Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ventilated seats are tempting prospect, but the friend of mine with super bad flatulence lives a long way away and seldom see him these days! Just have to open the window instead of having seat ventilation!
I find the Tesla seat material causes my back to sweat much more than previous vehicles with leather or cloth seats so ventilated seats for me is possibly the most wanted change out of all the things coming in 2022 so far. The CPU upgrade will make next to no different now in the way the vehicle/navigation works (outside of games maybe), but there could come a time where some features are only available on the newer CPU so it does make sense to hold out for that if you can afford to wait.

The laminated front glass made little to no difference in interior sound tests people have conducted, so I cannot see the rears doing anything either. No one is really sure why Tesla has added it - was it for sound insulation, heat insulation, security or safety? From a noise point of view there are other areas to tackle that would make more of a difference than side glass. Certainly worth having if it comes with it but I don't think this one is worth delaying a delivery for.

Different strokes clearly. Laminated glass? I'd rather they spend that additional weight on insulating the arches and other areas that are usual road noise culprits. Plenty of quiet ICE cars on the road that don't have double glazing.

Ryzen I can see the benefit although I rarely ever use the theater mode when I do its tiresome how slow it is.

Range - gimme gimme gimme. Thats either an easier choice to go with the SR over LR for an extra 20 miles, or offsets battery deg for a year or two. Seems a no brainer to want that one.

Heated steering wheel never something I paid for in previous cars, likewise vented seats.

But little cosmetic things like the dechrome I genuinely would have paid to be done aftermarket

SR white/black/aero - vanilla car - showing May now. MSM shows March.

Do we really think they'll have limited stock of the standard car or they're just hedging until they know more about orders? Don't mind going for MSM as its a colour I was considering, and I would find it hard to wait until May (I would sell my car in January), so not sure whether to roll the dice on getting a white one in March or not

If I probably prefer a white, but am ok getting MSM - should I order MSM (March estimate) and switch to white if there is spare inventory, or order white (May estimate) and switch to MSM if I don't see anything by March? Not sure if one approach is safer. Main thing is I don't want to be left waiting until May for a replacement

SR white/black/aero - vanilla car - showing May now. MSM shows March.

Do we really think they'll have limited stock of the standard car or they're just hedging until they know more about orders?
It's been that way for a few weeks now. There is no 'stock', everything for this quarter is now being built but as Tesla has more orders than they are able to manufacture, they have prioritised the more expensive options. Add anything to the cheapest model (paint, wheels, interior) and it will move the estimated delivery back to this quarter.

I'm sure there will be some base white models delivered in this quarter, but less than they have on the order book so you would be taking a risk of someone cancelling, and you spotting it on the website in the few minutes that it will remain on there before it has been resold.

Or could I just refuse the car on the day? So, I go down to pick it up, check in the infotainment system what processor it is running on, and then if it's the old one say "I don't want this car, unmatch me please and I'll take one from the next batch"... are you allowed to do that? I guess I wouldn't be their favourite customer even if you are! 😆
Oh blimey, sounds like Tesla buying in the UK is a bit of a lottery then! I think what I'll do is keep an eye on forums to see whether UK people are reporting getting AMD processors this year and, if they are, keep my fingers crossed that my car has one and just live with the disappointment if it turns out that it doesn't. And then if instead UK people are reporting still getting Intel processors, I'll probably defer by pretending I need another month to get the money together and hope that pushes me into the next quarter (and hope by the next quarter the AMD processors arrive here!).

So, yes, anyone in the UK who gets a delivery in this quarter, please report back to the thread which processor you got! :)
My MY is due to arrive next month. Tesla UK say it is coming from China with the AMD Ryzen chip but not the 4680 batteries.

It's been that way for a few weeks now. There is no 'stock', everything for this quarter is now being built but as Tesla has more orders than they are able to manufacture, they have prioritised the more expensive options. Add anything to the cheapest model (paint, wheels, interior) and it will move the estimated delivery back to this quarter.

I'm sure there will be some base white models delivered in this quarter, but less than they have on the order book so you would be taking a risk of someone cancelling, and you spotting it on the website in the few minutes that it will remain on there before it has been resold.

Thanks. So safest route to get something in March would be to order an MSM/black and then just ask the sales people to keep an eye out and swap me into a white if possible?

There are loads of threads I can find about Netflix taking forever to load, and being laggy when using it on the current hardware. I'm planning to use the car for travelling in, so will have a certain amount of down time in the car in between driving to places and getting a good experience with Netflix and YouTube and things like that is important to me.

That said, as I say above, delaying will cost me money and I could buy an iPad to keep in the glovebox for Netflix for less money than delaying will cost. Still weighing up pros and cons of it all.
I have an OG 2019 M3 and netflix takes a little while to load but the content is generally not laggy once it is going, and it is insane quality and performance given it is streaming on 4G. I would imagine that the 4G signal would limit performance gains on the AMD for this. Not noticed any lag on v11 UI.

Tesla only offering £37700 for my 2020 model 3 SR+. I didn’t get an email frmo them yet, but it appeared when I check the payment info on my account (just put a deposit down for a MSM SR for March)

for comparison, Motorway offered £41103 and WBAC £41170

Doesn’t surprise me, Tesla were by far the lowest offer when I originally bought my car and traded in my BMW

I have an OG 2019 M3 and netflix takes a little while to load but the content is generally not laggy once it is going, and it is insane quality and performance given it is streaming on 4G. I would imagine that the 4G signal would limit performance gains on the AMD for this. Not noticed any lag on v11 UI.
Well that's good to hear... how is scrolling around the Netflix interface though? Laggy or is it reasonably smooth to pick what you want to watch?

I ordered a Model 3 early December. Just the standard model. I kept my plate on retention and will need to let Tesla know to put that plate on it. I hope it comes as promised in March - standard wheels and black. Replaced a much loved E-Golf that dropped £500 in value in two years. Limited range even with a heat pump was my bugbear. Looking forward to double the range and a bit more go. Finding the Tesla buying experience different!

I ordered a Model 3 early December. Just the standard model. I kept my plate on retention and will need to let Tesla know to put that plate on it. I hope it comes as promised in March - standard wheels and black. Replaced a much loved E-Golf that dropped £500 in value in two years. Limited range even with a heat pump was my bugbear. Looking forward to double the range and a bit more go. Finding the Tesla buying experience different!
I had an e-Golf before my ID.3 that I've just sold to get the Tesla. I always got loads of admiring comments about that car... people do love a Golf don't they!

I had an e-Golf before my ID.3 that I've just sold to get the Tesla. I always got loads of admiring comments about that car... people do love a Golf don't they!
That was my 11th Golf - really good car and great spec. Great car for around town and not for longer runs. Tesla is my first non VW car since 1983 so I hope that I have made the right decision.

Reactions: AutomaticMan
Well that's good to hear... how is scrolling around the Netflix interface though? Laggy or is it reasonably smooth to pick what you want to watch?
Think about it - atom is quite capable cpu used in netbooks.
OTOH you will use netflix while charging. Once playing it's alright. I suspect that laggy behavior is because of lack of Ram not underpowered cpu

Reactions: AutomaticMan
Thanks. So safest route to get something in March would be to order an MSM/black and then just ask the sales people to keep an eye out and swap me into a white if possible?
The safest route for you getting a vehicle in March would be to order MSM/black (or white/white or white with 19" wheels) but I'm not sure the sales people will keep an eye out for you - if you were to see one put up on inventory you can ring them and transfer your order but I wouldn't assume they will go out of their way to help (even if they say they will).

Reactions: Mrklaw
If you get a quote from WBAC, if you're running short on the 4 days its valid, are there risks getting a new quote will be significantly lower? Still waiting on my settlement figure from Tesla and the WBAC runs out at midnight tonight so may not make it.

After close to a 5 month wait post Tesla order I'll be picking up my car on Friday..... The issue is it won't be a Tesla.

Anyone wanna buy 5 month old RN number 😜 not cancelling it as they won't return my deposit, so they can do what they want with it.