Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it me or are the majority of new car assignments the LR model, I have not noticed many RWD being allocated as yet. I hope there are a few more RWD on the remaining ships due to deliver this quarter. :(
You're right. There have been a small number of RWDs assigned recently, but they are vastly outnumbered by LRs. However, I had this from Davide on the Tesla Chat this morning , which you might be interested to see...
1644334116051.png
1644334301048.png

Thanks, I managed to get it to pop up eventually after some refreshing. Chatted with a very helpful Katy who helped me snag one of the inventory cars. She said expect collection towards end of the month. Won't be a 22 plate but I'm not too bothered about that. Confirmed the car does have Ryzen & new 16v battery though, which is what I was holding the new order for.

Fingers crossed for a quick turnaround!

Edit: Now the car is gone from the inventory list... It was the only LR Midnight Silver, so didn't want to broadcast I was after it before it was changed over :)
I ended up placing another order and paying £100 deposit because I couldn’t reach them on chat or call and didn’t want to risk loosing what I saw (otherwise wait till end March for what I had on order)

I then asked nicely to cancel the old one and refund me as that is what I was assured is ok to do in exceptional circumstances and they’d be happy to refund. I’ve got in writing that refund is processed but not seen anything come through yet.

Hey Yessuz, Great to hear you have your car and all went well :) Are you able to post a picture of the battery label (behind the front wheel arch) -- Please
what? where?
@yessuz might not show up yet but when you get the chance can you check if acceleration boost is an option for you?
Yes, acceleration boost available to add for 1500, EAP for 3400, full SD for 6800

How long did it take for the app to be connected to the car? I bet your loving the questions today.
basically as soon signed on the tablet.

btw I was confused a bit.

came to reception. dude checked my driver's license. checked address, then he said, all good - sign here. on the tablet. I signed. I thought - it's that I have arrived.
then checked app 1 minute later - it was up and running with all my car details ,connected and all good.

then I went to the car. to do the check... and another rep (dude I met at Nottingham Sales Centre) came to me, we talked a bit and he said - once you are happy - just drive away. so it looks like, when I signed I already signed that acceptance of the car.

then another chap was walking by, I asked about usb c - he said, year, all 2021 models will have front usb C charge only.

USB stick in the glove box is 128 gb. what is confusing, that I can see a notification (in green) saying that USB drive is not connected to glove box. and next text info says: Sentry mode will use battery.
I can enable sentry and I can save dashcam videos. so I am a bit surprised why it says USB not connected.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
I was also told this morning by Davide on Tesla Chat that cars only arrive in inventory when they have failed to match it with all existing customer orders regardless of location. They work through the list in date order (from date of order) and if they get to the end without a match, they upload to inventory.

Davide is wrong, I've seen cars with my specification pass through the published inventory several times since I ordered but I'm not matched yet and there are others on here who are in the same position.

It was the same last time I ordered too, so that might be how it's supposed to work but it's not how it does work.

Either that or they're not very good at the matching process.

I just had a very long and interesting chat with Emma, who had to refer my questions to her manager. I simply asked which battery my assigned car has.

To begin with she said it was the 'old variant' but did have the 'new 16v battery and AMD Ryzen'. I asked if the variant was E3LD but she could not see this, only that it was 'old'. Emma then went on to say that it was a unicorn car with the longer range.

I stated that I did not wish to have an old variant with the 352 mile range because I had ordered a vehicle with 340 mile range, as shown on the website since December. I asked when a vehicle with 340 mile range would be available.

After some time Emma said they were not currently available but would be in March. This is where she checked with her manager and came back to say that my vehicle is due to arrive in March and therefore will be the 'new version'. I challenged whether this info was based on delivery date or VIN and she stated that her manager can check the spec based on VIN and that it is the 'latest specification, as currently show in the Design Studio'.

View attachment 766319View attachment 766318View attachment 766314
I ordered M3P via Vanarama lease on 15th Jan, had 4 emails from Tesla and Vanarama, Delivery in March, then June, then April…..now finally back to ‘sometime in March - maybe’…….interested to know full spec and asked a rep that Ive been dealing with the past few weeks, he has always seemingly been really knowledgable and helpful, swift with any replies….this was his reply when asked about my spec:-

With regards to the vehicle, you will be glad to hear that it will indeed be the newer specification of the Model 3 you will be getting a hold of, unless Vanarama turn around and advise you that they have stock available from last quarter. However, if the delivery of the car is being arranged by us, you should be getting the following updates from the December ones:
  • Updated CPU with the AMD Ryzen chips
  • Updated “12 volt” batteries (I believe these are actually 15V Li-Ion batteries now instead of the previous lead acid ones)
  • Updated batteries with the new ranges displayed on our website (unsure as to whether it’s a bigger battery or bigger density)
Only thing he never mentioned was regarding rear motor?

Davide is wrong, I've seen cars with my specification pass through the published inventory several times since I ordered but I'm not matched yet and there are others on here who are in the same position.

It was the same last time I ordered too, so that might be how it's supposed to work but it's not how it does work.

I had a call from the TA in Tesla Belfast yesterday to advise I had been matched with a car and may have it as early as next week(Confirmed it arrived on GRANDE CALIFORNIA on 3rd Feb). Wouldnt give me the VIN as Im going through Salary Sacrifice. I tried to see if I could get the VIN through chat, but Davide advised that whilst I had been assigned a car, it is enroute and will be delivered towards the end of March. Think Davide should be taken with a pinch of salt

• Funny
Reactions: MoSkeeto

Maybe we will never know. I'm passed chasing this now. It wastes so much time and creates so much frustration. There is nothing more I can do, so I'm going to do my best to sit back and relax (which is going to be very hard)!