Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 18th Feb with original EDD of August which quickly moved to May / June and then last week moved to 18th to 30th March.

Text on Wednesday to say my car is on its way and another text today to choose a delivery day.

29th March at Trafford Centre it is then.

Just have to decide whether or not to take the Tesla trade in offer or sell the car myself and of course start ordering mats and other essential accessories.
I’m collecting M3 from Trafford Centre on 29th too 😃 counting every day

Reactions: Freds Dad
Hello. Thanks for all the info on here. I’m new to Tesla so it’s a little different to any car purchase I’ve made in the past.

I’m due to collect my M3RWD from Southampton on Tuesday morning but have had little comms from Tesla other than a text for the collection schedule and confirmation of the reg. I’m guessing it’s on the ship that’s docking today unless that is too fast a turnaround.

One question, does the car location/status pop-up in the app prior to collection or only after you have collected the car?

I am getting a car through Zenith also, but don't expect them to know much more. I have been given a pick update (not a delivery) and a registration, and Zenith knew nothing about this until I told them.

Originally I ordered the end of January, the tesla ordering page said new orders would have an EDD of March, Zenith said May once they placed the order

Tesla would not tell me anything on the chat, just kept saying speak to the lease company, as they are not authorized to talk to me.
I haven't had much from zenith either when I have tried before now. I got a text from Tesla to say congrats on my order but not given an EED from anyone. Congrats text was 04/03 and I think ordering page on the website said November but hopefully not going to be that long!
.'

What’s the point of the green stickers on the 20” wheels? I’ve taken them off but it seems an odd thing for Tesla not to remove.
They're used when mounting tyres on the rims. You may have noticed they align with a red dot on the tyre. Presumably there's some kind of matching going on to ensure the tyre/rim combination is already partly balanced before lead weights are added. I guess it minimises the amount of lead required to fully balance a wheel, and saves Elon some money in the process.

Reactions: ProbablyJames
Good luck to everyone getting their cars today. Got my M3 yesterday and it went very smoothly, apart from the charge level which was only 14% but they guys top it up to 38% whilst I was waiting which was well enough for me.
Unfortunately the weather in Southampton was foul, rainy and windy so only managed to get couple of quick snaps of the place. The guys were planning today as it seems it’s going to be busy.
Southampton had loads of Tesla’s, many unregistered driving around from the workshops to the parking lots. Hundreds awaiting collection and I guess delivery to other hubs.
The delivery hub itself was a little marquee tent with a black M3 I’m it and couple of chairs. There was some cans of Fanta, a coffee machine and M3 frunk full of little packets of Jaffa cakes.
I was there an about 45 mins early as had arranged collection in a nearby location of my Skoda which I sold though Motorway. They didn’t seem to mind though.
I was told to go and check the car, come back and let them know any concerns and then I would sign for it. I was happy with the car, honestly could not find anything wrong with it. Signed for the car and my Tesla app got activated. Drove home in the pouring rain and spray. Camera’s got calibrated and did a little stretch at the end with autopilot despite little rain. No phantom breaks, although kept foot on pedal just in case. The acceleration in the RWD is great and it’s very responsive. We’ve already got electric Corsa which is great and very nippy but the Tesla is a lot faster and absolutely enough for me.
My 2 daughters and I had a great explore of the many games in the afternoon and they loved the car.
Overall, very happy with the whole delivery day experience and looking forward to many miles of happy electric motoring.
Great write-up, when I looked at your third picture I thought there had been a glitch in the Matrix as the two identical white M3s at first glance appear to have the same reg...!

It’s not hugely different but the difference is due to subsidies. The price being paid before taxes and subsidies is pretty much, if not, the same across all countries. Not even sure why this topic is being discussed tbh.
The reason for the discussion was that a person claimed erroneously that Tesla only increased the price two days ago by 1000 pound while they have increased it by 3500 pound a substantial and most they have increased in one go. Someone else asked why? and the reply was because they can, its supply and demand. Oddly the demand doesn't care how crazy the price is. No manufacturer would ever dream of increasing its price within a single 12-months period by 10,000 pound, no one would buy their product yet Tesla does exactly that and no once seem to care about their hard-earned money. The Tesla 1-motor standard has increased more than 10,000 in a single year

Good luck to everyone getting their cars today. Got my M3 yesterday and it went very smoothly, apart from the charge level which was only 14% but they guys top it up to 38% whilst I was waiting which was well enough for me.
Unfortunately the weather in Southampton was foul, rainy and windy so only managed to get couple of quick snaps of the place. The guys were planning today as it seems it’s going to be busy.
Southampton had loads of Tesla’s, many unregistered driving around from the workshops to the parking lots. Hundreds awaiting collection and I guess delivery to other hubs.
The delivery hub itself was a little marquee tent with a black M3 I’m it and couple of chairs. There was some cans of Fanta, a coffee machine and M3 frunk full of little packets of Jaffa cakes.
I was there an about 45 mins early as had arranged collection in a nearby location of my Skoda which I sold though Motorway. They didn’t seem to mind though.
I was told to go and check the car, come back and let them know any concerns and then I would sign for it. I was happy with the car, honestly could not find anything wrong with it. Signed for the car and my Tesla app got activated. Drove home in the pouring rain and spray. Camera’s got calibrated and did a little stretch at the end with autopilot despite little rain. No phantom breaks, although kept foot on pedal just in case. The acceleration in the RWD is great and it’s very responsive. We’ve already got electric Corsa which is great and very nippy but the Tesla is a lot faster and absolutely enough for me.
My 2 daughters and I had a great explore of the many games in the afternoon and they loved the car.
Overall, very happy with the whole delivery day experience and looking forward to many miles of happy electric motoring.
Thanks for the info,very helpful. Has it got lumber support buttons both sides? If so do they work? 🤔

The reason for the discussion was that a person claimed erroneously that Tesla only increased the price two days ago by 1000 pound while they have increased it by 3500 pound a substantial and most they have increased in one go. Someone else asked why? and the reply was because they can, its supply and demand. Oddly the demand doesn't care how crazy the price is. No manufacturer would ever dream of increasing its price within a single 12-months period by 10,000 pound, no one would buy their product yet Tesla does exactly that and no once seem to care about their hard-earned money. The Tesla 1-motor standard has increased more than 10,000 in a single year
As someone that works in the industry it’s due to raw material prices. This will impact everyone (depending on duties and taxes will affect by how much). At least Tesla is still getting supply at the moment, Porsche has had to stop their production lines and VW are pausing some of theirs as well.

For a start you haven't added the £935 delivery and £55 first registration fee (£990)!

The price you would pay for a no added option model 3 LR today would be £51990.

Also your claim that it went up £3500 in one hit is simply incorrect!

The price increased by £2000 a couple of days ago, it was previously £49990.

And on October 27th last year the price went up from £48490 to £49990, and increase of £1500.

I recall this very well, because I had ordered my RWD (SR+) the evening before at the old price of £40990.

The following day this went up £1000, and the LR by £1500! 👍

We were using the base price (excluding options, delivery, reg fee, etc). So between Oct 21 price went up £1500 and Feb 22 (4-months later) the price went up £1000. That's a total £3500 in 4-months. Assume no one finds that irregular

Not sure what you are trying to say. We were comparing only base price which has increased, there was no increased in extras (options, delivery, reg fee)
I think he is saying that the base price should include the deliver fee etc as that’s included on the base price on the website. The invoice breaks it down but website price includes it.

Delivery fee isn’t a fee you can’t take off.. it’s like VAT, maybe in your Interpretation of base price should remove that too?

Anyone else in the WN22 club?

Going to be a long two weeks, especially now I have my charger installed and insurance sorted!

Great time to be joining the Tesla club with fuel costs and even the car costs shooting up. All I need now is my existing car to go up value in the next two weeks but I don’t think I will get that lucky.

Anyone else in the WN22 club?

Going to be a long two weeks, especially now I have my charger installed and insurance sorted!

Great time to be joining the Tesla club with fuel costs and even the car costs shooting up. All I need now is my existing car to go up value in the next two weeks but I don’t think I will get that lucky.
Another WN22 here, delivery on Friday. Wife cannot wait so I’ll stop talking about it.