Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you find it compared to the M2? I have an M2 myself (keeping for track car) but curious what a fellow owner’s thoughts are? :)
I didn't have the M2 for long (less than a year), as needed 2 rear doors for relatives I often transported, so switched to M140i around 4 years ago. Didn't track either car and haven't tested the M3P yet in the twisties.

From what I remember, the OG M2 allowed more slip and was more playful, whereas M3P is clinical in its acceleration and instant in delivery. I haven't played around with track mode yet though. It does grip well and steering surprisingly direct. Regen braking takes some getting used to. For road use it is effortless speed. I should imagine less edgy in the winter and slippery conditions than the M2 and more usable.

I do miss the noise and manual shifting, but maybe not as much as I thought so far. Maybe my years are catching up a bit. For tracking though, the M2 would undoubtedly give far more visceral thrills.

I didn't have the M2 for long (less than a year), as needed 2 rear doors for relatives I often transported, so switched to M140i around 4 years ago. Didn't track either car and haven't tested the M3P yet in the twisties.

From what I remember, the OG M2 allowed more slip and was more playful, whereas M3P is clinical in its acceleration and instant in delivery. I haven't played around with track mode yet though. It does grip well and steering surprisingly direct. Regen braking takes some getting used to. For road use it is effortless speed. I should imagine less edgy in the winter and slippery conditions than the M2 and more usable.

I do miss the noise and manual shifting, but maybe not as much as I thought so far. Maybe my years are catching up a bit. For tracking though, the M2 would undoubtedly give far more visceral thrills.
Thanks man, interesting to hear your thoughts :) I am collecting my M3P on Wednesday so going to be interesting to drive them back-to-back.

Thanks 😉
Haha I saw your car! Red looks great, enjoy it!!
Ha think I drove past your car. Thanks, likewise! 😉
Thanks man, interesting to hear your thoughts :) I am collecting my M3P on Wednesday so going to be interesting to drive them back-to-back.
Nice! 😎 They are very different cars. Girlfriend and family much more accepting of M3P than M2 or M140i, expecially with exhaust and tighter back seating of the older cars. Would have liked to have kept both, but can't justify it really. Congrats in advance!

Cheers @JOL1 - i was starting to get worried at 5pm for a 1026am ti 1426 delivery. BUT, delivery was good once it arrived. The anyvans guys are doing 500 miles a day delivery Teslas. Mental. So, all fine, Ryzen chip, but i‘m not sure i have heated wheel and rear seats….
Relax and enjoy.I am sure you will figure out the heated seats and steering wheel.....they must be there

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
Did I read further up that it can take 24hrs for the app to start working with the car?

When I arrived to collect my car this morning it was tucked out of the way with the techs, who were doing a recall/check on the charging port. I think they said that it needed a software update to sync with the app, which I did when I got home and connected to wifi. It's all up-to-date now.

They then had to email me the acceptance, which I accepted before getting the keys. My account is totally out-of-sync, now showing expected delivery March 12 - 19. Almost as if they think I didn't collect it.

I'm also waiting for the premium connectivity to appear.
Similar happened to me with the out of sync account and not in app etc. by the next morning the car had shown the update in the screen and after going through that on the screen and driving it all came on line.
Good luck.

So Bluewater collection yesterday went relatively well (AWD LR) Reg I had been supplied with previously was incorrect… panic stations, had to call insurance company and give them the correct reg. unfortunately I’m no longer a GJ crew member, now AF… anyway the car is incredible, no issues that I’ve found so far. Had around 20% SOC on collection. The team at Bluewater were very friendly, shame no free coffee tho 😊 Double glazed front windows, Ryzen, new tail lights, mud flap extensions in the boot. I’m a happy chappie.

Attachments

• EF2F633E-8477-4835-85AF-975A3FF05875.jpeg
    EF2F633E-8477-4835-85AF-975A3FF05875.jpeg
    769.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 3367D45D-9996-44B8-8307-E9D23D3A5767.jpeg
    3367D45D-9996-44B8-8307-E9D23D3A5767.jpeg
    418.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 98A804A6-6E51-464E-8CDF-26D5271CE5F2.jpeg
    98A804A6-6E51-464E-8CDF-26D5271CE5F2.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 6F17A265-24AD-4D9A-BFAC-6CEA0A6F459B.jpeg
    6F17A265-24AD-4D9A-BFAC-6CEA0A6F459B.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 376E372A-F353-42D5-8509-E1BE05CCAC80.jpeg
    376E372A-F353-42D5-8509-E1BE05CCAC80.jpeg
    438.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 4E3ABC0C-42EB-45F9-9186-0CE6DEB5E367.jpeg
    4E3ABC0C-42EB-45F9-9186-0CE6DEB5E367.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Picked up my M3 Blue RWD today!
I noticed lot's of Blue cars from AF22 club :D

1) Everything seemed fine except that small panel gap on the rear left side. I checked all the cars around and all of them have the same issue.
2) The car was pretty dirty outside (this is its first picture) and due to staff shortage and rain? I guess they did not clean them. I found some chips in the bonnet as well. However, I did not check for scratches as I wanted to drive it asap!
3) Every spec I saw on the forum matches my cars', so at least the car has consistent build (not like 2021 LR December batches)
4) Charge was at 26%, so I was not able to make it home. I found a Tesla supercharger on the way home. Found out that one of the superchargers is out of order and there is a queue for charging! Spent like an hour to find an opportunity to charge my car ☹️ It charged 50% in less than 20 mins!

Amazing drive quality. I could feel the lower acceleration compared to 2021 SR+ model. Still, very happy with my car. Good luck to you all!

View attachment 779939
I am so excited to get by blue RWD in 10 days.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
I always thought the new lights were ok for single carriageways - they drop down fairly well and then curve uk at the left for pavements/verges

However I had a model 3 behind me in the lane to my right yesterday and that was very bright in my mirrors - the left bulge would be right where I am so on a multi lane road anyone to your left would have more light in their eyes

Just some random information for the group for us newbie owners - the headlights. I was flashed six times last night as drivers of on coming cars thought I had high beam on. Headlights are fantastic but other drivers aren’t so happy 😜

Quick photo below to show how delivery is done.
Headlights shouldn’t be blinding oncoming cars. The headlights probabaly need adjusting to the correct level. Yes, they sometimes come from factory with incorrect levels. Remote appointment should be able to fix easily.

So Bluewater collection yesterday went relatively well (AWD LR) Reg I had been supplied with previously was incorrect… panic stations, had to call insurance company and give them the correct reg. unfortunately I’m no longer a GJ crew member, now AF… anyway the car is incredible, no issues that I’ve found so far. Had around 20% SOC on collection. The team at Bluewater were very friendly, shame no free coffee tho 😊 Double glazed front windows, Ryzen, new tail lights, mud flap extensions in the boot. I’m a happy chappie.
Wow very jealous!! So beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Danmaku