Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: milesr3
Just speaking from experience here- The estimated date you see when you first order is a sort of 'target' date for you to get the car. This is what I'd probably consider to be the organic delivery date. Tesla (depending on availability and a lot of ethereal factors) sometimes draw your numbers in a lottery and you'll end up getting a call or your ETA shifting on your account. If you're ready for a car this is awesome! If not, sometimes can be a bit too soon especially if you have stuff going on or simply not ready.

Two ways to delay an order.. the NOT advised way is to leave your order open, and keep rejecting cars... don't do this, once or twice but more than that and... well, probably not good to find out 😉

The preferred way is to put a match hold until date X. You do this by speaking to Tesla and explicitly ask for a match hold until say, Q3 or Q4 if you happy to be non specific. Then you will see a message on your account .... ON HOLD until.... September 28th (or something). Rule of thumb is if you're within your organic ETA there are no issues.. it's if you ask for a match hold until 6 months after your original ETA they will likely cancel your order, give you your deposit back, and ask you to reorder when you're ready.. losing you a place in the queue.

We notice that the first month of the quarter is shipping month.. so it looks like Tesla fulfil local market during the last month of the Quarter. So we generally see a gap; a no delivery gap during the first month of the quarter when ships are in transit. April for instance, no arrivals in Southampton; BUT you betcha there are ships incoming from Shanghai from the start of April. Transit time of about a month. I have an ETA of May 9th - 21st or something, but this should coincide with a very early May delivery....

Anyway back to match hold. When you have a match hold, you're still in the queue (as advised by a Tesla rep). The nearer your organic date is the higher in the queue you are. You don't lose your place as you order date will keep you good. So if you saw March 2023, likely your car will be shipped and matched sometime in January. You need to stop the match hold or ask for the hold to lift sometime in January. This way you should be allocated something during the February shipping.. You could get lucky and Tesla will call you to say you have a match, but it's at this point you can choose to take it or decline, and you'll get matched again in the next ship.

In short, try to lift a match hold at the end of the shipping cycle the quarter before, if you want to snag a car at the start of the next Quarter. I.e. February for a May delivery (like me) - (no cars shipped from Shanghai in March, so February is too late for the Q1 deliveries, but plenty of time to be in line for Q2s).

I'd start here but keep in touch with your Tesla rep. I left mine a little too late and missed March... Since there are no deliveries in April, I have snagged the first of the Q2 ships 👍

It's a friends birthday today, so I have had way too much to drink.. hope I sort of make sense. I'll probably re-read this tomorrow and WTF myself lol 🤯😵‍💫🤣
@Snowy77 , thanks a lot for the share of your experiences!🙂

Please don't machine polish your own, brand new, expensive car if you haven't done it before. Find a professional detailer or open a service request in the app if your car is showing signs of careless preparation.
I genuinely wonder if you deliberately request that they DO NOT wash your car, that they'll not bugger up the paint for your collection. In all fairness I'd rather clean myself and pick up dirty than have someone sandpaper it with a gritty chamois an hour before pick up.

Reactions: DanielSon
I've just got the text message . . . Your car is ready for collection . . . . Please note we cannot guarantee the level of charge etc.,

There are many things about the customer buying process of a Tesla that I don't loike but accept lots of it because it's THEIR business model and I accept that because of the nature of that model the car may not have a full charge on collection but frankly I think it is an appauling disgrace thatt they don't follow that message with . . . 'but you are welcome to a free self top up from the Supercharger before you leave'.

In my life I have collected more than a dozen new cars and EVERY car ame with a full tank - is that too much to ask!!!

I've just got the text message . . . Your car is ready for collection . . . . Please note we cannot guarantee the level of charge etc.,

There are many things about the customer buying process of a Tesla that I don't loike but accept lots of it because it's THEIR business model and I accept that because of the nature of that model the car may not have a full charge on collection but frankly I think it is an appauling disgrace thatt they don't follow that message with . . . 'but you are welcome to a free self top up from the Supercharger before you leave'.

In my life I have collected more than a dozen new cars and EVERY car ame with a full tank - is that too much to ask!!!
Agree, even if it's a token £10 charging credit. It may not be a 'full tank' but it's at least.... token 😁

agree
- V5c and both keys, if trading in a vehicle - has anyone traded in a car with 1 key?

Anyone know the lead time on a Gen 3 wall charger? there's nothing on Tesla site and we all know how good they are at responding to emails!!!
I had mine delivered next day. But then I realised, that I could have saved up to £150 if I bought one from eBay. They are selling them for around £300 unboxed compare to £449 on Tesla.

Attachments

• CA170611-C653-4E00-837F-52D1EB4C48BA.jpeg
    CA170611-C653-4E00-837F-52D1EB4C48BA.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 65