Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were just under 13,000 new M3 registered in UK in Nov+Dec 21, so maybe 13-15,000 M3 in Feb+Mar 22 plus the MY - so could be approaching 18-20,000 total!
That could be up to 500 new Tesla's a day to deliver over Feb/Mar (Mon-Fri) so an awful lot of logistics involved in that. I just hope that my M3 is in there somewhere - I'm still waiting for a VIN. :rolleyes:
thats interesting, is ther a site that you can see this info on numbers of registrations?

Anyone know what the X is for?
It's a (meaningless) check digit.

M3-V20-VIN.jpg

You can quickly check here as well; VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

Reactions: Lofty
Hi, just a quick question. How you sorted the insurance on the pick up day with trade ins. I'm with directline, and was told I can't specify the time on my policy start date. DD normally do 00:01 on start date. TIA
Admiral are similar, when I asked they said they insure the trade-in vehicle until you collect the new one at which point it switches, so if checked both cars show up as insured on that day.

They also said that I should call them if there was any problem/delay with the exchange and they would hold the switch.

Apparently it's a common pragmatic approach so that you don't have to worry about picking the new car up earlier or later than planned and being left with an uninsured vehicle.

Collection/Delivery Update: I've been trying to get Tesla to sort out a collection/chauffeur service and I wasn't getting anywhere. So instead they are going to delivery the car to me on a flatbed (free of charge) on Thursday 10th which was my collection day anyway. A little bit strange as I would had thought it would have been easier to collect me than deliver a car, but I can't complain. Saves my travel time.

Is there anything I need to be concerned about getting the car delivered to me? or is it generally the same process as collection. If i'm not happy they log it before I sign.

I'll be really interested to hear how it goes. Although I have recently been told I will have a home delivery, I'm not banking on it as I originally specified Cribbs in Bristol. Don't forget us once you have your toy to play with ;)
I'll definitely upload my 'Ryzen picture' if it turns out that's what my processor is. Though I suspect it'll be old news by then as a few people here are picking up before me! :)

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Collection/Delivery Update: I've been trying to get Tesla to sort out a collection/chauffeur service and I wasn't getting anywhere. So instead they are going to delivery the car to me on a flatbed (free of charge) on Thursday 10th which was my collection day anyway. A little bit strange as I would had thought it would have been easier to collect me than deliver a car, but I can't complain. Saves my travel time.

Is there anything I need to be concerned about getting the car delivered to me? or is it generally the same process as collection. If i'm not happy they log it before I sign.
When I spoke to the lady at Tesla just now I said how much I appreciated the chauffeur service, and she said it's something they're only just starting to roll out, limited capacity, doesn't cover all areas yet, etc. So I think those of us who did get it probably got it as part of a trial roll out sort of thing, so if anyone asks for it and Tesla say no, I don't think they're being deliberately obtuse or anything. I just think it sounds like a luck of the draw whether you get it or not sort of thing at the moment.

Reactions: BatteryJuice
Just got my Vin in source code

LRW3F7FSXNC

Anyone know what the X is for?
Interesting that all the 2022 RWD VIN's so far....straw poll of 4🤔.... seem to have the 8th character as S.

This seems to indicate the new hairpin 208kW motor.

Pretty much all the VIN's on TFF (German forum) are the older R motor.

Maybe we are getting something newer first for a change!

VIN soon please 😢

Interesting that all the 2022 RWD VIN's so far....straw poll of 4🤔.... seem to have the 8th character as S.

This seems to indicate the new hairpin 208kW motor.

Pretty much all the VIN's on TFF (German forum) are the older R motor.

Maybe we are getting something newer first for a change!

VIN soon please 😢
That would be nice!! What is your order? Have you been waiting long? I see you are in Devon too. Are you collecting from Cribbs or have you been offered home delivery or chauffeur?

When/If i receive my VIN can i then use the Tesla app to track it - I’m with a lease company, so will i still be in the dark!
If you are using a LeaseCo you will not be able to do anything with the app until they share access through your account at time of delivery unfortunately. That's as I understand it anyway :) It's a pain really, but it is the LeaseCo that own the car.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
So, delivery of my LR is scheduled for tomorrow, just got a text from Anyvan confirming the delivery! I placed the order about a week before Xmas through my local Tesla sales office. It's a company car, and they dealt with all the paperwork using ALD as the lease company. Heard very little until a couple of weeks ago, when I got a text with the delivery date. Received VIN and registration number last week, so insurance is all arranged. I didn't specify delivery when I placed the order, so maybe delivery is something to do with it being leased rather than purchased outright. Anyway roll on tomorrow! I guess mine was on the ship that docked in Southampton on the 4th.