Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, you just need the full name of the account holder, which is provided with the payment details. Make sure you choose business account when setting up your payment.
That's the part I'm more scared of ! Call me paranoid, but, i can imagine being cyber interdicted, send Tesla the money, and it doesn't show up on your account... then speaking to Davide and saying... no, that isn't a Tesla account!

Then head explodes, and Mrs has to clear up brain from my office room.

Think i watch way too much Rip-off Britain !

That's the part I'm more scared of ! Call me paranoid, but, i can imagine being cyber interdicted, send Tesla the money, and it doesn't show up on your account... then speaking to Davide and saying... no, that isn't a Tesla account!
You could always send a small test payment to the account first & make sure it's deducted from your overall balance. My payment showed up very quickly, outside business hours (YMMV depending on bank of course). If the first payment is deducted from the total, you'll have some assurance you have the details correct.

Reactions: Snowy77
It's one of those things you check you have right bank / sort code, and check again and again and again, and again..... then just to be safe, check again, and again... Oh it's horrible! Then you drop £10 in and anxiously wait for the account update. Then you use the saved bank details to transfer the next chunk, but check again, and ag....

I already know I'll be terrible. Wish i could call Tesla and tell them to TAKE the money instead of me pushing it out :D 🤣

Has anyone picked up their car with a trade-in of a PCP car with payments remaining? My TA has said we bring the car, V5, keys, and an up to date settlement letter and then we pay Tesla the balance remaining on the trade-in car after they pay the trade-in value.

I'm going to be honest, this doesn't exactly fill me with confidence and I could see it working slightly better in non mass delivery times rather than in a herd of people at the NEC.

You could always send a small test payment to the account first & make sure it's deducted from your overall balance. My payment showed up very quickly, outside business hours (YMMV depending on bank of course). If the first payment is deducted from the total, you'll have some assurance you have the details correct.
Yeah that's absolutely the most sensible thing to do though. I assume Tesla doesn't care about the amount sent... There's not some admin person spamming F4, then manually references an account number with payment.... Think they'd black-list me for making 15,000 £1 payments lol

Then head explodes, and Mrs has to clear up brain from my office room.

Think i watch way too much Rip-off Britain !
To be honest I have walked into the bank and het them to do it for me. Will cost me £30 for a business transaction but am happy to swallow that.

• Helpful
Has anyone picked up their car with a trade-in of a PCP car with payments remaining? My TA has said we bring the car, V5, keys, and an up to date settlement letter and then we pay Tesla the balance remaining on the trade-in car after they pay the trade-in value.

I'm going to be honest, this doesn't exactly fill me with confidence and I could see it working slightly better in non mass delivery times rather than in a herd of people at the NEC.
I'm doing that this Friday with my ID.3. All the payment stuff is handled before pickup. You have to provide a PCP settlement statement letter from your existing provider at the time you upload a picture of your V5 to your account. I printed to PDF from my account section of the VWFS website, they accepted that with no quibbles. Tesla then calculate the balance you will have to pay, which you send via bank transfer. They say this has to be done at least 7 days before collection. I assume they then pay off your remaining finance once you have signed for the new car & given them your trade in vehicle.

I've completed all the steps & my balance to pay is zero. Just need to take the car, V5 & both keys to trade in.

Yeah that's absolutely the most sensible thing to do though. I assume Tesla doesn't care about the amount sent... There's not some admin person spamming F4, then manually references an account number with payment.... Think they'd black-list me for making 15,000 £1 payments lol
I paid the balance with four payments and no problems. First was a small one to check it went to the right place as you've suggested. Don't think any of them showed in my account until the next working day when paid out of hours - all showed within 24 hours though certainly. Just double check the bank details and your RN number as the payment reference and you'll be fine 👍

• Love
I paid the balance with four payments and no problems. First was a small one to check it went to the right place as you've suggested. Don't think any of them showed in my account until the next working day when paid out of hours - all showed within 24 hours though certainly. Just double check the bank details and your RN number as the payment reference and you'll be fine 👍
That's great information, appreciated. Was your first small payment, a tenner or £100 or something? 24hr timing is key info. Really appreciated.

Ordered M3 RWD in white with aero wheels. Placed order on the 25th of jan with leasing. Still not matched. Spoke to tesla multiple times via phone and chat was advised to wait for the text till we match you to a car. I was given March delivery but they can't give me an EDD as of yet and all i get is wait till you get matched. Anyone else experiencing the same answers with same specs?

Ordered M3 RWD in white with aero wheels. Placed order on the 25th of jan with leasing. Still not matched. Spoke to tesla multiple times via phone and chat was advised to wait for the text till we match you to a car. I was given March delivery but they can't give me an EDD as of yet and all i get is wait till you get matched. Anyone else experiencing the same answers with same specs?
Oh yes!! Its' most definitely a waiting game!

• Funny