Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These inventory cars with 352 miles have the Intel processor so there is a 12 mile mileage reduction for the Ryzen processor.
I have my doubts about this info from Tesla UK. The WLTP ranges were all updated to account for battery changes, e.g. BT43 instead of BT42 in the M3P. The inventory 2022 M3P with 352 miles range has the BT42.

It might be that there is a further reduction in range from the Ryzen, as others have been asked to accept versus the published spec.

[Edited] I just grabbed this off the German forum, from V21 certification.
Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 11.58.23.png

M3P range reduces from 567Km (352m) to 559Km (347m) with Ryzen.

Last edited:
I have my doubts about this info from Tesla UK. The WLTP ranges were all updated to account for battery changes, e.g. BT43 instead of BT42 in the M3P. The inventory 2022 M3P with 352 miles range has the BT42.

It might be that there is a further reduction in range from the Ryzen, as others have been asked to accept versus the published spec.

Putting 2 and 2 together, it could also be why the 2022 LR range has not been increased for the LG 79kWh battery - because it's shipping with the Ryzen.
Copied from their email to me this morning;

'Regarding the performance car, this one has the old processor so it will have more range than the ones on the website for custom orders'

So I suppose irrespective of range they've stated it has the old chip.

Reactions: milesr3
Ordered my RWD on 25th Nov for approx Feb delivery and so far have heard nothing?

I know this is quite often the case from reading posts on here but as we are getting closer to Feb I thought I might have had some news by now especially as they are showing March delivery if you ordered one today.

I'm sitting on the fence as to whether or not to call Tesla about this, because I really want the new Ryzen processor and if my order is further delayed then it might increase my chances of success on that front - that said, I really need the car before April hits.

Anyway, I ordered a Model 3 RWD at the beginning of November but had the order put on hold because I wanted a March delivery for the new plates. As planned, in an attempt to get me a delivery date at the beginning of March, Tesla took the account off hold on the 10th of January. However, today my account still has the status "We are currently drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment". I don't see anywhere on the account an estimated delivery date, shouldn't I at least have an indicator of that by now?

Remember that isn't 12 miles IN REAL LIFE, that is 12 miles WLTP.

In actuality, you probably wont notice the difference. If you do, it'll equate to perhaps a few miles at the most. Probably the difference of 20 seconds or so at a super charger....

Might be 8 miles real world if it’s 12 WLTP. Maybe nothing much for LR but on a RWD every little helps. 8 miles might be a 5% reduction whihc isn’t to be sneezed at

I'm sitting on the fence as to whether or not to call Tesla about this, because I really want the new Ryzen processor and if my order is further delayed then it might increase my chances of success on that front - that said, I really need the car before April hits.

Anyway, I ordered a Model 3 RWD at the beginning of November but had the order put on hold because I wanted a March delivery for the new plates. As planned, in an attempt to get me a delivery date at the beginning of March, Tesla took the account off hold on the 10th of January. However, today my account still has the status "We are currently drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment". I don't see anywhere on the account an estimated delivery date, shouldn't I at least have an indicator of that by now?

From reading on here that doesn’t happen until you get matched to a car, whihc may not be until they’re on a boat. For RWD that may mean hardly anyone gets a notification if current boats are MY or LR/P models

Ordered my RWD on 25th Nov for approx Feb delivery and so far have heard nothing?

I know this is quite often the case from reading posts on here but as we are getting closer to Feb I thought I might have had some news by now especially as they are showing March delivery if you ordered one today.
Ordered my RWD 14th Nov (Blue, aero wheels, black interior) and it said February delivery. I had a web chat with Emma a couple of days ago, and she said it would be March (literally a one word reply, not the most helpful!). Personally I'm not overly concerned as I've already got a 2021 M3 SR+, and will get the 22 plate, but will be twitchy about the trade in prices staying as they are for another month...

Whats your thoughts on the old Panasonic vs new LG battery?
Take the time to read all this (using Google translate) Model 3 P/LR 2019-2021 Leistungsvergleich

In summary, there were issues with the Panasonic but software updates have resolved/masked these, so that owners now report good performance down to 15% SoC but need >75% to achieve rated performance. The 2021 M3P with the Panasonic does have better peak performance than the 2019 with the (smaller) LG. On paper the LG has better numbers, e.g. higher voltage at lower SoC and less voltage drop (sag) under load which both equal more power.

Personally, if I'm going to pay for a 2022 M3P then I want the LG M50 battery and cat.3 rear motor out of the MYP. According to CANbus data this combination has ~8% more peak power than the 2021 M3P and the LG chemistry should provide more consistent performance. Whether this is offered is a different question. The performance is battery limited, so choice of battery is really important. I clicked 'Continue to Payment' in December when I saw the WLTP range drop to 340 miles.

Last edited:
Ordered my RWD 14th Nov (Blue, aero wheels, black interior) and it said February delivery. I had a web chat with Emma a couple of days ago, and she said it would be March (literally a one word reply, not the most helpful!). Personally I'm not overly concerned as I've already got a 2021 M3 SR+, and will get the 22 plate, but will be twitchy about the trade in prices staying as they are for another month...
That's good to know, I can wait and suspected that may be the case it's just a bit frustrating not knowing and I currently have a 5 series which is due it's first big service in March so I was hoping to change before then plus the trade in value may change as you say!

Take the time to read all this (using Google translate) Model 3 P/LR 2019-2021 Leistungsvergleich

Personally, if I'm going to pay for a 2022 M3P then I want the LG M50 battery and cat.3 rear motor out of the MYP. According to CANbus data this combination has ~8% more peak power than the 2021 M3P and the LG chemistry should provide more consistent performance. Whether this is offered is a different question. The performance is battery limited, so choice of battery is really important. I clicked 'Continue to Payment' in December when I saw the WLTP range drop to 340 miles.

Thanks. I'll have a read.
Perhaps the range drop you saw was because of the Ryzen chip rather than a change of battery?

I think had the inventory car had the Ryzen processor I'd have almost certainly bought it. The only thing I'm certain about now is I'm not sure.

early march - ok (6 weeks without a car). Late march (10 weeks?) gets painful. Fingers crossed

When does finance get taken out - I’ll get a month off in Feb after settling the finance which will be nice, but might be two months if they don’t take until the month after delivery?

Perhaps the range drop you saw was because of the Ryzen chip rather than a change of battery?
Nope. Range drop on the M3P from Ryzen is 5 miles. See above UK 2022 Orders to Delivery General Discussion
I think had the inventory car had the Ryzen processor I'd have almost certainly bought it. The only thing I'm certain about now is I'm not sure.
I'm also not sure I will get what I wish for in the next batch in mid-Feb but I'm prepared to wait a little longer if Tesla allow. So much for every car being confirmed with the Ryzen eh!

Anyone with a M3 LR with Bristol collection got any update yet? I bet I’m not the only impatient one looking at their phone after every noise it makes praying for it to be from Tesla to book collection 😂 @AutomaticMan did you get a reply to your email to change to Southampton collection?
LOL yep I feel you.

In fact, it's probably my 11 year old daughter that is losing sleep for excitement to get the car! She chose the colour (white), and she's already named the car 'Snowy' hence my forum name from when SHE ordered back in Nov for me.. bless her, she hit the button for me and enjoyed the hedgehog! You see, I get little say in these things.

Needless to say we're both looking forward to it! Exciting times 😇

Reactions: MDowson954
LOL yep I feel you.

In fact, it's probably my 11 year old daughter that is losing sleep for excitement to get the car! She chose the colour (white), and she's already named the car 'Snowy' hence my forum name from when SHE ordered back in Nov for me.. bless her, she hit the button for me and enjoyed the hedgehog! You see, I get little say in these things.

Needless to say we're both looking forward to it! Exciting times 😇
Love the hedgehog. I also love the fact that when getting a Tesla, family members get excited as much as the owners. I’m not the only on in my family constantly wanting updates on the car. :)

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Nope. Range drop on the M3P from Ryzen is 5 miles. See above UK 2022 Orders to Delivery General Discussion

I'm also not sure I will get what I wish for in the next batch in mid-Feb but I'm prepared to wait a little longer if Tesla allow. So much for every car being confirmed with the Ryzen eh!

I can only think then that 5 miles is for Ryzen and another 7 for the LG battery. I've not seen a M3P advertised with 347.

And yes, so much for confirmed with Ryzen. I hope those who were told their cars do have Ryzen aren't going to be disappointed. I've no idea how much of a difference Ryzen will make and if it'd even be noticeable as I didn't notice the demo M3P I had being laggy or slow. Similarly I don't that I'd notice any difference between the two batteries. The drop in range is relatively small and doesn't particularly bother me but that might come back to haunt me one day. It is just the thought of it being 'old' before it's delivered. Had I not been on here I'd likely to have been impatiently waiting for a M3P in a couple of weeks or so..........

Bloody cars.

From reading on here that doesn’t happen until you get matched to a car, whihc may not be until they’re on a boat. For RWD that may mean hardly anyone gets a notification if current boats are MY or LR/P models
So assuming 6 weeks to get from China to the UK for delivery, I should definitely get a minimum of March even if I get matched to a VIN today. Hopefully, our VINs will get assigned soon and they have the Ryzen upgrade. The thing is though, given there is no range change for the RWD, either Tesla have figured out how to maintain the current range on RWD models with Ryzen, or none of the RWD variants have with the Ryzen MCU at this point. Really hoping the latter isn't true.