Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A question for those who have picked up RWD 3s recently.. do you have your heated steering wheel and rear seats?

I’ve had the car since Monday, even got a software update last night but still no heated rears/wheel.
I’m EXACTLY the same @Stumbleine - had an update last night, still nothing. I’m hoping its a further update as we have Ryzen and double glaze windows - so ‘new’ model

Reactions: Stumbleine
Have you rung Tesla about it? They are listed as part of the spec so if they aren’t there they need to sort it.
I’ve got a service call in at the moment as my charging cable doesn’t work with my charger. I’ve a VW ID3 and that cable happily works with the car - but the tesla one doesn’t. So I’ve asked for a replacement or a reason! Might whack this in with them at the same time….I’ll let you know

I’ve got a service call in at the moment as my charging cable doesn’t work with my charger. I’ve a VW ID3 and that cable happily works with the car - but the tesla one doesn’t. So I’ve asked for a replacement or a reason! Might whack this in with them at the same time….I’ll let you know
Ahh ok @Rgascoigne71 , good to know I’m not alone.

I’ve also already got a service appt organised to sort a chip that was on the front bumper when delivered but that’s not until mid April. I’m only a few mins from my local SC so I might just pop over there tomorrow and have a chat with them. I’ll report back if I make any progress.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
Talking of which, has anone else named their Tesla? Some aren't bothered too much and just leave it as 'Tesla', but others bring personality and give it a name! My daughter is a huge Frozen fan, and as soon as she saw a white model 3 a few weeks prior to ordering, she said "Daddy, if you get one can it be white and called Snowy?" It's kinda cute so let it stick. Someone else I know called their car 'Frank'.. after Frank Zappa.. I guess the link to electric is buried in there somewhere 😆..

Kinda curious if you guys named your ones..
Oh yes! I did a family poll and my favourite won 🤣 Shadowfax was the winning name (after Gandalf's trusted white steed in Lord of the Rings) 🤣😂🤣😂 Classic Gandalf line: "Shadowfax, show us the meaning of haste"

Just wondering if you got a delivery date before this txt or are still waiting. I have delivery date but no nearly here txt yet
same, collection is next week, no reg sms yet
although i had an email which said "priortise" your delivery by providing trade-in details (pg 3 of V5)

what do they do with the V5 before having seen the car?
Im worried that the terms and conditions say that they can request the money back, charge you for repairs etc
they want two keys, floor mats etc all in?
is this realistic?

same, collection is next week, no reg sms yet
although i had an email which said "priortise" your delivery by providing trade-in details (pg 3 of V5)

what do they do with the V5 before having seen the car?
Im worried that the terms and conditions say that they can request the money back, charge you for repairs etc
they want two keys, floor mats etc all in?
is this realistic?
Taken from the Trade in T&Cs

e. Unless otherwise agreed in writing upon appraisal of the Trade in Vehicle, the Seller agrees to deliver the Trade-in Vehicle to Tesla with all standard accessories including but not limited to: i. floor mats, ii. charging connectors and adapters, iii. parcel shelves, iv. storage nets, v. two sets of keys, vi. original wheels on summer tires, and vii. original wheels on winter tires (only applicable to Norway, Finland and Sweden).

I think its also a minimum 1 months MOT

Reactions: Snowy77
Taken from the Trade in T&Cs

e. Unless otherwise agreed in writing upon appraisal of the Trade in Vehicle, the Seller agrees to deliver the Trade-in Vehicle to Tesla with all standard accessories including but not limited to: i. floor mats, ii. charging connectors and adapters, iii. parcel shelves, iv. storage nets, v. two sets of keys, vi. original wheels on summer tires, and vii. original wheels on winter tires (only applicable to Norway, Finland and Sweden).

I think its also a minimum 1 months MOT

What cheek! iii. parcel shelves

Try negotiating that requirement with a new Model Y owner 🤣😊

Of course I am in jest, coffee has kicked in. Happy Friday !

Reactions: SaltyMod3
So the delivery happened yesterday, 24 hours later than expected after the e-signature cock-up.

Much nicer day for it anyway!

My white M3 LR had 38% charge, no obvious faults, drives beautifully. It's been 4 months since my expensive test drive (expensive in that I bought the car) and my first impressions then were bang on. It's just a lovely car to drive. Quieter than I remember, less road and wind noise than my current BMW 320 Touring, and of course no engine noise. The suspension is firmer than the BMW is in Comfort setting, about the same as Sport setting. Definitely not harsh. Having had a few sports cars, this feels like a sports car.

How is the V5 handled? Do I get it in the post? Forgot to ask at delivery.

Mine came yesterday. Five days after delivery. Was actually quite useful to confirm the Variant and Version information (for battery and motor type) and that it was against the V21 EU certification.

V5C.jpeg

Reactions: SaltyMod3
So the delivery happened yesterday, 24 hours later than expected after the e-signature cock-up.

Much nicer day for it anyway!

My white M3 LR had 38% charge, no obvious faults, drives beautifully. It's been 4 months since my expensive test drive (expensive in that I bought the car) and my first impressions then were bang on. It's just a lovely car to drive. Quieter than I remember, less road and wind noise than my current BMW 320 Touring, and of course no engine noise. The suspension is firmer than the BMW is in Comfort setting, about the same as Sport setting. Definitely not harsh. Having had a few sports cars, this feels like a sports car.

Am I being stupid here. Why would the suspension firmness change with the settings?

I’m EXACTLY the same @Stumbleine - had an update last night, still nothing. I’m hoping its a further update as we have Ryzen and double glaze windows - so ‘new’ model
I collected my RWD on 10th March and it definitely has both heated steering wheel and rear seats. Out of interest, when you bring up the climate control screen do you see the heated steering wheel button on the lower centre beside the heated wiper button and when you touch the 'Rear' button do you see the rear seats with wavy lines on them?

Like the manual shows: "Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla"