, otherwise you select from slots available. These texts usually issue around 2 weeks before actual delivery slots

I hope this answers your question

As far as I am aware the vehicles on the ship don’t have registrations, just VINS
Tesla can assign reg numbers at any time, but typically 1 to 2 weeks before delivery and certainly sometimes before they reach shore.

They don't register them with the DVLA until the day before or one the day of delivery/collection in case of last minute cancellations/changes etc. but as they are given blocks of reg numbers for each region of the country they soft assign them.

Reactions: Coops33
Having spoken to someone yesterday who couldn’t tell me anything due to GDPR on live chat (due to it being a Lex order) I thought I’d try my luck today.
Spoke with someone extremely helpful who said that I’m not on the ‘current’ vessel but looking at my account he thought extremely likely I’ll be a December delivery.

Ordered 11th October 2022
MYLR. Black ext/White Int/20’ Induction Wheels.

Reactions: Falcon22
Having spoken to someone yesterday who couldn’t tell me anything due to GDPR on live chat (due to it being a Lex order) I thought I’d try my luck today.
Spoke with someone extremely helpful who said that I’m not on the ‘current’ vessel but looking at my account he thought extremely likely I’ll be a December delivery.

What is your current EDD?

Not bad (if it happens) to be fair, 2 month turnaround - I don't know any other manufacturer you can do that in normal times never mind during the 💩show of supply chains at the mo 👍

Reading that is frustrating and also relieving.

Some MY orders have been waiting >6 months! 😅

But also good for those that are waiting for their orders since June/May (inc. me) that we all might get ours in December

Spoke to Octopus again today and they confirmed that Tesla has been allocating VINs to their orders, see below email:

At the moment Tesla are going through a process of VIN matching their cars for November deliveries - until this has happened we won't 100% know which cars are going out in November unfortunately!

There is also a shipment for December where the same VIN matching process will happen in due course.

Sorry that I can't give you something a bit more concrete for now, but hopefully we should hear more of an update from Tesla over the coming weeks.

I'll be sure to let you know as soon as we hear anything about your order. 🙂

Best wishes,

I then spoke to Tesla again direct and the lovely chap confirmed my order was due for Nov-Dec, but no firm dates. I'm more hopeful of a Q4 delivery now.

Hi All
Hoping someone can clarify this for me regarding Lease order and VIN's
As my order is via Arval lease firm i do not see a tesla in my tesla online account.

Does that mean i will not (ever) see a hidden VIN in my account? I assume so.

It looks like my order is on its way and due into Southampton on the 16th Nov but it would be nice to get some reassurance via a VIN if possible.

Thanks
Arval order too here, our batch order is expected 16th Nov to 1st Dec. You should be able to get an RN number from Arval or Tesla themselves as they should have your e-mail on file. Just call tesla and confirm they got your phone number on file too for the texts.

At least the increased supply and reduced lead times will stop people ‘flipping’ the new ones for a profit.

People selling registered cars for more than RRP is destructive to the market and I hope that they are flagged and not supplied with any further orders. Now with delivery times coming right down I hope they are sitting on a few that any margin has disappeared on.

Rant over!

Reactions: BladNort
Arval order too here, our batch order is expected 16th Nov to 1st Dec. You should be able to get an RN number from Arval or Tesla themselves as they should have your e-mail on file. Just call tesla and confirm they got your phone number on file too for the texts.
Thank you

I have the RN as Tesla text it to me after order was received. So that part is fine.

I am more interested what is likely to happen in my Tesla account, I don't have a car or order showing in there. do you? And i guess if there is no car there, we won't get a hidden VIN either...

I am hoping to get a text this week as Tesla said to expect one

Thank you

I have the RN as Tesla text it to me after order was received. So that part is fine.

I am more interested what is likely to happen in my Tesla account, I don't have a car or order showing in there. do you? And i guess if there is no car there, we won't get a hidden VIN either...

I am hoping to get a text this week as Tesla said to expect one
Mine is a lease too, from Octopus, and there's similarly nothing in my Tesla account. I spoke to someone on the chat there earlier with my RN though and he said it's all fine. EDD is Jan to March.

Reactions: Dannyk123