Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Craig new? I've also just finished a chat with him asking why my EDD moved and why people with the same specification who ordered weeks after me now have agreed pickup times.

His answer was basically, "Nothing I can do about that, guv".

Looks like I'm Q2 now, then. On the plus side, there's no sign of the 2nd hand prices dropping off any time soon so I may well have slightly more equity.

Hi All. Could anyone assist with how long people have waited for delivery texts?

Ordered M3LR (black/standard) via Lex Leasing at beginning of February; estimated delivery date end March. RN text sent 3/2; “on the way” text 23/2. Am I right that text to select delivery date should be coming some time this week?
I never got an "on the way". Just got RN on 28/Jan then "Your Model 3 is due for delivery on 24 March" yesterday. Shame I'm not here on 24th, hopefully they can change it to 28th for me, or just leave it in my drive would also be fine :)

t

they defo saw you coming, hey dont blame you cos i wanted non-white paint and it wasnt going to be delivered any earlier, stupid as i think they have lots of white ones waiting to be sold, but want to force paint extra add on for earlier delivery
Whats odd is that white is double coated pearl white, with any othet manufacturer you will be paying premium for it but in tesla its the other way around. That is free and the other paints you ll have to pay for. Elon’s mind works ina different way to others.

I have had choice of 29,30 and 31st March from Trafford Centre. Booked 29th earliest possible date :D
Same here. Hadn’t heard anything but assumed as my order (NHS lease) was submitted 2nd feb I would be waiting til July (given to lease company). Brief chat with Paige on chat and I had already been matched and I also now pick up from Trafford centre on 29th March.

Just had some interesting news... maybe Tesla did me a favor delaying my order. Our company just introduced a salary sacrifice scheme for EVs.. Including Tesla. Now just scrambling to see just exactly what it means (or could mean). Has anyone here got their car through salary sacrifice? Even just being able to dodge some of that tax makes it a well worthwhile prop!

Just had some interesting news... maybe Tesla did me a favor delaying my order. Our company just introduced a salary sacrifice scheme for EVs.. Including Tesla. Now just scrambling to see just exactly what it means (or could mean). Has anyone here got their car through salary sacrifice? Even just being able to dodge some of that tax makes it a well worthwhile prop!
I think quite a few on us are in salary sacrifice. Its tax and ni efficient and one payment covers car /insurance/tax/maintenance/roadside assistance. Mine also covers my tyres for general wear and tear. Also like the fact that I do not have to pay deposits upfront and it does not reflect on your credit file.

Reactions: Spottytiger
I've got mine through SS @Snowy77. Collecting it on March 9th :)

Exactly the same as @Cooksmaster1... everything included, even the tyres etc.

That's pretty good to be fair. If you had been a private buyer, are the savings significant?
If you are are leasing as a private buyers in the current market and lets say are placing a factory order. The amount that you will pay per month just for the car alone(without insurance/services/maintenance/roadside assistance etc) will most likely be more than the net monthly that you will pay on salary sacrifice. Plus you get to save the deposit.

That's awesome!

Darned company. Investment banks can be very slow off the ground.

I have a horrible choice now. Do I wait for the scheme to launch, or, do i go ahead as planned.... If savings are extreme it may be worth waiting... oh I dont' know.... where's the whiskey o_O
Patience is a virtue haha. Fyi you might be looking at august delivery if you go through work assuming the scheme has nit gone live. But yup i think you might save a good 100-150 a month.

• Helpful
Reactions: Snowy77