Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a courtesy call from Tesla few moments ago.

After the call the summary:
- all cars coming to UK from February will have Ryzen CPUs.
- No information on heated wiper park (no model 3 have them as per TA). But surely heated seats and steering wheel.
- cannot find information on window glazing in the rear.
- Rep could not say on which ship car is, but...
- car arrives to Leicester on 7th of February (I am picking from Leicester) - so Grande California)
- you do not need to have proof of payment or insurance certificate with you (printed copies). But you need to have car insured. It's your responsibility is to uave it insured.
- all you need to pick you car - is ID (driver's license). This is for Tesla Loan purchase method.
- pick up will be a limited contact, but there's going to be reps available to ask questions.
- they aim to have all cars charged as much as possible. It's not always possible to charge cars before pick up, but it should be AT LEAST 100 miles of range. My car currently is 70% charged

More or less all

Last edited:
nice update, thanks.
I don’t know if anyone expects rear laminated glass in the model 3. Are we extrapolating from what has been seen in the MY or do some M3 have them? Hope for heated wipers - although I’ve never had mine stick in place and remote defrost normally sorts that out

Agree on the payment - even if they wanted proof I can just bring up my account page and show them anyway.

I don’t know if anyone expects rear laminated glass in the model 3. Are we extrapolating from what has been seen in the MY or do some M3 have them?
Based on the European testing document that was found some time ago that listed the new changes, the laminated rear windows item didn't have M3 or MY against it so implied it was meant for both - but not sure we have any confirmed cases yet (obviously not in Europe as we still await the first Q1 deliveries, but not sure there have been any sightings around the world yet).

Reactions: Mrklaw
Hi, hoping someone can help me out here please! I have ordered a M3 long range, white exterior, black and white interior, everything else as standard. Ordered early December through ALD as a company car.

I spoke to Tesla a few weeks ago and gave them my RN and they said early March for delivery and they’ll be in touch in Feb to confirm. Since then, on ALD’s tracker the expected delivery has changed to 31st May! I just phoned Tesla and gave my RN and they said because it’s a lease they can’t give me an update and no they won’t give me an exact date in February either!

Have I just been unlucky and got an unhelpful Tesla support assistant?
I just ordered mine (LR black/black) through ALD as well (company appointed, stuck with them, suggest you don't check their reviews on Google...). Got my RN on Friday from Tesla, and ALD are saying 31/May delivery as well. Haven't contacted Tesla yet about expected delivery, but the website says March for my spec.

Ha I live over 100 miles away from my Tesla dealer. I was hoping for my standard M3 to be charged enough to get me home. I have a private plate to go on but from what I read I will have to insure the car on the registration I am given and then at some stage late organise the transfer at some stage in the future. Just hope that it comes as promised in March as having to use my daughters 12 year old Peugeot 107 as my main car is really not much fun!

Ha I live over 100 miles away from my Tesla dealer. I was hoping for my standard M3 to be charged enough to get me home. I have a private plate to go on but from what I read I will have to insure the car on the registration I am given and then at some stage late organise the transfer at some stage in the future. Just hope that it comes as promised in March as having to use my daughters 12 year old Peugeot 107 as my main car is really not much fun!
It can be more than 100. My car is specifically at 70% now...

But for example, i pick car at Leicester, and Leicester I think doesn't have a dealership .

Oh I ordered 2nd November.
I ordered white RWD, black interior, 18" wheels on 7th November. At that time, delivery was advised as being in February. I phoned Leeds branch yesterday to be told they now don't know if delivery will be March or May! I sold my previous SR+ in November, and had a second car that got written off at Christmas. I'm pretty miffed that Tesla didn't tell me about this delay until i phoned them. Am seriously looking at the Ioniq5/EV6 again. Only negatives are non-Tesla charging network and not a LiFeP battery. (I particularly like LiFeP battery as my last SR+ had lost 7% capacity in 10K miles). Oh, those alternative cars have long waits for delivery too, last time I checked.

Tesla Leeds confirmed I could get a car sooner if I changed colour etc. But my November 7th price was before the price rises so I'd be increasing from original budget twice.
Sorry, bit of a long whinge for first post :)

I ordered white RWD, black interior, 18" wheels on 7th November. At that time, delivery was advised as being in February. I phoned Leeds branch yesterday to be told they now don't know if delivery will be March or May! I sold my previous SR+ in November, and had a second car that got written off at Christmas. I'm pretty miffed that Tesla didn't tell me about this delay until i phoned them. Am seriously looking at the Ioniq5/EV6 again. Only negatives are non-Tesla charging network and not a LiFeP battery. (I particularly like LiFeP battery as my last SR+ had lost 7% capacity in 10K miles). Oh, those alternative cars have long waits for delivery too, last time I checked.

Tesla Leeds confirmed I could get a car sooner if I changed colour etc. But my November 7th price was before the price rises so I'd be increasing from original budget twice.
I ordered a white RWD exact same spec as yours on the 27th December. I've been told by a couple of TAs that it's likely to be March delivery. There's a ship that set sail from Shanghai a few days ago that has M3's supposedly destined for the UK. I'm hoping that mine is on there. I would wait a couple of weeks to see if anything changes in your account.

Reactions: Petetheroadie

Really odd how everyone is getting told different information. Mine isn't through Tesla directly but through a Lease company. All my finance documents have been signed and they say the 'supplier', which is Tesla, have told them the vehicle is due in on Monday 28th February. I ordered in the first/2nd week of December.

That's a Model 3 RWD, White, Black Interior, 18'' wheels. I just wonder whether 28th February may come and go and I actually won't have the car. Just have doubts.

I just ordered mine (LR black/black) through ALD as well (company appointed, stuck with them, suggest you don't check their reviews on Google...). Got my RN on Friday from Tesla, and ALD are saying 31/May delivery as well. Haven't contacted Tesla yet about expected delivery, but the website says March for my spec.
Since this, I spoke to ALD. They essentially told me that they just guess a date, so go with whatever Tesla tell you

Do the UK Model 3P’s come with the location aware automatic garage door opener? Just noticed it in the spec sheet.

We don't know yet, but my local SC told me they were pretty sure the LR would have it starting with the first deliveries in 2022.

It came up when I made enquiries about moving the module from my existing LR to the one I have coming; I'm now waiting for my VIN so they can check the specification for me.

If it's in the LR then it'll almost certainly be in the P.

First time poster here.

I placed my order for a M3P on 17/01/2022 for delivery in March. I'm doing it through a personal contract lease directly with Tesla, which has been approved. I'm trading in my existing car, for which Tesla have given me a provisional offer. Their offer is very good, but the trade-in valuation is still in progress and has been since my order was placed. All other steps on my account so far are ticked off (e.g. delivery location, payment method and registration).

I know it's very early days in the lifecycle of my order, but based on others experiences, when roughly can I expect to see things start to happen?

Thanks in advance!

Afternoon All 👋

First time posting on the forum, having been watching with interest for a good few weeks :)

I've been an owner of BMW's since the age of 21 and have finally made the decision to move away from the brand into a Tesla, nervous but excited!

I ordered my M3 LR on the 16th January and was quickly matched to one. Whilst the ordering process has been very alien I can't fault it. Finance was approved very quickly and delivery date given just a week later. I'll be collecting at Brent Cross on the 10th at 12:00.

I messaged the Tesla Online chat today and they quickly found my allocated registration and sent it to me by text whilst I was on the phone. So now it's just a case of waiting....

One more week to go😣

Afternoon All 👋

First time posting on the forum, having been watching with interest for a good few weeks :)

I've been an owner of BMW's since the age of 21 and have finally made the decision to move away from the brand into a Tesla, nervous but excited!

I ordered my M3 LR on the 16th January and was quickly matched to one. Whilst the ordering process has been very alien I can't fault it. Finance was approved very quickly and delivery date given just a week later. I'll be collecting at Brent Cross on the 10th at 12:00.

I messaged the Tesla Online chat today and they quickly found my allocated registration and sent it to me by text whilst I was on the phone. So now it's just a case of waiting....

One more week to go😣

very fast turnaround for you. What spec did you go for?