Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered the Standard range model 3 December 4th 2021, since then been having a couple of back and forth emails with the sales rep who assisted me in the test drive back in November, over the delivery date whether it was still on course for end of Feb. Emailed him the other day to ask if I would be getting the 2022 spec and gave an example of the laminated rear windows after reading about it on here. He just responded confirming that I’ll be matched with a 2022 model that has the laminated rear windows. Going to respond and ask if that also means the new AMD processor and a 15v battery…

The new LR battery (79 kWh, not 82 kWh), has started to be seen in the UK. Many of the LRs delivered late December came with them, but Tesla hasn't updated the website with the new range this battery provides so there is probably still a period of time where old and new batteries will be seen.

They've sort of half updated it, if you start the order process and select the LR on 18" wheels, it says the estimated range for the configuration is 375 miles.

Then again I think it was a few months before they said which models had heated steering wheels despite them actually being in customer's hands.

They've sort of half updated it, if you start the order process and select the LR on 18" wheels, it says the estimated range for the configuration is 375 miles.
nope that isn't related to the battery, they are now just giving unofficial figures for vehicles with 18" wheels. Can't understand why they wouldn't do the official WLTP rating with them rather than 19" to get the best rating though.

In Europe the LR gets an official range of 380 miles compared to our 360 miles. With this new 18" estimate the LR in Europe is 396 miles compared to our 375 miles.

Car is with motorway now, let’s see what they come back with. They mark it as a reserve price but I assume they’ll come back with whatever the best price is (higher or lower) and you then decide what to do?

In a way I’d like to sell it sooner so I have time to clear the loan and start a new one - I would guess having an existing loan active would affect your application for the second one?

nope that isn't related to the battery, they are now just giving unofficial figures for vehicles with 18" wheels. Can't understand why they wouldn't do the official WLTP rating with them rather than 19" to get the best rating though.

In Europe the LR gets an official range of 380 miles compared to our 360 miles. With this new 18" estimate the LR in Europe is 396 miles compared to our 375 miles.

Interesting, that's changed since I ordered mine in 2020. Back then it said 360 miles for the 18" wheels and dropped to something like 342 when you selected the 19".

Car is with motorway now, let’s see what they come back with. They mark it as a reserve price but I assume they’ll come back with whatever the best price is (higher or lower) and you then decide what to do?

In a way I’d like to sell it sooner so I have time to clear the loan and start a new one - I would guess having an existing loan active would affect your application for the second one?
Yes - that's the way it works. Sold my BMW with motorway, and got the final offer at about 4pm same day it went on sale. When I spoke to them, they said the best days to sell to achieve the highest price were Mondays & Tuesdays. I guess because dealers can get the car in before the weekend I think.

Clearing a loan before applying for a new one makes no difference in my experience.

Interesting, that's changed since I ordered mine in 2020. Back then it said 360 miles for the 18" wheels and dropped to something like 342 when you selected the 19".
With the change at the start of 2021 the LR range was increased but it was always stated as 360 miles, which was the range for 19" wheels. It's only been in the last 6 to 8 weeks where a difference between the wheel size has been shown so you see 375 miles for the 18".

I don't know of ANY long range model 3 owner that charged to 100% and it showed 375 miles range though. In fact the most I have seen was about 320 if I recall, and the long range test drive car I had, was charged to about ~80% and indicated about 270 miles.

With the 375 estimate, 80% works out to be about 300 miles on the nose, be interesting if people reach this. Hitting the 'daily use' cap of 90% should on paper see 335 miles on range, but again not sure if that's the regularly seen.

I cba doing the maths, but if it's about 320 estimated when fully charged it sounds about right. I think the gap has dramatically tightened with the new batteries on the RWD cars, not sure what they're coming out at once charged to 100%. I need to do more research when I'm not so busy with work.

Hi Tesla folks, I have never posted on a forum before but have been reading with interest all the posts. Now I ordered my car on 5th Jan M3 LR, which was delivery for March but the app now says 2nd o 16th for delivery, so thought it may be of interest to you all with cars on order. I am guessing some of you might find this bad news. Good news for me though.

Reactions: Mrklaw
sold 2020 SR+ on motorway for £40100. Not bad. less than they estimated but more than I paid for it a year ago so can’t really complain. Helps that prices have gone up and I got the EV grant last year too.

once paid off the finance, leaves me with £11k deposit so end up with about the same monthlies despite the list price being £44k (MSM)

Reactions: LuckyLukeUK
Hi Tesla folks, I have never posted on a forum before but have been reading with interest all the posts. Now I ordered my car on 5th Jan M3 LR, which was delivery for March but the app now says 2nd o 16th for delivery, so thought it may be of interest to you all with cars on order. I am guessing some of you might find this bad news. Good news for me though.
Yes, checked my account/app, says Feb 2 - Feb 16 estimated delivery!!!

Wasn't there before (1 hr ago)

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Well that's good to hear... how is scrolling around the Netflix interface though? Laggy or is it reasonably smooth to pick what you want to watch?
yeah that is smooth enough.The cinematic sound and picture quality is awesome ! It would be good for someone to do a head to head with the two units. The worst thing on the car is the internet browser is so slow, but that must just be deliberately screwed for bandwidth.

Reactions: AutomaticMan