Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you said earlier, but 530 is borderline reasonable if for a M3 AWD LR. But 370 by nrushforth is truly amazing and unheard of for a M3 AWD LR. Well done to him. Hopefully he shall share how he got it
All I did was enter my details through confused.com. 13+yrs NCD, no points, no previous claims, never refused insurance etc.
Added my wife as a named driver also who has similar NCD, Deputy Head Teacher, same age.
Admiral : £370
Elephant : £373
Diamond : £376

These are the pay monthly prices. Annual price was cheaper, but I prefer to pay monthly.

Another live chat and I think I finally get what the M3 P situation is: it's Ryzen and other 2022 changes like the other models, but still with the 'old' battery. Personally I think I can live with that, the CPU was my main concern. The battery range and performance seems fine to me. Going ahead as they didn't seem to cancel my delivery.
Do you have a delivery date?

All I did was enter my details through confused.com. 13+yrs NCD, no points, no previous claims, never refused insurance etc.
Added my wife as a named driver also who has similar NCD, Deputy Head Teacher, same age.
Admiral : £370
Elephant : £373
Diamond : £376

These are the pay monthly prices. Annual price was cheaper, but I prefer to pay monthly.

do you recall the yearly price? Just to set a target for what can be acheived/rub it in? ;)

I got the "Prepare for Your Model Y Delivery" message on Jan 7th. Did all the tasks in my account that day and my account still says: We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment. No trade in, just paying cash. Does this sound right? Thanks for any thoughts on this

Just in case it's relevant. I don't remember the exact name of the place chosen for delivery, but it was off the M25 near Heathrow. Not sure if that would explain the lack of contract and option to pay yet.
What you are experiencing is normal, well it was in my case. Got text to schedule delivery around 3 weeks before. Once chose delivery time slot should get invoice and payment details within 24hrs. If you don’t receive that invoice give Tesla a call.

Good to know. Thanks!

I ordered last week (RWD, Blue, Aeros, Black interior) and expected delivery is March. I'm in Ireland.

No sign of a VIN in my account source code yet, although it's very early still.

Let the waiting and ship tracking begin!

Anyone here ordered in Jan and received a VIN or delivery date yet for a similar spec?

Good to know. Thanks!

I ordered last week (RWD, Blue, Aeros, Black interior) and expected delivery is March. I'm in Ireland.

Anyone here ordered in Jan and received a VIN or delivery date yet for a similar spec?
If it helps, I ordered that exact spec 14th November, and have no VIN or delivery date yet (was initially stated it would be a Feb delivery, but will be March now according to Tesla chat.

Just M3P or all cars? Thought the LR was hoping to be 82kwh in line with other european countries that were receiving that and lines up with the increased range
The UK LR through most of 2021 was using the 75 kWh LG battery. In the last couple of weeks in Dec, and we assume all LRs going forward into 2022, that changed to the 79 kWh LG battery - the same one that is to be used in the M3P and the same battery that LRs in Europe had throughout Q4 2021.

Reactions: Mrklaw and milesr3
Good to know. Thanks!

I ordered in October, the same spec as yours (RWD, Blue, Aeros, Back interior) put my order on hold, and then finalised everything two weeks ago. I've no delivery estimate and no VIN in the source code.

Good to know. Thanks!

Exactly the same spec as you, ordered on 16 Jan, nothing yet, London

Good to know. Thanks!

In my area there are no blue M3s, since I like blue colour I ordered blue. Turns out so many people here are ordering blue 😂 I ordered 31st of October, nothing yet

Good to know. Thanks!

Same. Ordered end of Dec, RWD, Grey with Aero wheels. No VIN or delivery date.

we assume all LRs going forward into 2022, that changed to the 79 kWh LG battery - the same one that is to be used in the M3P and the same battery that LRs in Europe had throughout Q4 2021.
There's a useful chart in the battery wiki on the German site

Battery_history.jpg

Note that for 2022 the 5C battery is based on LG M48 (4.8Ah) cells.

The M3LR is permissible with the 3C/3L/5C/5L.
The M3P is permissible with the 3L/5C/5L.
The M3P with Cat.3 DU (from the MY) is only permissible with the 5L.

v21_table.jpg

It's a lottery and I wait to see if the M3P I am assigned on 15 Feb will still have the 82kW Panasonic 3L or 79kW LG 5L.

Reactions: jmhumphreys