Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my final invoice today for my RWD delivery date 11th March.

Right, this is the bit that's going to hurt. šŸ˜‚
Good news on delivery, not good about lying, how long has it taken? I ask as I have ordered an RWD through lease and not getting many updates at the moment. Iā€™m sure they will happen and then it will be quite quick. Not fussed about new reg so hoping maybe I get a swap with someone who would rather wait. Will see though.

Final invoice received too!

Timeline of events to date:

2nd December 2021 - Placed order for M3/RWD/MSM/Black/19ā€/EAP with estimated delivery date March 2022
3rd February 2022 - VIN in source code and estimated delivery date changed from March 2022 to 2nd March to 16th March 2022
8th February 2022 - SMS delivery notification to say it was on its way
16th February 2022 - SMS notification to schedule collection
21st February 2022 - Final invoice received and payment required at least 48 hours before delivery
15th March 2022 - Scheduled collection

Have made little to no communication to Tesla regarding my order apart from a couple of emails in early January to the TA who helped with the test drive in November to check that delivery was on course for March, and whether I was going to get a 2022 model with the new AMD processor, etc.

On the final invoice it's showing 30 Miles on the odometer, is that normal? also no mention of the registration plate.

Last edited:
I'm sure you wouldn't notice any difference with an extra 12kW output from the rear motor.
There's a bit more to it than this, but you're right that the 12kW net power rating of the rear motor isn't significant. Tesla exceed the rated net motor power anyway! :)

My preference for the 5L was because it should provide more consistent performance at lower temperatures and state of charge than the 3L. On the flip side it is not currently known if it can produce the peak power (as much as 440kW) of the 3L in optimum conditions (see Anyone regretted getting a Performance M3?).

If this is correct we could have ended up with a smaller battery and the same motor.
Indeed. It is perfectly permissible to have the 5L battery with the 219kW cat.2 DU. No guarantee of the 235kW cat.3 DU (or any increases in power to MYP levels in software) with the 5L.

Rear wheel drive - Red - 19 inch alloys.

Order date 5th February 2022 with advertised ā€œMarch deliveryā€ before order.

Was given March 21st - March 31st estimated delivery for last two weeks.

Today changed to May 19th - June 16th!

Anybody else with similar spec or similar date changes?
Ordered 15th jan M3LR red 19" showing still march 21st-31st but reading your post looks like it could change

Reactions: iorgosg
Final invoice received too!

Timeline of events to date:

2nd December 2021 - Placed order for M3/RWD/MSM/Black/19ā€/EAP with estimated delivery date March 2022
3rd February 2022 - VIN in source code and estimated delivery date changed from March 2022 to 2nd March to 16th March 2022
8th February 2022 - SMS delivery notification to say it was on its way
16th February 2022 - SMS notification to schedule collection
21st February 2022 - Final invoice received and payment required at least 48 hours before delivery
15th March 2022 - Scheduled collection

Have made little to no communication to Tesla regarding my order apart from a couple of emails in early January to the TA who helped with the test drive in November to check that delivery was on course for March, and whether I was going to get a 2022 model with the new AMD processor, etc.

On the final invoice it's showing 30 Miles on the odometer, is that normal? also no mention of the registration plate.
I ordered on 15th Jan and pick up from Southampton on 11th March. Otherwise same timeline. Must be in the same boat.
Mine also says 30 miles on the odometer. I wonder if this is truly the case or standard number. Interestingly delivery date on the invoice 12th but website and date I chose was 11th.

Reactions: Snowy77
Same as a regular dealer, you take your trade-in with you when you go and hand everything over to the Tesla people. They will do a quick inspection of the car - it's not very thorough, they only too about five minutes when I traded in.

There'a full T&C document in your account linked to the trade in, but basically your car must match the pictures you sent, have no more than 1,000 miles more than when they gave you the valuation and have at least 30 days MOT.
So when you traded in - did you do that at the same time as picking up the new car ?

And the shambles continues.......
Contacted chat this morning and was connected to Paige. I asked why my EDD had gone from March > last week in March > May/June in the space of a few days. She said she'd have a look and after a few minutes asked if she could call me back as the team were in meetings. No problem said I, expecting a prompt call back. Fast forward a few hours, no call. Frustration building. I contact chat again at lunchtime as I have meetings all afternoon and was connected to Davide. He looked into my order and after a few minutes stated May/June was realistic but that I could cancel my order and he'd refund the Ā£100 deposit. I asked how the EDD could change so much over such a short space of time. No real answer other than 'it must have updated'. Frustration building. He said Tesla would issue another trade in valuation if more than 60 days pass. Frustration building. Chat ended. Two minutes later, my phone rings.... "Hi' says Paige, very pleasantly. She went on to tell me that my order does indeed now have May/June as EDD but that she'd spoken to her supervisor and that many cars were due to leave or on the way to the UK and that there was a strong possibility that I'd be matched for a March delivery. So nothing like what Davide said.
Trouble is, which one of them is closest to the truth? Shambles. Frustration building.

And the shambles continues.......
Contacted chat this morning and was connected to Paige. I asked why my EDD had gone from March > last week in March > May/June in the space of a few days. She said she'd have a look and after a few minutes asked if she could call me back as the team were in meetings. No problem said I, expecting a prompt call back. Fast forward a few hours, no call. Frustration building. I contact chat again at lunchtime as I have meetings all afternoon and was connected to Davide. He looked into my order and after a few minutes stated May/June was realistic but that I could cancel my order and he'd refund the Ā£100 deposit. I asked how the EDD could change so much over such a short space of time. No real answer other than 'it must have updated'. Frustration building. He said Tesla would issue another trade in valuation if more than 60 days pass. Frustration building. Chat ended. Two minutes later, my phone rings.... "Hi' says Paige, very pleasantly. She went on to tell me that my order does indeed now have May/June as EDD but that she'd spoken to her supervisor and that many cars were due to leave or on the way to the UK and that there was a strong possibility that I'd be matched for a March delivery. So nothing like what Davide said.
Trouble is, which one of them is closest to the truth? Shambles. Frustration building.
I feel your pain. Hang in there!

Looking forward to getting my final invoice. I changed my mind about trading in my E-Golf and told Tesla but thats not reflected in my paperwork. Can I reply when I get my invoice that I want to pay the full amount? And yes that will hurt!
The request for payment is via SMS, so you can't reply to that. I'd suggest going on chat & asking them to remove your trade in from your account before you get the invoice. I did it the other way around (added a trade in) & it was sorted within a few minutes.

Rear wheel drive - Red - 19 inch alloys.

Order date 5th February 2022 with advertised ā€œMarch deliveryā€ before order.

Was given March 21st - March 31st estimated delivery for last two weeks.

Today changed to May 19th - June 16th!

Anybody else with similar spec or similar date changes?
RWD/Red/Black/18
Ordered 31/1
EDD March followed by March 22- March 31
No VIN as yet