Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a lot of liberal throwing around of the word ‘confirmed’ here ;)

None of you have confirmed Ryzen processors. You’ve been told you have it by customer service people but that’s not much confirmation. I’ve been told so much bollocks by customer service people over the years that I’d take anything they say with a large pinch of salt.

I’m not going to believe anyone has a confirmed Ryzen processor until I see a photo of the infotainment system screen saying it.

There’s a lot of liberal throwing around of the word ‘confirmed’ here ;)

None of you have confirmed Ryzen processors. You’ve been told you have it by customer service people but that’s not much confirmation. I’ve been told so much bollocks by customer service people over the years that I’d take anything they say with a large pinch of salt.

I’m not going to believe anyone has a confirmed Ryzen processor until I see a photo of the infotainment system screen saying it.

You're buying Shrodinger's Tesla :)

Agree with you completley but its frustrating. Tesla don't publish the spec when you're buying the car, they don't confirm the spec until you turn up - by which time you're kind of committed unless there is a significant difference. Ryzen/double glazing wouldn't count as its not a published spec - something like wrong colour or wheels vs order obviously would be.

Double edged sword with the incremental updates - It would be good if they could have cleaner cutovers and perhaps communicate those out, but likely not practical as different stocks will reduce at different rates on different production lines - there may be a blend point where its

• Funny
Reactions: AutomaticMan
You're buying Shrodinger's Tesla :)

Agree with you completley but its frustrating. Tesla don't publish the spec when you're buying the car, they don't confirm the spec until you turn up - by which time you're kind of committed unless there is a significant difference. Ryzen/double glazing wouldn't count as its not a published spec - something like wrong colour or wheels vs order obviously would be.

Double edged sword with the incremental updates - It would be good if they could have cleaner cutovers and perhaps communicate those out, but likely not practical as different stocks will reduce at different rates on different production lines - there may be a blend point where its
Haha... nice 😆

Exactly, I'd love to know for certain in advance of collection, but I just don't think there's any chance I will. Customer service people just want to get you off the line as quickly as possible with a smile on your face, they'll 'confirm' all sorts of things they really have no idea about if they have to. They know there's no harm in doing so because, as you say, what are you going to do about it if it's wrong anyway? Trying to reject on the day for not having a new processor you'd read rumours about on tech blogs and online forums will not be a fight that you'll win easily.

The way I'm looking at it is I assume I'm getting the Intel processor, so then if that's what I get on collection day I won't be disappointed. If I do get Ryzen then that's an unexpected collection day bonus. Whereas if I went into it expecting the Ryzen processor, I'd be setting myself up for a disappointing collection day if it turns out I don't have it.

do we know anything about the actual relative performance difference between ryzen and intel? eg could the ryzen open the door to some actual features that may not come to intel - wondering maybe if they try and do the camera stitching to give a sort of 360 parking camera might that be doable on ryzen but not intel (or would it use the FSD computery bits)?

If its just the infotainment then I'm not too bothered. Netflix and the web brower etc is pretty clunky on intel but I think I've used netflix once in 9 months? That was waiting for the wife to come back from the hairdressers. Never used it at a charger as the charger is quicker than me anyway

do we know anything about the actual relative performance difference between ryzen and intel? eg could the ryzen open the door to some actual features that may not come to intel - wondering maybe if they try and do the camera stitching to give a sort of 360 parking camera might that be doable on ryzen but not intel (or would it use the FSD computery bits)?

If its just the infotainment then I'm not too bothered. Netflix and the web brower etc is pretty clunky on intel but I think I've used netflix once in 9 months? That was waiting for the wife to come back from the hairdressers. Never used it at a charger as the charger is quicker than me anyway
Not sure about driving features. All I've heard speculated is the improved entertainment side of the infotainment. Some speculation that you'll be able to get console level games via a store type interface I think. The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 have been mentioned.

just off the phone call with rep.
He also said that "there are rumors about windows, and wipers" which he cannot confirm, but the Ryzen is confirmed.
also Reg will be provided via text message in "one or two weeks" which will be at least 1 week before pick up (for insurance).

Reactions: Snowy77
Not sure about driving features. All I've heard speculated is the improved entertainment side of the infotainment. Some speculation that you'll be able to get console level games via a store type interface I think. The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 have been mentioned.
don't hold your breath on Witcher and Cyberpunk :D you need proper gaming GPU for those.
Although they mention GTX780, but having in mind that these chips were not in production for like 5 years now, I have to say that there is very little chance.

Maybe via Nvidia shadow or something, but deffo not directly ;)

If you have a Mac you have to turn on Developer mode in Safari to get to source code... How to View Page Source in Safari on Mac
For some reason I can't see a search function when viewing source code in Safari, at least not one which works. Using Chrome, I get a few lines returned from searching LRW but nothing which looks like a VIN. Does that mean it hasn't been allocated yet?

but the Ryzen is confirmed.

Again, 'confirmed' by one rep who may or may not be (I'm guessing the latter) in a position to confirm anything with any degree of authority ;) I'm just worried you're setting yourself up for disappointment my friend! I think assuming Intel and being pleasantly surprised if it's AMD is the best way to avoid collection day disappointment.

don't hold your breath on Witcher and Cyberpunk :D you need proper gaming GPU for those.
Although they mention GTX780, but having in mind that these chips were not in production for like 5 years now, I have to say that there is very little chance.

Maybe via Nvidia shadow or something, but deffo not directly ;)
Yeah, I'm not actually personally bothered anyway. I don't have a games console or gaming PC, so if my car was somehow capable of console-level gaming I'd be in the weird position of my only gaming capable machine being my car 😆 So not something I'm interested in or know anything about, just what I've read around the internet.

Quicker loading of streaming services would be the main benefit to me probably. It sounds like at the moment if you want to watch something on Netflix, then change your mind and decide to watch something on YouTube instead, that process of loading an app, quitting an app, and loading another app could take close to a minute maybe? Seeing as I'm used to that taking no more than a couple of seconds on my smartphone, I bet waiting that long to open apps in the car will feel like a long long time...

For some reason I can't see a search function when viewing source code in Safari, at least not one which works. Using Chrome, I get a few lines returned from searching LRW but nothing which looks like a VIN. Does that mean it hasn't been allocated yet?
cmd+F when the page source is open in Safari brings up a search bar. Type in LRW there. (ignore my 1 found - it's the VIN from my model 3 that I'm trading in)

1642415261164.png

cmd+F when the page source is open in Safari brings up a search bar. Type in LRW there.
Thanks! That worked, VIN in source now LRW3F7EK2NC******
Order page is still saying Estimated Delivery 2nd-16th February, but I really want delivery after 1st March. I'll call the Delivery team at some point but better to wait till they text me an actual delivery date?? Apparently they will hold delivery for up to 7 days, so 22nd Feb onwards would be fine...

If anyone expecting March delivery of a bog white M3 LR 18" wants a Feb date, maybe we can swap!

I wonder which boat it's on...

Search for "5YJ" which is the VIN prefix for Tesla Motors. Beware though.. there is a comment with an example VIN for a model X which can cause confusion. In my order html there is some java code "var vin = '5YJ**************';" I'm guessing the *'s will get replaced with the real VIN at some point.

Sorry.. back to the shipping forecast!

Search for "5YJ" which is the VIN prefix for Tesla Motors. Beware though.. there is a comment with an example VIN for a model X which can cause confusion. In my order html there is some java code "var vin = '5YJ**************';" I'm guessing the *'s will get replaced with the real VIN at some point.

Sorry.. back to the shipping forecast!
5YJ************** is Tesla USA VINs.
All M3s for UK market are now made in China and VINs are LRW*************