Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2AF4EF19-B749-4833-AB3F-B49580046B4D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic and any Data required Apps will not be installed by vehicle's "smart" firmware because vehicle recognises that the Data-enabled USB Hub is not present and Tesla has downgraded the Specification of all cars manufactured from 15 Nov forward as having the Charge-only port, there are no exceptions or shades of grey
Well, I kinda disagree, Tesla even stated that you can still use the sentry port for a controller, which you could of course, so there is actually no good enough reason for me why they would block the games. You can also use a non-powered usb-hub to use sentry and a data-stick simultaniously which in my opinion is just a compromise. But this is becoming a neverending story and it's quite annoying. We will see what's gonna happen in the future.
But I am still curious to find out, if the games are truly not available in the new cars.

Sorry have I missed something, why are the games not available in 2022 cars?
You have :) Tesla removed the USB-C data ports in the front console on newer models and with that change they blocked some games for those cars. And apparently even the 2022 models dont come with the games which is disappointing. But it's possible that Tesla is working on a Bluetooth implementation and once that is out, the games will be released... I hope. All speculation of course.

Well, I kinda disagree, Tesla even stated that you can still use the sentry port for a controller, which you could of course

Sure can, you can even connect a long USB port while parked in your garage to your home and access from there. There is no one policing you from using any of the USB ports of your vehicle or anything with respect to your vehicle

But I am still curious to find out, if the games are truly not available in the new cars.

Already answered, no Apps requiring Data are installed by the "Smart" Tesla firmware that comes with vehicle or future updates unless Tesla at some juncture reintroduces Data-enabled USB ports in the main cabin of vehicle once again as it did in the 2021 M3 refresh vehicles. Clearly, they don't count the one in the glove compartment for the very reason already explained, namely, the owner of the vehicle will risk the Sentry system operation becoming unstable and unreliable

Last edited:
Sure can, you can even connect a long USB port while parked in your garage to your home and access from there. There is no one policing you from using any of the USB ports of your vehicle or anything with respect to your vehicle
No idea what your post is supposed to convey^^ Sure, you can do pretty much anything. But as I said, this is what Tesla told me to be able to use sentry, to play games and to listen to music. But if that is the solution they offer at the moment then I don't understand why the games keep being blocked. Can you?
And yes, I saw yessuz post, but we posted pretty much at the same time, so no need to repeat what he said ;)

Sorry have I missed something, why are the games not available in 2022 cars?
Games are included, only Games requiring a Data-enabled USB port are no longer included because due to global constraints on supply Tesla have deleted and no longer supplies a Data-enabled USB port in the centre console and have replaced it with a charge-only USB port hence their firmware detects that all vehicles manufactured after 15 Nov 2021 no longer have a Data-enabled port hence remove the relating games from being downloaded. You can always call Tesla Parts and purchase the newer Data-enabled Port and install it your self but will ned a Tesla technician to connect their laptop to reconfigure the vehicle's internal systems management system to recognise that the hardware has physically changed and a Data-enabled USB Hub has been installed

You can always call Tesla Parts and purchase the newer Data-enabled Port and install it your self but will ned a Tesla technician to connect their laptop to reconfigure the vehicle's internal systems management system to recognise that the hardware has physically changed and a Data-enabled USB Hub has been installed
Is this true? We tried that many times in Germany, they told us they are not allowed to sell those parts to the cars that didn't come with the data ports already fitted. You can obtain an offer, but as soon as you try to purchase it, they cancel the order. Also it wouldnt make any sense otherwise. If they have the parts, they could just put them in the cars. Tesla stated that less than 1% uses the data ports which is why they were scrubbed.

Last edited:
Is this true? We tried that many times in Germany, they told us they are not allowed to sell those parts to the cars that didn't come with the data ports already fitted.

Yes it was at least until a few weeks ago, after my report many people on different forums replied they have purchased it and either installed them selves or made an appointment and had a Tesla technician install for them, it takes 2-3min to install. A Tesla Technician is still required to reconfigure the vehicle, perhaps they are now refusing to do this due to the logistical nightmare if thousands of customer inundate them with service calls to reconfigure vehicle system firmware. This is the Data-enabled USB Hub part number 1755200-00-B. If you look in the parts catalogue this isnt/wasnt a restricted part meaning public could purchase it. Many parts are marked restricted hence they will not sell to public and only Tesla Authorised service centers may purchase. It only costs 30 pounds. Hopefully the Tesla Dictator hasn't changed the classification of this part to restricted. Amended: just checked parts catalogue and they have since change category from "over the counter" to the restricted "Tesla only". The older technology charge-only Hub installed on older Model 3's and M3's manufactured after 15 Nov 2021 is part number 1656787-30-A

Reactions: LordOfLight