Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys - I have not traded in so far, so this will be the first time I'm doing it and so was asking re the process - this is really helpful and all clear now. Cheers

In that case I misunderstood, so apologies to @Kansalis.

To start the process, go to your order in your account and hit the option to trade in a vehicle, they'll ask you for some details and provide a preliminary offer that's valid for 7 days.

Once you accept that offer they will get back in touch asking for pictures from specific angles that you upload and they will give you a final offer that's valid for 60 days.

If you accept that they'll ask you for scans of part of your V5 as well as a settlement letter if you have outstanding finance, at which point you're good to go on the actual trade-in.

They've been a bit slow sorting out the final offer stuff recently, I accepted the preliminary offer for my current car after about five days, but it was over a week before they started the process for the final offer. It was still valid for 60 days from when they made it and was the same as the preliminary one, so I effectively got an offer that was valid around 80 days, when in theory 67 should be the maximum.

Reactions: kompkar
Ordered M3 RWD in white with aero wheels. Placed order on the 25th of jan with leasing. Still not matched. Spoke to tesla multiple times via phone and chat was advised to wait for the text till we match you to a car. I was given March delivery but they can't give me an EDD as of yet and all i get is wait till you get matched. Anyone else experiencing the same answers with same specs?
Are you sure you were given March for that spec? I ordered the same spec on the same day with a leaseco and it was always May for delivery on the Tesla website, even for a few days before that.

If you chose a different colour or the bigger wheels it was March but the basic car in white was May.

Are you sure you were given March for that spec? I ordered the same spec on the same day with a leaseco and it was always May for delivery on the Tesla website, even for a few days before that.

If you chose a different colour or the bigger wheels it was March but the basic car in white was May.
I ordered my M3 RWD White with 19" wheels on 27th January via leasing co. The day before I checked with the Bristol Tesla folk and they told me only the larger wheel spec (RWD white) was available for March delivery. I was assured there were 'plenty' of those available though :)

I still have no EDD or any other info!

I ordered my M3 RWD White with 19" wheels on 27th January via leasing co. The day before I checked with the Bristol Tesla folk and they told me only the larger wheel spec (RWD white) was available for March delivery. I was assured there were 'plenty' of those available though :)

I still have no EDD or any other info!
Exactly the same as me. RWD/White/Black/19 ordered via Bristol store on 27th November. Still waiting for news.

Once I'd ordered, Bristol store confirmed the details including March fulfilment target. I've had one chat with the Tesla online chat - they just said it was still showing March as estimated delivery date. Just got to be patient
There are quite a few ships out there and I'm guessing there is still quite a bit of matching to be done for Q1. It seems patience is the name of the game 🤣

There are quite a few ships out there and I'm guessing there is still quite a bit of matching to be done for Q1. It seems patience is the name of the game 🤣
Have to say it’s a game I am not currently enjoying! A first world problem though I suppose.

Incidentally I spoke with Tesla today via the chat and it was confirmed to me that the matching of customers and VINs is done when the ship is in transit to its destination. No mention however of what stage in the journey this is shared with the customer however.

So looks like I might have to call Churchill back and go through the musical chairs route. Sheeesh
I’m in the same position and I have 16 March for pick up. My plan was to drive home on the assigned registration and then wait for the new log book. When that arrives change the registration and let my insurance broker know of the reg change. Just hope they don’t have kittens going to a M3 RWD from an E-Golf. Checking with Direct Line okay for me and partner both over 60 with clean driving licence.

Since placing my order in January. I have paid 2 more payments on my existing PCP with BMW. My settlement figure is changing month by month. I can’t upload a new settlement letter to Tesla. Do I just email the uk deliveries team with my new settlement letter?
I asked them about this too and was told that when you get closer to your delivery date they'll contact you to ask for the latest settlement letter - which must be valid for 14 days after you take delivery.

Reactions: Adam1983
Since placing my order in January. I have paid 2 more payments on my existing PCP with BMW. My settlement figure is changing month by month. I can’t upload a new settlement letter to Tesla. Do I just email the uk deliveries team with my new settlement letter?
I had the same issue. I contacted them via chat & they asked me to send a new settlement statement by email to [email protected], including my RN in the email. I'd suggest maybe emailing it & then trying to get someone on chat soon afterward to make sure it's processed, especially if you are getting close to your collection date.

Reactions: Adam1983

Yes, it definitely said March, i even confirmed this with my fleet manager who advised me it said March delivery on the system. Still waiting for the text...

I did mine over the phone (with Admiral) when asked that question I said I dont know but it can be tracked through the app, the lady didnt know either so went away to check, came back and said it counts as a tracker so added that
Oh great, thanks. I think it's better to call them. I did mine online and when I ticked tracker the quote showed as £1 and when I untick it went up to £1800. There must be something wrong considering the hug gap in price.