Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sorry @yessuz another one I totally forgot to ask. Did you get mud flaps chucked in?

Someone took a photo of all the bundled stuff and wanted to check in to find out..... as you can see the ol' flapperoonies on the left in the photo. Otherwise will order separately, since I'm on the accessory game atm.

1644417589737.png

Just researched it, and the UK spec has single reverse, and single fog light. US / Fremont made cars have two due to some regulation on symmetry.. News on me, so one reverse light is standard issue for UK. You might get the odd US made one floating about with two but it absolutely definitely means you're not missing out on some technological advancement if it has just one.

Phew. Googling over, now I can go back to ordering loads of accessories on AliExpress :D

I must admit, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to symmetry and the thought of only having one reverse light and one fog lamp doesn't sit well with me. I know that both lights are lights that I'm not going to see when I'm driving, so I shouldn't care, but it just gives me a weird feeling - like I REALLY want to fix it and will struggle to shake that feeling. 😞

the regulation in US is - they do not need fog lights there.

Therefore all american cars (american made or made specifically for US market), if not fitted from the factory, when imported and registered in Europe, have an bold-on rear fog lights

more or less:
View attachment 766854 View attachment 766855

American cars (for american market), by default, have red turn indicators as well, unless manufacturer installs orange :)

source: one of my cars in the past was imported from USA.

Hmm, on the other hand, perhaps having odd lights at the back isn't so bad after all. :)

Reactions: fantasmagorica
sorry @yessuz another one I totally forgot to ask. Did you get mud flaps chucked in?

Someone took a photo of all the bundled stuff and wanted to check in to find out..... as you can see the ol' flapperoonies on the left in the photo. Otherwise will order separately, since I'm on the accessory game atm.

View attachment 766858
yes! I was a bit surprised to find them, but did not ask :D . but hey - freebie is a freebie :D

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Hi Fermanagh would be M3 owner here promised March. Interested in your cherished plate transfer. I kept the plate of my last EV before I sold it (had it since 1986); From what I see I will get the car on an NI plate and then at some stage in the future assign my plate from retention onto it. Tesla not interested in getting involved in the cherished registration I am told. Have you been told different? Thanks
Tesla won't assign personalised plates. Its a straightforward No as I tried few times on phone and in writing. They allocated few times in the past but not anymore. You will have to wait for V5C document to come through in post (may be a week) and then assign it online and rest is easy. You can drive car on old number plate for two weeks to sort out getting a new plate done.

Reactions: Dodo69
Just found this over on the German site (thanks again @eivissa).

View attachment 766814

Fingers crossed that what I was told yesterday about my M3P being the 'new variant' was true 🤞
Competing information from the go to site I use suggests LVB2 is Low Voltage Battery 2

The letters usually mean something, for instance HPxx is Heat Pump, Txxx tires, RDxx rear Drive, FDxx front drive etc.

• Informative
Reactions: milesr3