Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered back in November 4th 2021... I assumed that it would be impossible not to get the car by the end of March.
Now the TA is telling me that I should expect it by the end of June... because it's red...
Where do I sign up for the 'small violin club'?? 🥺
That’s not what I want to hear!
Ordered a red MY in Feb, was May delivery, then suddenly March delivery but now show May / June

I think we’ll need a large order of these small violins

• Funny
Reactions: iorgosg
Quick question, does anyone know if the MYLR for the UK will have the hardware for Matrix lights in the future. Trying to figure out if the projector lights are the hardware and tesla will update with software at a later date to enable, or if they will only ever be the MIG versions that will get them. And ideas?

They’ve had matrix lights for about a year now - my 2021 fremont SR+ had them in. So far they’re dumb, and they’re not super high res (think they’re samsung/hella 100 pixel units) and I’m not holding my breath on the active part. They don’t even give you a way to change the shape when you drive on the other side of the road!

Quarterly sales and delivery pushes are for car dealers and more importantly, most brands other than Tesla where vehicles are all 95% presold and matched within hours after production to hours after sailing of vessel transporting them and the remaining are ALL sold during the 3-4 weeks (depending on destination) sea voyage period. There are no unsold vehicles for any push to sale at the end of any quarter. The inventory cars that show up online are simply cancelled orders, remnants of delayed delivery rematches and finance refusals. Until now there have never been months with zero deliveries yet there are now for the first time no retail deliveries scheduled for several specific months and those are the months where entire production allocation has been presold to Int'l Hire Vehicle companies
Please read my words carefully. I am talking about the ability of Tesla to 'deliver' cars to customers, not about selling cars as Tesla can sell every car it makes. Tesla delivers cars to UK/EU customers on a quarterly basis, the UK sales figures show this. Out of 34,783 Tesla cars sold in the UK in 2021, 6,585 M3 were sold (registered) in March (#4 in chart), 5,486 M3 were sold in June (#1 in chart), 6,879 M3 were sold in September (#1 in chart) and 9,612 M3 were sold in December (#1 in chart). Tesla also managed to deliver 3,077 M3 in November 2021 (#3 in chart). So that leaves 3,162 Tesla cars that were sold across the remaining 7 months of 2021 (an average of <500 per month). And yes, there were several of these months with ZERO deliveries.
There will be no significant Tesla sales in the UK/EU in April 2022 because no ships will arrive from china with any cars to deliver. To arrive in April the ship must have sailed 4 weeks earlier in March, but all the cars being made in March are being delivered into the local Chinese market to be sold before the end of the quarter, which is why we have no Tesla sales in the UK/EU in April. Your speculation about production being for car hire companies is exactly that I suspect, speculation. No offence meant.

Reactions: CL65
There will be no significant Tesla sales in the UK/EU in April 2022 because no ships will arrive from china with any cars to deliver. To arrive in April the ship must have sailed 4 weeks earlier in March, but all the cars being made in March are being delivered into the local Chinese market to be sold before the end of the quarter, which is why we have no Tesla sales in the UK/EU in April. Your speculation about production being for car hire companies is exactly that I suspect, speculation. No offence meant.
Yes there will be no significant sales in April, but it’s looking like there won‘t be many in May or June either, Tesla’s estimated delivery jumped from March to August across Europe, essentially missing out Q2 except for the performance model. The reason for this is subject to speculation but supplying the large hire car orders fits.

Reactions: CL65
Yes there will be no significant sales in April, but it’s looking like there won‘t be many in May or June either, Tesla’s estimated delivery jumped from March to August across Europe, essentially missing out Q2 except for the performance model. The reason for this is subject to speculation but supplying the large hire car orders fits.
I have a performance on order and that is showing May so that fits with this.

Please read my words carefully. I am talking about the ability of Tesla to 'deliver' cars to customers, not about selling cars as Tesla can sell every car it makes. Tesla delivers cars to UK/EU customers on a quarterly basis, the UK sales figures show this. Out of 34,783 Tesla cars sold in the UK in 2021, 6,585 M3 were sold (registered) in March (#4 in chart), 5,486 M3 were sold in June (#1 in chart), 6,879 M3 were sold in September (#1 in chart) and 9,612 M3 were sold in December (#1 in chart). Tesla also managed to deliver 3,077 M3 in November 2021 (#3 in chart). So that leaves 3,162 Tesla cars that were sold across the remaining 7 months of 2021 (an average of <500 per month). And yes, there were several of these months with ZERO deliveries.
Yep, it's all about delivery (handover to customer, whether that be private buyer, lease-co, etc). From an accounting perspective you cannot count a sale as revenue (and impact income, profit etc) until the goods are actually handed over, regardless of when payment was/is made. How Tesla is doing it is actually pretty smart, as overall it is maximising deliveries in earlier quarters vs just randomly building for different markets. That makes their growth figures look better, which helps to entice investment, financing, media attention etc.

@Snowy77 I just had exactly the same thing happen. Mid March now pushed to end of May/June. Spoke to Thomas on chat and I now just need to keep an eye on inventory becoming available.

Anyone got any tips for when new inventory becomes available, was told daily but I can't face hitting refresh every two mins!

Ordered a White LR. Fingers crossed I can get something before that...
Sorry to hear that, happened to me and managed to speak with Paige on chat and got a car allocated. Have you tried the the Telegram app, it like Whats App, someone on here posted the group where it links to inventory and when it becomes available, it does work!!
Good luck and don't give up, maybe try calling as well, you eventually speak with someone.

Reactions: Snowy77
@Snowy77 I just had exactly the same thing happen. Mid March now pushed to end of May/June. Spoke to Thomas on chat and I now just need to keep an eye on inventory becoming available.

Anyone got any tips for when new inventory becomes available, was told daily but I can't face hitting refresh every two mins!

Ordered a White LR. Fingers crossed I can get something before that...
Sorry to hear that, happened to me and managed to speak with Paige on chat and got a car allocated. Have you tried the the Telegram app, it like Whats App, someone on here posted the group where it links to inventory and when it becomes available, it does work!!
Good luck and don't give up, maybe try calling as well, you eventually speak with someone.

Reactions: Snowy77
Love all the pics @jmhumphreys, sorry about the stone chip it's just the will of the gods sometimes. BUT I bet the journey home was phenomenal, and actually parking your own tesla at a supercharger for the first time must have felt like some kind of rite of passage!

Spectacular and ageless looking cars.

Lucked out on spare cars I think. When the March wave comes, perhaps there might be some stragglers that I got to keep my eye out for.. It might be due to having quite a generally popular white / black spec that I'm unable to grapple something sooner... BUT then I feel bad that if I did if i'd be denying someone else, sipping cocktails at the violin club bar. I can live with MAY, and I'm hoping to hear back something mid April (according to the chaps I have spoken with). Just need to get through March, and things should start to happen. I do find hearing all your stories here a booster, keep the pics coming, I'm loving them all 😍

Grats to everyone having picked up or picking up their cars this week!

1646043155530.png

Love all the pics @jmhumphreys, sorry about the stone chip it's just the will of the gods sometimes. BUT I bet the journey home was phenomenal, and actually parking your own tesla at a supercharger for the first time must have felt like some kind of rite of passage!

Spectacular and ageless looking cars.

Lucked out on spare cars I think. When the March wave comes, perhaps there might be some stragglers that I got to keep my eye out for.. It might be due to having quite a generally popular white / black spec that I'm unable to grapple something sooner... BUT then I feel bad that if I did if i'd be denying someone else, sipping cocktails at the violin club bar. I can live with MAY, and I'm hoping to hear back something mid April (according to the chaps I have spoken with). Just need to get through March, and things should start to happen.
One here perhaps;