Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just got the text message . . . Your car is ready for collection . . . . Please note we cannot guarantee the level of charge etc.,

There are many things about the customer buying process of a Tesla that I don't loike but accept lots of it because it's THEIR business model and I accept that because of the nature of that model the car may not have a full charge on collection but frankly I think it is an appauling disgrace thatt they don't follow that message with . . . 'but you are welcome to a free self top up from the Supercharger before you leave'.

In my life I have collected more than a dozen new cars and EVERY car ame with a full tank - is that too much to ask!!!

They do not want you to collect your vehicle with a full tank of EV juice. Why, because if they do and the vehicle is at 100% the first thing that the brand new EV customer will say is why do you advertise the vehicle having 374 miles and on full charge it only shows 340 miles, that's deceiving and false advertising. That places them in the uncomfortable position to explain "we only advertise an estimate range, you are smart enough to study and figure that out your self."

Last edited:
Reactions: greenbottle123
In
Since they are not doing a good job at cleaning or charging
Has anyone arrived and taken delivery 1 hour before scheduled time?
I spoke to call centre and they said if I arrive within an hour of the time slot then they should be ok about it. He said if you arrive several hours before then they will probably tell you to come back later… my train comes in 30 mins before my appointment so I’ll be there 30 mins before and he said that’s absolutely fine.

They do not want you to collect your vehicle with a full tank of EV juice. Why, because if they do and the vehicle is at 100% the first thing that the brand new EV customer will say is why do you advertise the vehicle having 374 miles and on full charge it only shows 340 miles, that's deceiving and false advertising. That places them in the uncomfortable position to explain "we only advertise an estimate range, you are smart enough to study and figure that out your self."
Nonsense. They advertise the WLTP range just as they are required to do by law when trading in the UK. They have no control over the parameters of WLTP testing. It’s a similar requirement as for ICE vehicles … and the resulting numbers are similarly different to many people’s real life experience.

Reactions: JOL1 and dilly28
Thanks. Next job is to get rid of the stupid double-stacked number plate holder.
I did just that and found a great company where you can get shaped plates that you can part design the backgrounds and trims.
http://fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk/
Great service and quality, comes in a nice presentation box with certificate etc. not cheap but v good quality.
4DD0EE76-BA96-4FAC-BEF0-869F8D669E3B.jpeg

Electric is way cheaper than petrol - your dealer giving a full tank of fuel paying a third party will cost them £50? Tesla could give you 24 hrs complimentary supercharging for reassurance for a fraction of that cost.
The issue is about the practicalities though, a dealer probably only delivers a few new cars a day and filling them up takes a minute. Tesla delivery centres have loads going through them and do shifting cars around and allowing 30-45 minutes for them each to charge simply isn’t practical in most cases.

The issue is about the practicalities though, a dealer probably only delivers a few new cars a day and filling them up takes a minute. Tesla delivery centres have loads going through them and do shifting cars around and allowing 30-45 minutes for them each to charge simply isn’t practical in most cases.
Isn't there still a referral program going on too? So you can theoretically nab a free 1000 miles (is it still that?) simply by googling a referral code? To me, that would negate a 20% charge on pickup (though, to be quite frank, I'm not one who really cares about that stuff. I've picked up plenty of cars with half/quarter/third full/etc. tanks and never really gave it too much thought. No point getting hung up on such trivial things (in my mind, I know everyone's minds are different)).

Reminds me actually, I would like to add a referral code to my order (if it's still possible) but cannot see where I can do it. Can anyone help?

Isn't there still a referral program going on too? So you can theoretically nab a free 1000 miles (is it still that?) simply by googling a referral code? To me, that would negate a 20% charge on pickup (though, to be quite frank, I'm not one who really cares about that stuff. I've picked up plenty of cars with half/quarter/third full/etc. tanks and never really gave it too much thought. No point getting hung up on such trivial things (in my mind, I know everyone's minds are different)).

Reminds me actually, I would like to add a referral code to my order (if it's still possible) but cannot see where I can do it. Can anyone help?
Referral program for cars ended in September last year.

Reactions: JOL1
I did just that and found a great company where you can get shaped plates that you can part design the backgrounds and trims.
http://fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk/
Great service and quality, comes in a nice presentation box with certificate etc. not cheap but v good quality. View attachment 784300
Isn't there something in the MOT rules about having plate manufacturer and BS number on the plate? You could of course swap them over before the MOT.

I had the most frustrating conversations on the Tesla Live Chat this morning.

I ordered my M3, White, Black Interior, Aeros on 9th December. Lease company kept giving me random dates it would here by (which I'm sure were all just made up). It went from 28th February to 15th March, now 15th April even though Tesla say it won't be til May-June. I was told February when I ordered back in December.

Anyway, one of these exact models came up in the inventory this morning, which is rare. Less than 50 mil on the clock. I got onto Tesla live chat straight away and Craig came back with that they couldn't match me to this vehicle as it is more expensive. It is literally the same car! He tells me it's because of the recent price increases that they couldn't match me to it. I even asked whether I could just pay the difference and they tell me not. How stupid- it's literally the same car. I don't get it at all. He says I'll have to wait for the 'official matching process'. Just match me then, there's literally a car available with no one matched to it. I find the whole Tesla process so cumbersome and tiring. Makes you really feel like saying just forget it, but then I'm well aware it's just spiting myself then.

Reactions: JOL1
I had the most frustrating conversations on the Tesla Live Chat this morning.

I ordered my M3, White, Black Interior, Aeros on 9th December. Lease company kept giving me random dates it would here by (which I'm sure were all just made up). It went from 28th February to 15th March, now 15th April even though Tesla say it won't be til May-June. I was told February when I ordered back in December.

Anyway, one of these exact models came up in the inventory this morning, which is rare. Less than 50 mil on the clock. I got onto Tesla live chat straight away and Craig came back with that they couldn't match me to this vehicle as it is more expensive. It is literally the same car! He tells me it's because of the recent price increases that they couldn't match me to it. I even asked whether I could just pay the difference and they tell me not. How stupid- it's literally the same car. I don't get it at all. He says I'll have to wait for the 'official matching process'. Just match me then, there's literally a car available with no one matched to it. I find the whole Tesla process so cumbersome and tiring. Makes you really feel like saying just forget it, but then I'm well aware it's just spiting myself then.
Yeah I know it's a tough one. I'm in the same, a few identicals last week. No dice. The only thing left to do is wait a week or two for the May deliveries to leave Shanghai, and see if you get a match whilst it's in transit. May deliveries will be on boats leaving week one and two of April.

The only thing you can do is to PURCHASE the car you see on inventory, chuck a deposit down to grab it. Wait for the confirmation then cancel your current order. They should give you the deposit back. It's cocking up because they're trying to screw about with your original RN. A new order will be way easier.

Reactions: greenbottle123
A few pages back other posters noticed the same thing with a car which technically matches their “spec” become available in the inventory. My theory is they are more incentivised to try sell cars through inventory to someone who hasn’t placed a Tesla order already (due to waiting times hitting all time highs for new orders). This also helps improve the Q1 figures as the Tesla will be sold within the next day or two.

Reactions: MrMoonUK