Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we the no there is a large refresh, facelift coming.
No one wishes to receive negative news, but reality comes from fact, dreaming up facts is making believe facts. To each their own. Fact is that Dec 2020 was what was referred to as the M3 2021 refresh. Nov 2021 was the when the global shortage stang all auto manufacturers including Tesla, productions from 15 Nov 2021 onward were not a M3 refresh but was simply substituting (and in rare cases) downgrading parts of the vehicle due to the Global parts shortage henced the AMD Ryzen, the Battery from LG/E5CD to LG/E5LD, the Data-enabled USB Hub to the Charge-only USB Hub

more likely they have to figure out wtf for 2022. Giga shanghai is expanding I think, Giga Berlin is coming online but is later than planned; Giga Texas maybe? US cars are already 6 month wait times so its not unusual for us to get longer lead times too. Tesla have to balance global increases in demand with what limited production capacity they have. And at the same time they're trying to avoid quarterly pushes and smooth things out if possible.

Just read on reddit that apparntly in the US if youre east coast you get tesla deliveries the first month in a quarter - so they still have the quarter 'bulge' and distribution is rationed, so this seems a global issue for them
Good info, I'm sticking with my order just hope I get "the txt" soon. I actually want to trade my car but I'm frightened to roll back anything on the order incase it messes my allocation.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
I never said that. But could the enterprise orders be delivered ahead of a private order. Sure. Volumes can give you certain benefits.
I would love to agree with you, but from the chat on here it is mostly the private purchases that seem to be progressing quicker. Going through an enterprise LeaseCo seems to be slowing things down. At least that how it looks to me and is my situation. I got the email from Tesla Enterprise telling me to ensure all was ready weeks ago, but nothing since.

Reactions: hokkaidoblue
I would love to agree with you, but from the chat on here it is mostly the private purchases that seem to be progressing quicker. Going through an enterprise LeaseCo seems to be slowing things down. At least that how it looks to me and is my situation. I got the email from Tesla Enterprise telling me to ensure all was ready weeks ago, but nothing since.
All depends which lens you look through. Regardless though I am sure we can all agree it isnt a pleasant journey for everyone.

I ordered last weekend when EDD was March and it still is.

Is it fair to think it will still arrive in March? Tesla account still states this even though within the last 5 days, order for same spec = August.
i had a bit of a scare today. when they told me EDD was may now instead of march. Talked to two advisors since then who confirmed March. they also said delivery will be mid to end march and text will be most likely in march as well. my order was in january

I’m in same position, I need the car by July at latest due to current lease ending. It said May when I ordered, now says November on new orders.

You can call up Tesla if your leaseco has given you Order number, mine has haven’t contacted Tesla yet, but have had a confirmation text from them
Many thanks I had confirmation the order had been placed by the lease co and got my text this morning with rm number. I may call just to see. Though I think the lease company have 45 days to supply the car or an acceptable alternative otherwise you can cancel. I got rid of my old car on October and ordered another ev in November, but there have been delays since and was told minimum june. Went with this one mainly because of the March date, will keep my fingers crossed we both get sorted👍

Hi, I’m new to this forum, so please be patient with me. I have placed order for M3 RWD white and white 18” on 11.01.2022 with estimated delivery March 2022. I selected collection in Manchester Trafford Centre. I haven’t received text or VIN and I tried to look on source code for VIN and nothing. I know it’s only been a month since placing order and there are some people without VIN who placed order way before me. Just curious if anyone in U.K. who placed order around same time as me have received VIN? I have sent email to Tesla asking for some information because I need to sell my current car to have money for deposit but all response I had was that I need to be patient and that I will be matched to the car soon. Any thoughts on time between text confirmation and collection of car? I want to time sell of my current car so I’m not without car for too long or in worst case to have 2 cars at the same time due to short notice of delivery.

Many thanks I had confirmation the order had been placed by the lease co and got my text this morning with rm number. I may call just to see. Though I think the lease company have 45 days to supply the car or an acceptable alternative otherwise you can cancel. I got rid of my old car on October and ordered another ev in November, but there have been delays since and was told minimum june. Went with this one mainly because of the March date, will keep my fingers crossed we both get sorted👍
Exactly in the same situation as you. Fingers crossed for march. Give us an update with what they say on the call. What spec did you order.

I test drove a M3 LR on 10th January 2022, ordered on 12th January 2022 and collected from Bluewater today, super lucky :)

Arrived at the location roughly half an hour early, however there was no queue so we cracked straight on. I spent about 45 minutes to an hour checking over the car and discovered two tiny marks on some of the alcantara trim, but that was all and I’m being pedantic here. The exterior was immaculate and there was no damage or panel gaps to report!

The car has the has the AMD Ryzen processor, heated wipers but no rear double glazed.

Staff were on hand for any questions and were super helpful. The car had 35% charge, so we plugged straight into the supercharger there.

Only issue was getting a data connection, due to being on the ground floor of a multi story car park. Soon as we drove out we were connected.

I’ll document my journey on instagram “M3_Tesla” however here are some photos of collection…

I’m absolutely thrilled with the car and wish I had converted sooner, this is the future!
F063B60D-972A-4A2A-A26D-C39809AFD5EC.jpeg

8CC18107-24E2-415E-AE74-68A206A83C5C.jpeg

94CABF8E-FBE5-4753-B97F-4CEF1489C742.jpeg

I test drove a M3 LR on 10th January 2022, ordered on 12th January 2022 and collected from Bluewater today, super lucky :)

Arrived at the location roughly half an hour early, however there was no queue so we cracked straight on. I spent about 45 minutes to an hour checking over the car and discovered two tiny marks on some of the alcantara trim, but that was all and I’m being pedantic here. The exterior was immaculate and there was no damage or panel gaps to report!

The car has the has the AMD Ryzen processor, heated wipers but no rear double glazed.

Staff were on hand for any questions and were super helpful. The car had 35% charge, so we plugged straight into the supercharger there.

Only issue was getting a data connection, due to being on the ground floor of a multi story car park. Soon as we drove out we were connected.

I’ll document my journey on instagram “M3_Tesla” however here are some photos of collection…

I’m absolutely thrilled with the car and wish I had converted sooner, this is the future!
View attachment 767511

View attachment 767512

View attachment 767513
Very nice looking car, congrats 👍

I think everyone in Ireland (at least with a RWD order) is in the same boat.
I have my VIN in the source code, with no EDD. I emailed the Irish delivery team asking what the story was and was told that they expect delivery in mid-late March, but also said that it was subject to change.
There are some deliveries the week of the Feb 21st.
Mine is scheduled for the 23rd, I have a reg plate so looks like it's all ready to go.
It's a red RWD, aero wheels, black interior, order placed in early October.
I never got an EDD showing up in the account. The VIN appeared in source in mid Jan and then 2 to 3 weeks later I got a text to book the delivery appointment.