Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear that lowered suspension is still featured. There is info on the German site ‘confirming’ that the M3 will not get the rear double glazing. The 79.1kW LG M50 battery is the only possible battery option to give 340 miles.

Fingers crossed that the next ones to be assigned have more of the 2022 sub-systems🤞
The guy I spoke to at Tesla today mentioned twice to me that the March cars will have rear double glazing so who knows? :rolleyes:. He talked about the acoustic benefits so certainly didn't sound like it was something he wasn't sure about.

I'm still swithering over the benefit of the extra range though......

Reactions: milesr3
I ordered a M3P back in November which I’ve put on hold twice with the plan I would pick it up in March with a 22’ plate. I am also hoping to end up with Ryzen etc.

What worries me is that there is an older M3P that matches my spec currently sat in inventory. Considering my ‘hold’ ends on February 15th, what do you think the chances are I could end up with an inventory/older car?

Is it possible to be put on hold if you end up with a VIN you aren’t happy with?

I ordered a M3P back in November which I’ve put on hold twice with the plan I would pick it up in March with a 22’ plate. I am also hoping to end up with Ryzen etc.

What worries me is that there is an older M3P that matches my spec currently sat in inventory. Considering my ‘hold’ ends on February 15th, what do you think the chances are I could end up with an inventory/older car?

Is it possible to be put on hold if you end up with a VIN you aren’t happy with?
Inventory cars don't tend to stick around for long, I don't think you need to 'worry'. I think you can reject the car before delivery as it were and you get put back into the pool to wait for a new VIN.

I finally got through and the lady I spoke to said that my registration hasn't been assigned yet. She said it would probably be assigned by the end of the week, and they send a text when it is assigned.

From what I've read on here, those texts don't seem to be reliable, so I asked her if I could call back next week to get it if the text hasn't arrived by then. She said yes, so I guess that's what I'll do. So I'm standing down on insurance buying for today!
Yeah I wasn’t lucky either. I did how eve get my invoice sent to me as it was stuck their end. Some big money moves today and tomorrow. Surprisingly my one today already shows on my tesla account

I know, but there's no 'sort code' showing on the wire transfer instructions. But the number underneath ABA/Routing # is in the format XX-XX-XX which makes it look like it's the sort code?

EDIT

Oh, wait a minute, my mistake. It was the sort code, but I had the website showing in US English. I changed it to UK English and the name of that field changed to 'sort code' :)

Out of interest, which bank do you use and how much did they charge for the £50k transfer?

Out of interest, which bank do you use and how much did they charge for the £50k transfer?
They shouldn't charge. I transferred 20k at one point and there was no fee. Just a whole lead of Are you sure, fraud alert, this could be a scam... are you sure.... NO REALLY ARE YOU SURE.... Here's your OTC to your phone, are you really really really sure...

In the end you question yourself, and get paranoid... Luckily I'm paying 15k on the car... But still the warnings are lethal to your state of mind!

I'm with Santander.

+add: I guess if you use Western Union or some other premium service you'll incur a charge.

Ok sorry sir, i get it now why I wasn't charged. Santander:

You can make single payments online of up to £25,000 from your current account for free. The maximum amount you can make in payments in a 24 hour period is £100,000. Payments usually arrive at the destination as soon as they leave your account, but in some cases they can take up until the end of the next working day. To make a CHAPS payment, visit our dedicated page on CHAPS payments for more information.

It's when you go CHAPS there's a £25 fee.

Here's what they say about it if it helps.

What are CHAPS payments?
Clearing House Automated Payment System (CHAPS) is a same-day electronic payment system for processing payments in GBP (Pounds Sterling). Unlike ‘Faster Payments’ they have no upper limit and are typically used for urgent or high-value payments (such as buying or paying a deposit on a property).

The key benefits of CHAPS

• Money is transferred on the same day (when we receive the request before the cut-off times explained below)
  • No upper limit to the amount you can transfer
Payments of up to £100,000 can be made in a 24 hour period using Faster Payments, which are free. Faster Payments usually arrive at the destination as soon as they leave your account, but in some cases they can take up until the end of the next working day. Please visit our payments and transfers support page to find out more.

There is a £25 charge to make a CHAPS payment.

thanks for quick reply - I'm with them too. invoice states payment needed 7 days before, so setup for a week before pickup. £25 towards the train ticket to Southhampton!
Because I'm a paranoid wotsit, I'd actually transfer a tenner as a test run. It should absolutely show on your account, or even not call Tesla to ensure they see it. THEN, I'd say, do lumps of 15K. You have a week to get the cash over, and you hear so many horror stories of AUTHENTIC LOOKING communications intercepting genuine emails but hijacking things like payment details.. that for a dream car like this I'd take ZERO chances, even if it looks absolutely genuine. Just don't want anyone getting stung, it'd be heart breaking to hear someone run off with your car payment. It gives me needles just thinking about it.

I always prefer a company to PULL the funds from my account, rather than me push the cash over! Silly Tesla! (still love em though).

7 days to go. I'm truly in envy, and excited for you guys. The week will creep so slowly!

After some sage advice; I ordered my M3LR through a 3rd party (forces cars direct) who are telling me the dealer expect a shipment to arrive 15 Feb, but they can’t tell me the delivery date until the vessel arrives. Sounds like BS to me! I have an order number, what’s the best way to track this order through Tesla? My app doesn’t show the order as it’s ordered through a company, and I can’t see the chat bubble on the order page on my phone.

I'm with Santander and just made 5x £10k fast payments and then the balance when I purchased my M3, no fees. For some reason the online app only allowed a max of £10k on a single transfer.

I waited for each payment to show up, sometimes a wait for up to 2 hours for each one - seems Tesla doesn't update the balance showing in real time.

I did the usual £10 test transfer first :)

I'm with Santander and just made 5x £10k fast payments and then the balance when I purchased my M3, no fees. For some reason the online app only allowed a max of £10k on a single transfer.

I waited for each payment to show up, sometimes a wait for up to 2 hours for each one - seems Tesla doesn't update the balance showing in real time.

I did the usual £10 test transfer first :)
Great intel, that's exactly what i intend to do. Cheers for sharing the update for balance changes on the Tesla account. Cudos.

I sent them a quid! See if they get it :)

Also update: Got my reg this morning (had to phone) insurance sorted £450 ish.Tesla bloke confirmed '100% and without doubt' the Ryzen CPU and new 15v battery so after 3 confirmations I really can't do much else to confirm it. I blame this forum for me questioning it but we'll see in two weeks ;)
Great news on all accounts, and nice insurance quotation! Where did you get the £450 quote from? Was it Direct Line?

Reactions: dboyo
I should learn to be patient when it comes to tesla but can be difficult when it’s radio silence for so long ( i know its not really any different with other makes - remember tracking BMWs from the US before and we often knew more than the dealer)

but I’m not going to get matched until they correct my order and it’s still showing incorrect after saying 48 hours when I called on saturday so assuming that’s working days it should be done by now.

technically my order estimated March but I’m hoping it might be February and I don’t care about the plate

Another live chat and I think I finally get what the M3 P situation is: it's Ryzen and other 2022 changes like the other models, but still with the 'old' battery. Personally I think I can live with that, the CPU was my main concern. The battery range and performance seems fine to me. Going ahead as they didn't seem to cancel my delivery.

• Love
Reactions: milesr3 and Snowy77