Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new E5LD battery and previous variants released in 2021 refresh models namely the E5CD and E5D are all LG batteries, not panasonic
Yes, but my point was about the availability of Acceleration Boost with the 5L battery in the LR (which is a new combination) and the return to using an LG battery in the M3P after the 2021 used the Panasonic 3L. Long story...

BTW, the 'E' and 'D' in your Variants above mean Model 3 and Dual Motor. So E5LD is a M3 with LG M50 battery and dual motor.

Please help, I have a M3 RWD on order as below and spotted one of the exact same spec in Tesla inventory this morning. So started a chat and got it allocated to my RN for Feb 21 - 25 delivery. March is not an issue as number plates do not change in NI (numbering just continues as normal, so 2022 reg is the main thing) and I will be using a cherish plate anyway. However, afterwards I realised that this is a 2021 made car (LRW3F7FR0MC41xxxx) so it 'might' be missing some recent updates! I know these include the Ryzen chip but was the heated steering wheel one of these items? My current car has this and I would not want to lose that (helps in cold weather with a bit of arthritis in my hands). I will go back onto chat and check the spec of this 2021 car but can anybody list what the known recent changes are so that I can run through them on the chat. I might still be happy to accept this 2021 made car.

Are these flurry of Model 3's popping up in the inventory in the last few days 'customer rejects' ? - yesterday they were all only 'black LR' model 3's and just one Red. Today there is grey metallic and more reds too !!! - surely these can't be 'unmatched' cars ! - would be good to get the background behind how cars show up in the inventory if people here are being told their's won't be available to collect until March etc.

Pretty sure someone took a photo with availability of £1500 boost on these LRs
Yes. Long story short - there was some speculation that M3Ps were still being built with the Panasonic 3L battery because the LG 5L was unproven in providing the peak power. The Panasonic 3L is very powerful at the right temperature and SoC. The AB on the LR pulls about 370kW out of the battery, which is close to the (net) rated 377kW of the M3P.

It's a good omen for the LG 5L in the M3P and hopefully we'll see the circa 430kW peak power of the Panasonic 3L (or even better the 460kW peak of the MYP with the cat.3 drive unit with the previous 75kWh LG battery).

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowy77
Are these flurry of Model 3's popping up in the inventory in the last few days 'customer rejects' ?
They won't be rejects but cancelled/deferred orders. I assume people want the next reg plate.

Potentially Tesla made too many black vehicles has there has been a large number of them appearing on inventory over the last few weeks.

Are these flurry of Model 3's popping up in the inventory in the last few days 'customer rejects' ? - yesterday they were all only 'black LR' model 3's and just one Red. Today there is grey metallic and more reds too !!! - surely these can't be 'unmatched' cars ! - would be good to get the background behind how cars show up in the inventory if people here are being told their's won't be available to collect until March etc.
Nobody knows for sure as the way Tesla do their allocations is a bit of a mystery However my guess is that many potential buyers put down their deposit and are allocated a delivery date then reject for many reasons (want later reg. Not sold old car yet, finance not in place etc.) that doesnt mean the car is a reject just that is now availbe to someone else, presumably if they dont match it to someone else then it goes into inventory

Yes. Long story short - there was some speculation that M3Ps were still being built with the Panasonic 3L battery because the LG 5L was unproven in providing the peak power. The Panasonic 3L is very powerful at the right temperature and SoC. The AB on the LR pulls about 370kW out of the battery, which is close to the (net) rated 377kW of the M3P.

It's a good omen for the LG 5L and hopefully we'll see the circa 430kW peak power of the Panasonic 3L (or even better the 460kW peak of the MYP with the cat.3 drive unit with the previous 75kWh LG battery).
Seems USA M3Ps are continuing with Panasonic though....

So picked up the car from Glasgow.

Luckily I arrived earlier than my slot, which was just as well as it allowed me to check the car before the heavens opened.

Paint, gaps etc all seem fine (wee blemish on passenger rear wheel arch but should buff out).
Ryzen processor fitted.
Not checked battery or rear windows.
Plugged in charging. (See photo for 100% limit - it fluctuates between 350 and 362)

App enabled as soon as I got the car. Also as my order was originally made before 1yr Premium connectivity was removed, I got the email granting 1yr free Premium, and can see expiry of Feb 2023 in the app. :)

Attachments

• 61808312-52A5-4704-B9C8-DD52E812AE0C.jpeg
    61808312-52A5-4704-B9C8-DD52E812AE0C.jpeg
    730.5 KB · Views: 103
  • C1BBD5B1-F2FF-4D16-B4C7-82D5881D3313.png
    C1BBD5B1-F2FF-4D16-B4C7-82D5881D3313.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 81
So picked up the car from Glasgow.

Luckily I arrived earlier than my slot, which was just as well as it allowed me to check the car before the heavens opened.

Paint, gaps etc all seem fine (wee blemish on passenger rear wheel arch but should buff out).
Ryzen processor fitted.
Not checked battery or rear windows.
Plugged in charging. (See photo for 100% limit - it fluctuates between 350 and 362)

App enabled as soon as I got the car. Also as my order was originally made before 1yr Premium connectivity was removed, I got the email granting 1yr free Premium, and can see expiry of Feb 2023 in the app. :)
Nice, just out of curiosity, what was the state of charge when you picked it up?